Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo... Wukong bro

Fallen77

Question

I have several questions, many things I did not find on the wiki. 

Does twinkong benefit from adaptation ? It says mods affect him, but I'm not sure if it relates to the health and shield boost part, or ALL mods.

For defy, does the damage absorbed (and thus thrown back) get reduced by armor/adaptation/thatkindofstuff ? If I go umbra wukong with big base armor and adaptation, would that reduce the damage of defy ? (For the same amount of power strenght of course).

Also, is defy's aoe damage a sphere or a horizontal disc ?

For the non-wiki based questions : any build suggestion ? I can't decide between a kinda tanky build and a range/strenght build. In your experience, is it worth to build tanky ? (Steelfiber,adaptation,yadiyada) I know it won't save me at high level, but would it save me from getting one shot bellow lvl80ish ?

Do you have any other build suggestion ? Any cool weapon combo for twinkong ?

15 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Does twinkong benefit from adaptation ?

As far as i know and from what i've tested, yes.

31 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

For defy, does the damage absorbed (and thus thrown back) get reduced by armor/adaptation/thatkindofstuff ?

No, it takes the FLAT UN-REDUCED DAMAGE you would have taken if you had 0 armour so increasing your armour won't reduce it's damage.

32 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

is defy's aoe damage a sphere or a horizontal disc ?

Horizontal Disc, it will hit around you but not above you.

33 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

any build suggestion ?

Go for tanky; high strength, decent duration(so defy's armour buff and cloud walker time lasts longer). Personally i use a primal rage build as it can decimate everything the game can through at you, if you do then you won't need range (doesn't affect staff size anymore and you'll be up close to enemies anyway to melee them). Another build would be one with decent to large range and use the celestial stomp augment to CC large groups of enemies (don't go for highest duration possible as it doesn't affect the time enemies stay CC'ed).

37 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I know it won't save me at high level, but would it save me from getting one shot bellow lvl80ish ?

Going tank can easily let you survive against lvl 100 enemies.

Any cool weapon combo for twinkong ?

Any high status fast firing gun + a condition overload melee = stupid damage really quickly. Personally recommend Ignis wraith for the status thrower. Other than that you can use Double opticors (if you have no melee equipped) or similar, just don't use bows or snipers as the clone doesn't know how aim for headshots, only body shots and struggles with the bows charging to fire arrows (will cause the clone to fire maybe 1 arrow every 10~20 seconds even with ridiculous fire rate/reload/charge speed).

32 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Does twinkong benefit from adaptation ?

Would be able to tell you definitively if you were able to get online and give me a hand.

35 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

For defy, does the damage absorbed (and thus thrown back) get reduced by armor/adaptation/thatkindofstuff ?

Nope.

36 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Also, is defy's aoe damage a sphere or a horizontal disc ?

Disc.

For the non-wiki based questions : any build suggestion ? I can't decide between a kinda tanky build and a range/strenght build. In your experience, is it worth to build tanky ? (Steelfiber,adaptation,yadiyada) I know it won't save me at high level, but would it save me from getting one shot bellow lvl80ish ?

Go tanky. Although I wouldn't worry about Steel Fibre.

45 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I have a general use build for you:

Any Aura, any Exilus, Flow, Overextended, Celestial Stomp, Intensify, Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Streamline, Continuity. Primes and umbrals recommended but definitely not necessary.

Pure crowd control for stuff like interception:

Aura, Exilus, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, (either r3 fleeting and r5 streamline, r4 and r4, or r5 and r2), Overextended, Augur reach, stretch, cunning drift, Celestial Stomp and Flow. No survivability on this one although you could put cunning in the exilus and free up a slot for vitality.

19 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Another build would be one with decent to large range and use the celestial stomp augment to CC large groups of enemies (don't go for highest duration possible as it doesn't affect the time enemies stay CC'ed).

It's worth mentioning that the augment mod Celestial Stomp is currently VERY buggy if you arent the host. I do love the mod when it works though. With my Wukong's build, using Celestial Stomp easily allows me and Twinkong to slaughter level 150 enemies.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pluto_Of_Mones said:

With my Wukong's build, using Celestial Stomp easily allows me and Twinkong to slaughter level 150 enemies.

Hmmm... you should be able to slaughter level 150 without it. It's not particularly game changing imo.

Here's what I've been arriving at.  Only annoyance is his passive jumps in front of QT but the Rage+HA+QT loop gives you a net over 100% so as long as you can keep over 2hp you're absurdly hard to kill.  It's kind of a 'Dive in and RAWR' build.

Spring-Loaded blade is on the staff for the lolz, it goes from 'absurdly stupidly long' to 'slightly more so', but it's not like killing things is a struggle with the staff.

A couple of fun discoveries.

1) Blast actually is great with Exodia Hunt because you don't end up doing so many [insert swears here] finishers.  A good synergy we shouldn't need.

