Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling all Monkey Mains! (build help)

BethTheBean

Question

Good morning.

Since I'm getting great advice for my Oberon, I'm going to ask about Wukong.

Truth be told, I built/leveled/sold his base warframe LONG ago. Now that I have his prime, he's kinda fun. I was wondering if I should build him for survivability or performance? Here's my current idea...

Steel Charge
Power Drift

Blind Rage (probably switch out for Transient Fortitude)
Primal Rage
Flow/Primed
Umbral Intensify
Umbral Vitality
Augur Secrets
Continuity/Primed
Streamline

I have no idea how to build his exalted weapon. I'm going to assume, it would be similar to a typical staff build.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time and consideration, in this matter.

:hexis::suda:

Pretty good overall, I went for an umbral build too.

Why not build for both survivability and performance? Personally I would replace continuity, flow, and augur secrets with narrow minded, adaptation, and hunter's adrenaline.

You don't need range but duration is good, the bump in survivability is very useful, and the energy regen helps you keep primal rage running.

Not to mention you can heal yourself with cloud walker and have an endless loop of health → energy → health.

His exalted weapon go for hybrid build if possible, but crit build if not. You want to put (primed) reach on it. You can also use your normal melee (or Helios' weapon) as a stat stick by installating gladiator set mods on it as the set bonus applies to his ult.

Edited by CephalonDizzy
  • Like 1

CephalonDizzy has the right idea of it.

Adaptation is a really good mod for Wukong, as it will stack whilst in Defy, allowing you to safely get yourself up to the higher DR values without actually getting hit on the way. Hunters Adrenaline/Rage are a must for virtually any frame that self heals imo, range isn't really necessary as it only affects 3 things.

- Stun radius of Cloudwalker, irrelevant since you can only really get a finisher off on one or two enemies, meaning you should just focus on landing on them instead of stunning from further away.

- Taunt and attack range on Defy, which whilst pretty decent actually... doesn't really make up for the benefits of Narrow Minded.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Loviam said:

Is rage/Hunter adrenaline actually required on wukong? Everyone seems to be running them

Short answer: No, with good duration and efficiency it's manageable.

Longer answer: Since primal fury is a channeled ability zenurik dash and pizzas don't work. You also lose the combo counter once you deactivate it. So HA allows you to forgo some efficiency / duration to build for more strength (or whatever stat). It is simply the cheapest option, since the other alternative to boost energy when channeling is to have arcane energize.

This is just based on my playstyle though, but I have definitely seen it work without rage or hunters adrenaline.

oh, another question: on the wiki, in the maximization tab for Primal Fury, it says:

Maximized Ability Range increases melee range bonus to 56% per Melee Combo Counter rank.

Reduces damage to 100.

indicating that our whacking stick is affected by range somehow?? is this just incorrect??

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Increased beyond Streamline? So Fleeting Expertise? Definitely not.

I'm not currently using streamline. Which is better streamline or rage. I'm not currently using either 

12 hours ago, Loviam said:

I'm not currently using streamline. Which is better streamline or rage. I'm not currently using either 

Depends on the rest of your build. I don't have enough information to answer that for you.

16 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Is steel charge better than corrosive projection?

oh! Does your twin get his own aura too???

Realistically, Steel Charge will provide a middling bonus. However you'll be outputting so much damage it's irrelevant what aura you pick.

16 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Maximized Ability Range increases melee range bonus to 56% per Melee Combo Counter rank.

This is outdated.

15 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

With the range bonus active, these portions are elongated."

It's likely referring to reach mods, and shouldn't be using the term range. Using Reach or Primed Reach will increase the visible length of the staff, last I checked anyway.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Depends on the rest of your build. I don't have enough information to answer that for you.

Realistically, Steel Charge will provide a middling bonus. However you'll be outputting so much damage it's irrelevant what aura you pick.

This is outdated.

