Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I applied at an IT company, knowing I didn't have a chance, but suddenly they were interested after I said I beta tested Warframe, Aion and a couple other games.  

Color me surprised, games being a source of interest (would think of a game developer for that), though i dont have an easy time to make a connection between my hobbies and my soon to be working field. Anyway i will just have to keep digging.

9 минут назад, Renegade343 сказал:

That's probably because you hit them with the explosion and didn't kill them.

Renegade?

*bats eyelashes

On a star map I rarely have to hit twice.

Mobs beyond the explosion radius and LoS (behind the wall or container) raise there guns. And nope, they seen no bodies.

Infested are the worse. I may be wrong, but they seem to become alerted all over the map once one mob spots you.

Edited by rand0mname

2 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

Color me surprised, games being a source of interest (would think of a game developer for that), though i dont have an easy time to make a connection between my hobbies and my soon to be working field. Anyway i will just have to keep digging.

Can I ask what that field is?

4 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Job hunting is basically the real world version of tridolon recruiting chat.

LF entry level office drone, 15 years of experience required, must be proficient in mind control, warping reality, and excel. Prior CEO experience preferred.

And then, when you apply and you say "I have 3 years experience, went to college for this field, passed my certification test and am willing and able to start tomorrow" they turn around and hire some hot mess that'll require twice the training. .-.  

20 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Took me years to figure that one out.  

But yeah, would be nice if they said "Nice resume, I like the direction you're going but I'd like to see more hobbies or volunteer activities centered around the field you're trying to enter.  Otherwise, it feels like you're just here because it's a job and are likely to feckin' bail at a moments notice because you aren't invested in this."

Feedback would be nice .. instead only emptiness, which is annoying with all the time spent writing a good application & CV

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Can I ask what that field is?

Power Engineering, though i have to get my internship first.

Just now, Nova-IX said:

Feedback would be nice .. instead only emptiness, which is annoying with all the time spent writing a good application & CV

Power Engineering, though i have to get my internship first.

Ah, the internship should give the elusive experience.  Or so I'm told, anyway.

Just make sure to get letters of recommendation and references. 

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, the internship should give the elusive experience.  Or so I'm told, anyway.

Just make sure to get letters of recommendation and references. 

According to my friend, who is a year ahead, nope. I think it does, but it doesnt seems like it. I am aware of the references :3

Just now, MagPrime said:

Doesn't really help me with cleaning and packing tho

Hmm...

I know. Treat yourself a small bit for every certain progress completed with cleaning and packing.

For example: Treat yourself to a nice chapter from a book after cleaning your living room.

2 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Hmm...

I know. Treat yourself a small bit for every certain progress completed with cleaning and packing.

For example: Treat yourself to a nice chapter from a book after cleaning your living room.

Yeeeeah, no...I don't stop at one chapter. 

But it's only my room I need to clean and pack, and most of it is already packed (never unpacked it) and I just need to get it into the storage shed, then sweep/mop the floors.

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeeeeah, no...I don't stop at one chapter. 

But it's only my room I need to clean and pack, and most of it is already packed (never unpacked it) and I just need to get it into the storage shed, then sweep/mop the floors.

Then how about just keep encouraging yourself to do it in one go?

1 minute ago, rand0mname said:

@MagPrime, you evil mastermind, stop encouraging me to let my hair down in inappropriate places! Some things may slide here, but not in GD! 

I am far too old and respectable for warning points!

You've been here long enough to know that this will only encourage me. 

53 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

References:

My friend.

My closest friend.

My parents.

And then they gonna look at the doc and think wat the quack, then throw it in the bin.

42 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Then how about just keep encouraging yourself to do it in one go?

I find this is the best thing to do ... when you get yourself to start, but then its easy.

41 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

tbh I think I'm going to push my responsibility out to Friday instead, so I have time to take it easy and now give myself another damned headache from a long ass drive. 

If anything i have learned the hard way, is taking it easy is worth it and relaxing (can be). How far are you going? if i may ask.

Just now, Nova-IX said:

If anything i have learned the hard way, is taking it easy is worth it and relaxing (can be). How far are you going? if i may ask.

350+ miles, in a car that needs an alignment.  Get up to speed and it feels like the damn thing is going to explode.  

Just now, Nova-IX said:

And then they gonna look at the doc and think wat the quack, then throw it in the bin.

And that is why you generally wouldn't take life advice from me on the forums*.

*: Well, sometimes. I tend to make it obvious when.

Just now, MagPrime said:

350+ miles, in a car that needs an alignment.  Get up to speed and it feels like the damn thing is going to explode.  

Look on the bright side.

You don't need a boost-me-up drink in the morning :P.

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Did you try putting a forma in the car to reset the mileage?

Mileage is pretty  good, actually.  Getting 30+ to the galleon of late.  But the shaking is making me tense up while I drive, which makes my back, hurt, then my head, etc.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oof, i have tried that before and i see why its gonna be horrible.

9 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

And that is why you generally wouldn't take life advice from me on the forums*.

*: Well, sometimes. I tend to make it obvious when.

That counts for large parts of the internet. Well i could see through that one, but jokes just go past at lightspeed.

23 минуты назад, Renegade343 сказал:

Old, maybe.

Respectable, lol.

Ah yes. Steal a couple of things, frame one bird, come up with an evil plan and suddenly you are the rascal.

It was a gift, you had it coming, it was the only way to save us all from the bazillion Magical Demon Apes.

22 минуты назад, MagPrime сказал:

You've been here long enough to know that this will only encourage me. 

Space ninjas! Being caught or leaving witnesses is as unbecoming as being repeatedly bashed in the face by a shield lancer.

;).

Edited by rand0mname