Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

17 hours ago, Yrkul said:

I'm doing a bit of converting on my space marine sniper team atm. The scopes were horrendous, so I'm making some new ones using plasticard strips, modelling putty and precision telescoping brass tubing...

I'm a fanatic. So...?

It's a necessity unfortunately, who would have thought that the concept of optics or the mounting of such could be so hard to understand.

58 minutes ago, L3512 said:

It's a necessity unfortunately, who would have thought that the concept of optics or the mounting of such could be so hard to understand.

Well, if the entire design team consists of non-coms, you usually get weapons/gear that looks wonky. My pet peeve is still the magazine release on the typical bolter being a slide button on the outside of an elongated mag well, as well as the ejection port being half the height of the supposed caliber of the weapon. Plans to acquire a 3D printer intensifies...

Granted, the injection mold technique makes it a bit harder to get things like dials, lenses and sunshade in one cast without making... sacrifices.

Right now I'm waiting for the lens surfaces to harden fully, so I can sand them down and polish them up before assembling the telescope itself. Then I just need to figure out how to mount the assembly so it looks like it's mounted on the rail of the gun.

I have come to a point, where I modify my Games Workshop miniatures extensively in general. And since I just retired, I imagine I'll go even more overboard hobbywise. :D Just grabbed a handful of the new Space Marine Heroes series for their dynamic poses and better proportions, and plan on converting the heck out of them.

52 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

my man just cut up a water bottle and called it 3d printer filament

but like it works soo..?

My sister lives in an area that doesn't recycle much, so she's looking into getting a few of these machines to then donate the resulting product to the local high school that has about 4 printers set up for the students.

https://www.hackster.io/news/is-there-finally-a-machine-that-can-turn-plastic-bottles-into-3d-printer-filament-1697840bc0d8

10 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Well, if the entire design team consists of non-coms, you usually get weapons/gear that looks wonky. My pet peeve is still the magazine release on the typical bolter being a slide button on the outside of an elongated mag well, as well as the ejection port being half the height of the supposed caliber of the weapon. Plans to acquire a 3D printer intensifies...

Granted, the injection mold technique makes it a bit harder to get things like dials, lenses and sunshade in one cast without making... sacrifices.

Right now I'm waiting for the lens surfaces to harden fully, so I can sand them down and polish them up before assembling the telescope itself. Then I just need to figure out how to mount the assembly so it looks like it's mounted on the rail of the gun.

I have come to a point, where I modify my Games Workshop miniatures extensively in general. And since I just retired, I imagine I'll go even more overboard hobbywise. :D Just grabbed a handful of the new Space Marine Heroes series for their dynamic poses and better proportions, and plan on converting the heck out of them.

It's just basic stuff like the ejection port being unaligned with the barrel or the firing assembly being directly behind the magazine and yet inline with the barrel on some bolters to make chambering quite improbable. Move onto heavy bolters or bolt pistols and we have weapons with no effective barrel length but what should we expect when GW can't even count properly with 3 round burst but 20/25/40 round capacity mags. Suppressors on a weapons system that fires self propelled projectiles? why?

As for injection moulding I guess that's complexity and time VS cost as one piece is probably not possible to a high degree of detail.

Anyway sounds fun, I'm halfway through forging a camp hatchet/tomahawk and while It's proceeding pretty well I've lost some motivation. I think the main issue is that I'm going to have some drama with the timber for the handle.

3 hours ago, L3512 said:

It's just basic stuff like the ejection port being unaligned with the barrel or the firing assembly being directly behind the magazine and yet inline with the barrel on some bolters to make chambering quite improbable. Move onto heavy bolters or bolt pistols and we have weapons with no effective barrel length but what should we expect when GW can't even count properly with 3 round burst but 20/25/40 round capacity mags. Suppressors on a weapons system that fires self propelled projectiles? why?

As for injection moulding I guess that's complexity and time VS cost as one piece is probably not possible to a high degree of detail.

Anyway sounds fun, I'm halfway through forging a camp hatchet/tomahawk and while It's proceeding pretty well I've lost some motivation. I think the main issue is that I'm going to have some drama with the timber for the handle.

You could explain suppressors away with reducing the initial report and flash from the cased propellant, but when the gyrojet round leaves a trail from you to your target, it kind of makes the argument moot. But it looks sneaky...

As for axe hafts, I'd personally invest in a hickory haft and shave it down. Did that in my viking combat days and it lasted nearly a decade of abuse and being put through its paces (and a few shields). Ash and oak snapped over time, but the hickory treated with a mix of linseed oil and white spirit survives to this day, in my old weapons bag and all notched up about a quarter through.

I miss fighting.

Well.

My roommates cat and Mag got into it something fierce so I'm sending them to my parents place this weekend to avoid more, literal, blood shed.  Since her cat has never been alone before, we found a free kitten tonight to be a companion. 

Unfortunately there was a second kitten there and...I'm now one tortoiseshell cat richer.  As soon as she holds tf still I can get a picture that isn't a blur.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Unfortunately there was a second kitten there and...I'm now one tortoiseshell cat richer.  As soon as she holds tf still I can get a picture that isn't a blur.

I guess it's the same as with tattoos, guns or Games Workshop miniatures. Just one more and that will be enough... But it is never enough.

And Dakka. You can never have enough Dakka.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gamingchair1121 said:

so i guess the vectis is my new favorite primary

why is that?

rn my favorite primary is the baza prime. thing shreds through everything and doesnt give a damn. and amprex that thing is silly.

Edited by Mazifet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

why is that?

rn my favorite primary is the baza prime. thing shreds through everything and doesnt give a damn. and amprex that thing is silly.

bro have you even seen the damage it one shots lvl 145 heavy gunners on a body shot

and that one round magazine and fast reloading you just spam shots

its just insane

here's my build btw https://overframe.gg/build/392531/vectis-prime/g/

also earlier I was testing dps in overframe and was getting like 1.5 mil damage per shot (of course with a god roll -mag riven so I didn't have to use depleted reload, I know for a fact I'm never getting that but still)

OIP.GvxQcp0kzE51FFbU7KY8lQAAAA?pid=ImgDe

• Like 1