2) The Cyanex with a bit of corrosive is a god secondary.  

3) Sonicor is hilarious if you can spare it.  I saw him juggle a mob in mid-air with it, made me happy.

4) I like the Zarr as a primary because the self-damage helps keep your shields down and a couple of hits of the E key gets you up to full life.  There are lots of good primaries though.

5) It's really annoying that you have to resummon cloney if you fall off a ledge

6) Being a Duality Equinox nerd really helped here!

7) If equipped on your primary, the clone procs exodia force (even when the Primal Staff is up)

Edited by FreeWilliam

Il y a 13 heures, FreeWilliam a dit :

Here's what I've been arriving at.  Only annoyance is his passive jumps in front of QT but the Rage+HA+QT loop gives you a net over 100% so as long as you can keep over 2hp you're absurdly hard to kill.  It's kind of a 'Dive in and RAWR' build.

Spring-Loaded blade is on the staff for the lolz, it goes from 'absurdly stupidly long' to 'slightly more so', but it's not like killing things is a struggle with the staff.

A couple of fun discoveries.

1) Blast actually is great with Exodia Hunt because you don't end up doing so many [insert swears here] finishers.  A good synergy we shouldn't need.

2) The Cyanex with a bit of corrosive is a god secondary.  

3) Sonicor is hilarious if you can spare it.  I saw him juggle a mob in mid-air with it, made me happy.

4) I like the Zarr as a primary because the self-damage helps keep your shields down and a couple of hits of the E key gets you up to full life.  There are lots of good primaries though.

5) It's really annoying that you have to resummon cloney if you fall off a ledge

6) Being a Duality Equinox nerd really helped here!

7) If equipped on your primary, the clone procs exodia force (even when the Primal Staff is up)

Thx for your analysis dude. Another question that just popped into my head : do you know if twinkong does friendly fire ? Am I safe giving him a Zarr or should I keep a watch on him ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Another question that just popped into my head : do you know if twinkong does friendly fire ? Am I safe giving him a Zarr or should I keep a watch on him ?

Totally safe.  He fires faster than you and that blast proc knocks everything around so it's one of his more survivable weapons. 

I like the self damage because sometimes I want to let my bro run around with the cosmic glowstick and bounce between that and range, so it's a great way to quickly tear down those shields for some rage energy (and with all the reach and speed I only need a couple of taps of the 'E' key to get my health back) 

There are other good weapons (There's a great duality equinox thread somewhere here. Amprex and Glaxion Vandal are also great, and the Arca Sisco is a surprisingly good sniper secondary) and I swap them in for fun sometimes but the Zarr/Cyanex/Exodia Hunt Heavy Blade zaw is almost definitely going to be my default loadout... I feel like I've got two answers to every problem.

il y a 22 minutes, FreeWilliam a dit :

Totally safe.  He fires faster than you and that blast proc knocks everything around so it's one of his more survivable weapons. 

I like the self damage because sometimes I want to let my bro run around with the cosmic glowstick and bounce between that and range, so it's a great way to quickly tear down those shields for some rage energy (and with all the reach and speed I only need a couple of taps of the 'E' key to get my health back) 

There are other good weapons (There's a great duality equinox thread somewhere here. Amprex and Glaxion Vandal are also great, and the Arca Sisco is a surprisingly good sniper secondary) and I swap them in for fun sometimes but the Zarr/Cyanex/Exodia Hunt Heavy Blade zaw is almost definitely going to be my default loadout... I feel like I've got two answers to every problem.

OK now, that's too many people praising the cyanex, fine, I'll give it a try.

Feels like I'm never playing with a fully built frame or weapon, everytime I finish one, there's another around the corner, that's just asking to be maxed.

Will probably never play with a fully-moded cyanex in the end XD

9 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

OK now, that's too many people praising the cyanex, fine, I'll give it a try.

Feels like I'm never playing with a fully built frame or weapon, everytime I finish one, there's another around the corner, that's just asking to be maxed.

Will probably never play with a fully-moded cyanex in the end XD

The Cyanex is pretty universally good and a quirky fun weapon to use in general, it just happens to be particularly good with clones because of how they behave. 

Inaccurate weapons can be problematic with them, but in this case it's an advantage because all the misses end up hitting SOMEONE and if you go heavy on the fire rate/reload then it's basically it's a better Supra Vandal with more status types and seeking bullets.  The big disadvantage is the ammo economy but clones don't have to worry about that.  They just hose the air eternally. 

With a bit of corrosive it's also just a great CO priming weapon and tears up armor just fine.  Those stacking clouds give you a lot of procs like a pox and with the innate gas proc you can get a lot of status going on.  It's far from the only good secondary but it's definitely top 5 for Duality Equinox and Wukong's twin.