It's likely referring to reach mods, and shouldn't be using the term range. Using Reach or Primed Reach will increase the visible length of the staff, last I checked anyway.

What’s your current build?  

I think I messed up a polarity last night.

already considering putting the second upcoming umbral Forma on him.

On 2019-07-12 at 8:27 AM, CephalonDizzy said:

Pretty good overall, I went for an umbral build too.

Why not build for both survivability and performance? Personally I would replace continuity, flow, and augur secrets with narrow minded, adaptation, and hunter's adrenaline.

You don't need range but duration is good, the bump in survivability is very useful, and the energy regen helps you keep primal rage running.

Not to mention you can heal yourself with cloud walker and have an endless loop of health → energy → health.

His exalted weapon go for hybrid build if possible, but crit build if not. You want to put (primed) reach on it. You can also use your normal melee (or Helios' weapon) as a stat stick by installating gladiator set mods on it as the set bonus applies to his ult.

So ...

Steel Charge
Power Drift

Blind Rage
Narrow Minded
Adaptation
Hunter's Adrenaline
Streamline
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Primal Rage (Aug)

I'm enjoying your suggestions. I just need to level Adaptation, but should I level it to 9 or max rank? 

18 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Is steel charge better than corrosive projection?

oh! Does your twin get his own aura too???

The wiki states, that the twin's warframe and weapon stats/bonuses are affected by the mods Wukong has equipped. I'm going to assume he gets a boost to his melee (melee weapon & iron staff), similar to Venari's damage & healing when Khora has this aura.

im currently:

steel charge

power drift

umbral vitality

umbral intensify

umbral fiber

primed flow

narrow minded

rage

constitution

adaptation

most of you aren't running the third umbral, i see.

constitution - i like the knockdown recovery as much as the duration, but could be primed continuity if i wanted

rage, i keep swapping out for streamline or transient fortitude and cannot work out the best combo here

i can't seem to make blind rage fit very well.  the efficiency drop is killer (and countering with fleeting expertise is asking too many slots.)  im using wukong's cloud walk for mobility a lot

edit: im also torn between naramon for the combo counter decay or zen for the energy???

i only have one unranked arcane energize too

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

20 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

im currently:

steel charge

power drift

umbral vitality

umbral intensify

umbral fiber

primed flow

narrow minded

rage

constitution

adaptation

most of you aren't running the third umbral, i see.

constitution - i like the knockdown recovery as much as the duration, but could be primed continuity if i wanted

rage, i keep swapping out for streamline or transient fortitude and cannot work out the best combo here

i can't seem to make blind rage fit very well.  the efficiency drop is killer (and countering with fleeting expertise is asking too many slots.)  im using wukong's cloud walk for mobility a lot

edit: im also torn between naramon for the combo counter decay or zen for the energy???

i only have one unranked arcane energize too

1. Rhino, Frost, and Khora will run steel fiber / umbral on a regular basis. Their build(s) NEEDS the mod in one way or another. Other frames just have better choices for that slot.

2. Wukong's 1 and 4 are the only powers that matter. The ones that do most of his damage. His second is a pocket heal, and his third is a survival boost for those " oh-* " situations. This is why you need power strength.

3. Switch out rage for hunter's adrenaline , since the extra 5% is worth it and you will boost your pet -- providing they have a hunter build.

4. You need the highest power strength possible. Switch out umbral fiber and consitution , for blind rage and streamline . 

5. Switch out primed flow , for the primal fury augment. The iron staff is your main power. 

6. The Zenurik tree is a no-brainer option, since Wukong's energy pool is small but it's best to load up on power strength. 

7. As far as arcanes go, the opinions are as varied as the players. I dished out 600p for a R3-Guardian and a R3-Nullifier, and haven't bothered with any other. They're just too good for the way I play. 

