Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More incentive for solo play

supernils

I know Warframe "is a Multiplayer game" bla bla (is it? there is explicitly a solo mode in game), and developers probably want people to seek out group play because it is assumed that the game is more fun for everyone that way, but it isn't necessarily.

What bugs me a lot about Warframe is how easy mode it is. It is fine most of the time, but you also need challenges. Sorties at first seemed to be the challenge, but basically you can do them with a MR1 char, because the group will always carry you. In fact it's mostly rushing through like it's nothing. I started doing sorties solo recently and for me it's a nice challenge, sometimes impossible (I'm not the typical BiS everything player) but it's still bothersome that you get the same reward you could have with zero effort in much less time. Fact is, it's the same content and the same rewards, no matter if played by 1 or 4 players, and that's not right to me.

I don't want to change anyone's way of playing the game, really, lower your pitch forks. I just want to improve certain ways of playing the game, create new possibilities for everyone.

I can not present a solution to this, only ideas. Certainly group play has to remain the most efficient way and thus popular way to play the game.

Maybe a 25% credit and affinity bonus would be discreet enough? Or too much? Something like that. I'm not even sure how loot is distributed exactly in this game but maybe that could be a place to tweak too.

2 minutes ago, supernils said:

Maybe a 25% credit and affinity bonus would be discreet enough? Or too much?

No Host-Migrations, no lags, no failing Team-Mates, no waiting on extraction is enough incentive for me to play solo (Friends only).

I wouldn't care about leechers if they don't make me wait

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No Host-Migrations, no lags, no failing Team-Mates, no waiting on extraction is enough incentive for me to play solo (Friends only).

would just like to add being able to pause the game is also a mad bonus to me. not to mention all that you said above. 

these reasons are enough to keep me more interested in solo than public, but thats just me.

14 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

No randos that bring Rhino to spy and fail the spy vaults...

I was really torn with yesterdays sortie to witness how many tries it would take for the group to finish the new Jupiter spy mission

• Like 1

My incentive for playing solo; I can play at my own pace with my frame and weapon of choise (without being a nuisance for others) + being able to pause the game. Also I think a game that is more co-op oriented shouldn't offer any real incentive to play solo other than personal preference.

1 hour ago, supernils said:

I was really torn with yesterdays sortie to witness how many tries it would take for the group to finish the new Jupiter spy mission

I usually just go with whatever frame (even rhino) to sortie spies and carry teams, but not current-Jupiter tbh. At least not while I haven't mastered it. So I wonder why people just try to wing it that way when they are not prepared to do so. This coming from a Loki starter who always likes stealth in all games.

one of the key reasons I dislike solo is the lack of enemy spawns in survival, making it literally impossible to make it far without running out of life support no matter how quickly you kill the enemies.

other than that, I normally go solo on spy because barely anybody actually brings a stealth frame, I've lost count of the amount of times I join a spy sortie only for me to be the only one running Ivara while everyone else runs Rhino, Ember, Volt etc.