Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Someone plz explain American Gods to me!

I don't get it. 6 episodes in now.

IIRC, it's based around the idea that there are many avatars of the same Gods that are brought with immigrants.  Depending on how much devotion they're given, they'll be strong or weak. 

So, the Norse pantheon in America will be weaker than the one in their country of origin.

The book is about the old Gods, who are weak and mostly unworshiped, are being threatened by the new Gods of technology.  The old Gods are trying to fight back but it's not going so well simply because they're weak and don't have the power of belief behind them that the new Gods do.

I haven't had a chance to see the show yet, but I'm told it follows the book closely.

Reading Small Gods by Terry Pratchett might help.

1 minute ago, LightningsVengance said:

How so? (also what odes it mean to be ninja'd)

Well, you replied to one of my posts that was in a previous page without knowing that this page exists.

Or did you know???  :clem:

And being ninja'd means well, accidentally not having your post directly below the person you intended to reply to.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Juniormech777 said:

Well, you replied to one of my posts that was in a previous page without knowing that this page exists.

Or did you know???  :clem:

And being ninja'd means well, accidentally not having your post directly below the person you intended to reply to.

Oh, sweet thanks. I was aware this page existed, I just didn't think it mattered.

4 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

Oh, sweet thanks. I was aware this page existed, I just didn't think it mattered.

Everything matters.

That spider you killed as a kid?

It remembers, it's family remembers, your family remembers.

And most importantly, 

a47.jpg 

12 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

Rescued the hostage and he decided to teleport outside the jail and getting downed instantly. So why do i need to rescue him, when he can teleport and do sudoku.

Probably because he was a capture target from an earlier mission and was like "not these guys again!"  *sudoku*