41 minutes ago, GrazedZero said:

6. The Zenurik tree is a no-brainer option,

On the contrary, I think you need no brain to decide on that. :wink:

You already have Rage/Adrenaline, so your energy gain is pretty much covered. Plus whilst using Primal Fury you can't get energy back via Zenurik. If you want your big boy damage then you're better served using Naramon, and capitalising on keeping Primal Fury active as much as possible and keeping the combo up as much as possible.

1 hour ago, GrazedZero said:

1. Rhino, Frost, and Khora will run steel fiber / umbral on a regular basis. Their build(s) NEEDS the mod in one way or another. Other frames just have better choices for that slot.

2. Wukong's 1 and 4 are the only powers that matter. The ones that do most of his damage. His second is a pocket heal, and his third is a survival boost for those " oh-* " situations. This is why you need power strength.

3. Switch out rage for hunter's adrenaline , since the extra 5% is worth it and you will boost your pet -- providing they have a hunter build.

4. You need the highest power strength possible. Switch out umbral fiber and consitution , for blind rage and streamline . 

5. Switch out primed flow , for the primal fury augment. The iron staff is your main power. 

6. The Zenurik tree is a no-brainer option, since Wukong's energy pool is small but it's best to load up on power strength. 

7. As far as arcanes go, the opinions are as varied as the players. I dished out 600p for a R3-Guardian and a R3-Nullifier, and haven't bothered with any other. They're just too good for the way I play. 

Under 100 efficiency and no flow?!  Don’t you go out of energy??

57 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

On the contrary, I think you need no brain to decide on that. :wink:

You already have Rage/Adrenaline, so your energy gain is pretty much covered. Plus whilst using Primal Fury you can't get energy back via Zenurik. If you want your big boy damage then you're better served using Naramon, and capitalising on keeping Primal Fury active as much as possible and keeping the combo up as much as possible.

Cool. I'll check out what Naramon can do for me. :wink:

33 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Under 100 efficiency and no flow?!  Don’t you go out of energy??

Your efficiency is fine at 75%, so throw on streamline and you're good to go. As @DeMonkey stated above, rage / hunter adrenaline covers your energy regen.

2 minutes ago, GrazedZero said:

Cool. I'll check out what Naramon can do for me. 

Long and short of it is that your won't lose your combo bonus, even between waves or lulls in combat. I'd even recommend ditching a bit of power strength to guarantee no energy concerns, as being able to keep the staff at 3x damage with all the benefits that brings will outweigh higher starting damage but having to rebuild the combo.

@LarryYourWaiter I'll get my build tomorrow.

• Like 1

Using my listed build above, was able to comfortably keep the staff out for over 30 minutes in arbi last night

edit: and zoom around as a cloud whenever I felt like it or needed a heal.  Much quicker than magus repair or whatever.

under 100 efficiency just seems crazy to me

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

My current build,

Steel charge,

No exilus at current time

Umbral vit

Umbral fiber

Umbral intensify 

Adaption

Narrow minded

Transient fortitude

Augur secrets 

Augur message 

Personally as someone who doesn't use his 4 a lot I find that rage isn't as important because my energy mostly only goes to defy and cloud. At the present time i never walk around without at least 50 energy pies. But the next version of the build which will come after i get my umbral forma will be this

Steel charge

Power drift

Umbral intensify

Umbral fiber

Umbral Vitality 

Adaption

Augur secrets

Narrow minded

Primed continuity

Rage/ celestial stomp (maybe) 

I run around with a plague Kripath hybrid zaw so his 4 will In most cases be consistently weaker than my melee, celestial twin has a low energy cost and i prefer cc/survivability over DPS so i feel like i only actually need 205% strength for my heal and twins health, more duration means longer armour boost and more mobility/ invulnerability state from his 2. Stomp will come into play if i find i dont need the energy. I may also get an arcane energise if necessary  to use with my arcane grace 

18 minutes ago, Loviam said:

I run around with a plague Kripath hybrid zaw so his 4 will In most cases be consistently weaker than my melee

We could test that, if you'd like. :wink:

Edited by DeMonkey
Aurocorrect
  • Like 1