Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Update Idea for Fast Travel

Xamerzan

This idea would only function in areas where players have the ability to Fast Travel; In areas where it'd be applicable, I think it'd be helpful to swap the gear wheel with a 'Fast Travel Wheel' with the options of whom we can fast travel to... this could also allow for additional fast travel options (such as the Syndicates in Relays).

Edited by Xamerzan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Fast travel from where to where? What are you talking about, open worlds? We can already warp across those places in like ten seconds in a variety of ways. 

What I mean is make fast travelling a bit more convenient than it already is in areas where it can be used (Relays, Cetus, Fortuna, etc.). I'm not talking the open worlds themselves, just the town areas where you have to open the menu to initiate fast travel.

Edited by Xamerzan

It's only a minor inconvenience. I just had the thought that it would be nice to just have to press and hold the Gear Wheel button then scroll and click on your desired location. Whether DE decides to add this idea to the game or not, makes little difference to me. I had this idea for some time before I finally decided to post it. X)

Edited by Xamerzan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Before we do that, can we expand fast-travel options to include Baro, Maroo and the Syndicates?

That's part of how this idea could be made even more useful than our current method, as it could likely (and hopefully easily) include places we couldn't fast travel to before.

On 2019-07-25 at 5:41 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come across as a criticism. It's just frustrating, and something I wanted to pitch in.

It's fine dude, it didn't strike me as a negative criticism. ^_^

For some reason, we can't switch locations treated as "relay".

So, if I am on Cetus and get an invite from Fortuna, I can't directly accept the invite, I have to leave Cetus and then Accept.

THIS should be improved as well.

• Like 1

I personally like the idea of gearwheel swap for fast traveling in towns and relays, but if anyone had any other ideas that they think would be a bit easier than this, please don't hesitate to post them here. ^_^

Edited by Xamerzan