Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

5 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Just finished up my second week of new hire training and I have another ten to go.  

New employer, new work type or getting new recruits?

19 hours ago, Yrkul said:

New employer, new work type or getting new recruits?

New work type & new employer.  I started with a non-profit handling insurance customer calls.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

New work type & new employer.  I started with a non-profit handling insurance customer calls.

Well, I hope it works out.

20 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Well, I hope it works out.

Me too.  This company has an insane onboarding process, both weeks my training group has been set up with meetings to give feedback on everything from "who was our job posting" to "your health benefits started the same day you did, and your eyes aren't a separate entity needing it's own coverage"

The 13 week training period had me worried but now I understand why, there's so much information!  And they're teaching to people who have never been in the field or, like, worked.  There are a couple stay at home mom's in here who said they just decided it was time to get a job.

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Me too.  This company has an insane onboarding process, both weeks my training group has been set up with meetings to give feedback on everything from "who was our job posting" to "your health benefits started the same day you did, and your eyes aren't a separate entity needing it's own coverage"

The 13 week training period had me worried but now I understand why, there's so much information!  And they're teaching to people who have never been in the field or, like, worked.  There are a couple stay at home mom's in here who said they just decided it was time to get a job.

Sounds extensive. At least it sounds like you got a head start.

On a different note, I finally got my copy of Gramsci's prison notebooks, in a three-volume hardsleeve edition. A bit on the heavy side, but his writing is popping up in current discourse more frequently, often in a rather distorted form. So to better analyze socio-political dynamics, I have to... sigh... read Gramsci. This will be as long and depressing as Gulag Archipelago.

Oy vey.

53 minutes ago, JohnPetrucci said:

Did i win? i think i won at least momentarily.

Win? You took quite a bonk to the head from that shrapnel. Well, since you're still alive, get up, grab your rifle and fix bayonet. Assault is about to start.

06d.gif

Checking the subreddit of Helldivers, it seems they are always getting nerfs in some way or another.

DE could learn a few things from Arrowhead.

Let it all burn, its all hen fire.

6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

DE could learn a few things from Arrowhead.

In light of the recent PSN related kerfuffle, I would prefer they didn't.

No, what Arrowhead could learn from DE instead, is the ability to read the room and how to packpedal faster. Mein gott, did they screw this one up.

Now Sony halted the requirement to link up with PSN for now. Sales banned from Steam in 177 countries, community manager fired, countless sales refunded despite several months of playtime, and a massive loss in customer goodwill. About time someone realized, that wasn't such a smart idea after all.

It will be interesting to see if Helldivers II can recover, or if the debacle will sink what started out as a gigantic success. I actually believe, that the game failing because of this will strengthen customer rights, showing the industry, that their shenanigans can backfire spectacularly.

So, yeah. Let it burn, and let the ashes serve as a bitter lesson.

• Like 1

Going to see my favorite band with my favorite person tonight and afterwards we might get the once in a lifetime chance to see Northern Lights while in the US Midwest. Here's to hoping for clear skies tonight.

Initial reading of Gramsci's Prison Notebooks are interesting, though somewhat messy. I might want some secondary literature on his works before doing more methodical reading.

On a different note, the Filthy Capitalist Entity known as Games Workshop are hiking their prices up again. Funny, since they announced a very good year profitwise. Sad thing is: 1) Noone is surprised in the least. 2) Addicts are going to buy that plastic crack anyway.

That 3D printer looks more and more enticing. It would open up... possibilities.

il_fullxfull.4577503088_cfr0.jpg

And speaking of 3D printing...

On 2024-05-10 at 1:20 PM, TeaHands said:

Going to see my favorite band with my favorite person tonight and afterwards we might get the once in a lifetime chance to see Northern Lights while in the US Midwest. Here's to hoping for clear skies tonight.

Show was fantastic. Didn't get to see the Lights due light pollution in the city 

But I do get to say I navigated through a Geomagnetic Storm just to see Sleep Token lol. Didn't realize it at the time but the GPS on my phone kept freaking out because it couldn't pinpoint where I was. It kept thinking I was flying on and off the highway thanks to the interference.