--Aegis--MR9

Question

14 answers to this question

Worst case (with 3 Buffs):

Curses

• -66.8 to -81.7% Multishot
  • -122.5 to -149.7% Damage
  • -89.1 to -108.9% Physical Damage
  • -111.4 to -136.1% Critical Chance (-22.3 to -27.2%)
  • -89.1 to -108.9% Critical Damage (-1.3 to -1.6x)
  • -66.8 to -81.7% Status Chance (-13.4 to -16.3%)
  • -74.2 to -90.7% Status Duration
  • -33.4 to -40.8% Damage to Faction
  • -44.6 to -54.5% Fire Rate (x2 for Bows)
  • -37.1 to -45.4% Magazine Capacity
  • -37.1 to -45.3% Ammo Maximum
  • -66.8 to -81.7% Flight Speed
  • -37.1 to -45.4% Reload Speed
  • 66.8 to 81.7% Weapon Recoil
  • -44.5 to -54.4% Zoom

edit: Or did I missunderstand your question?
I mean...There is no Reload on Bows, is it?

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

edit: Or did I missunderstand your question?

Thats what I thought .. that there is no reload on bows .. but .. someone said it actually reloads after each shot .. which is effected by reload speed so wanted to check with u guys.

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Or did I missunderstand your question?

There is...and its most noticeable on The Paris Prime....

Once you've got your fire rate sorted you'l notice how long it takes to fire another arrow....

-Reload speed is definitely not the best negative you can get. It is really really obvious if you are using rakta cernos, but that being said, if you are purely using the cernos prime, its probably not that bad, given that it has a longer charge time anyway. If the riven has good positives, I would say, its good enough for a "self-use" for a cernos prime. If you do plan on using the rakta, unless the positives are "godly" (using this term loosely), I would suggest perhaps consider rerolling. 

Default Cernos Prime reload speed is 0.7 and with a negative 50% riven it gets to 1+. Now I don't really get this, when I am shooting it one after one, I don't really feel any delay, is it because the delay gets adjusted with the travel time and charge time?

Edited by MR9BCI

6 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

-Reload speed is definitely not the best negative you can get. It is really really obvious if you are using rakta cernos, but that being said, if you are purely using the cernos prime, its probably not that bad, given that it has a longer charge time anyway. If the riven has good positives, I would say, its good enough for a "self-use" for a cernos prime. If you do plan on using the rakta, unless the positives are "godly" (using this term loosely), I would suggest perhaps consider rerolling. 

I have a deal on a CC CD MS riven that comes with almost 50 + reload. It's gonna cost me about 2.5k. That is my life savings .. I do love the weapon and willing to spend it but I can't risk with something that's not viable. 

Edited by MR9BCI

so CC, CD, MS, -reload cernos for 2.5k?
that is really hard to say whether it is worth it or not.

Personally I won't want it because I don't like cernos prime, but I do like rakta cernos (and -reload would certainly harm rakta cernos), but if you are one of the people who likes cernos prime and not rakta... perhaps it could be good.

To be honest, considering its a 2.5k deal, perhaps you can ask them for a video footage / simulacrum test? at least I would for any deals of significant amount and with questionable (not saying its bad, its just uncertain what the harms are) stats

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

so CC, CD, MS, -reload cernos for 2.5k?
that is really hard to say whether it is worth it or not.

Personally I won't want it because I don't like cernos prime, but I do like rakta cernos (and -reload would certainly harm rakta cernos), but if you are one of the people who likes cernos prime and not rakta... perhaps it could be good.

To be honest, considering its a 2.5k deal, perhaps you can ask them for a video footage / simulacrum test? at least I would for any deals of significant amount and with questionable (not saying its bad, its just uncertain what the harms are) stats

Is Rakta Cernos significantly better than prime? Honestly I use the prime because well it's a prime it looks awesome, and I am happy how it performs.

Do you think a lot of that reload time gets balanced with the charge time and travel time of previous shot? Because when I am firing prime I don't even feel the 0.7 sec reload. I would definitely feel it on something else.

4 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

Is Rakta Cernos significantly better than prime?

No idea... all I can say is  the high amount of Impact Damage relative to everything else makes it especially difficult to proc Viral status effects....

30 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

Is Rakta Cernos significantly better than prime? Honestly I use the prime because well it's a prime it looks awesome, and I am happy how it performs.

Do you think a lot of that reload time gets balanced with the charge time and travel time of previous shot? Because when I am firing prime I don't even feel the 0.7 sec reload. I would definitely feel it on something else.

Is rakta cernos better than its prime? That is a rather subjective question imo. I personally would say yes, because I am using the rakta cernos for its speed.

While rakta cernos has a faster charge time (0.5 on prime compared to 0.25 on rakta), prime has a higher base damage and status chance. Critical chances are similar (rakta is just slightly better by 1% on charged shots)

This brings us to a question. Can you fully utilize the lower charge time? Before the bow charge time buffs an update ago, rakta cernos having a 0.25s charge time is really good compared to the 1s charge time on the other bows such as dread and paris prime (rip daikyu with 1.75), however now that they are only 0.5s (still rip daikyu, but at least its only 1s now), for some people, it is already "fast enough" and sacrificing damage (in both the form of base damage and critical chance as seen on rakta cernos) for the benefits of being faster, may not be the best tradeoff for them.

Keep in mind that there is another thing to consider. At 0.5s charge time, in additional to cernos prime you also have the choices of paris prime and dread, which imo are better than cernos prime (again, preference and depends on what you are trying to do, as it is a crit vs status debate)

As a bow fan (well and sniper / opticor fan xD), I do use more than just the rakta cernos, paris prime and dread are occasionally my weapons of choices. I like the rakta cernos because it is fast, and the only reason why I would pick it over my paris prime / dread is also because it is faster. Therefore, anything that slows it down would be an impact (pun not intended) to me and I would not want that. The same thing cannot be said the same for cernos prime (which also have the charge time of 0.5. If said riven is for paris prime / dread, I would definitely consider the riven as when I am using those weapons, the slight (emphasis on slight) increase in time between shot is not as important given the fact that you already have a 0.5s charge time anyway (so you would be looking for headshot / weakness shots regardless)

As for the second part of your question, I am not too sure how the reload time shown works on bows, that being said, when you add in a -reload, there will be a slight delay between your shots. The slight delay caused by -reload is likely insignificant compared to the charge time on cernos prime, and therefore would not be much of an issue, but certainly would be felt on the rakta cernos where you would be aiming to launch shots after shots at a rapid rate.

Given that the reload speed on the rakta and prime are not too far apart, a -50% reload speed would likely bring about a similar amount of delay. The same delay on a weapon fired every 0.25s and one fired every 0.5s is going to be vastly different. Assume it is a 0.025s increase (I made that number up, so don't quote me on that), 0.25 -> 0.275 is quite a bit, 0.5 -> 0.525? not so much

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

Is Rakta Cernos significantly better than prime?

I think it is. 

Though Cernos P on paper has high base damage and status chance, keep in mind this is divided among the 3 arrows it shoots / per shot.

So unless you can hit the target with all 3 arrows each time (ie if the enemy is less than 25m away, since the arrows fan outwards), the Rakta usually ends up doing more damage. On top of that, Rakta charges faster, has a higher crit multiplier, and has the innate blight effect. 

You can make the case for Cernos P if you went for a hunter munitions build and shooting at closer range targets though.

Edited by CephalonDizzy