Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Cred farming please

-Mogul

The index is so awful, it's hard to see the tiny green dropped points in the glare heavy game in the middle of a gunfight, the team AI is terrible and most importantly, the index doesn't represent the majority of what you do in warframe. It's a weird niche gamemode that works nicely in a story section but when you spend hundreds of hours building up your builds around the assumption you're going to be fighting a lot of enemies and that you need lots of aoe and energy mods only to find farming the MOST ESSENTIAL resource in the game requires you to do pretty much the exact opposite. Play a tanky solo frame like rhino with a high single target weapon (my 2 forma rubico prime barely scrapes by, most new/slightly experienced players will have at most a few primes, none guaranteed to be good for single target damage) or pray to the gods that you can find a group of people doing the index. It's barely viable solo unless you have some stacked lategame stuff at which point you've probably naturally earned all the credits you need. Please introduce better credit farms into the base game, something like dark sectors for credits instead of xp would be an easy fix

I just started doing profit taker again with a chroma build I been tweaking. Been enjoying it more than index (more so after the poor redesigned map. Too F-ing Big for so few players). With a booster I was getting a Mil every run or two.

Cool I'm trying to level up with the open world syndicates but my multiple forma prime gear isn't enough to do the highest level bounties and I'm out of credits and endo to level mods. I think the most frustrating thing is all of this new content coming out and I'm stuck watching it from afar having to farm the most basic resources. I know DE want to improve the new player experience and while I wouldn't call 400 hours game time new, I know most people have sunk many more hours and the complaints I'm making are trivial but please just understand that players naturally want to do the most efficient possible farm and every second I spend doing something that isn't the index I just sit there thinking "imagine how much I'd have if I just did an index run"

I just feel like I've been left in the dust for not being huge into warframe until the last year or 2 and now I have to suffer through old outdated content to finally reach all the exciting parts of the game everyone is playing 

5 minutes ago, -Mogul said:

But this is the issue, it takes high level gear to grind the very thing that enables me to level up high level gear

If you can't afford to level mods then you don't need them high level.

You can complete the entire starchart (and then some with skill) with the 10 rank mods only leveled half way. We are given the option to be unnecessarily powerful in this game, and tons of ways to overlap with more unnecessary power. I've played this game since about 2013 and most of my frames are using like a rank 7 or 8 Vitality. I have millions of credits, but since I'm usually the one getting my teammates up instead of needing to be saved I don't bother maxing a lot of my mods out.  

If you don't want the added challenge and want to be more overpowered, then get the "right" loadouts and run index until you can afford to do what you're trying to do.  Trust me though, the faster you try to rush to be in the top tier, the faster you'll be looking for something to do to pass time in the game. Take your time and enjoy, there's no end-game to look forward to. lol

• Like 1

I'm like 90% done with the starchart, I want to do high level bounties in open world and right now I can barely scrape through them. I know that the game is not meant to be rushed, if you bought everything in the game you'd basically have no game to play, but I want the go to experience for farming credits to be something that's indicative of the warframe experience that I enjoy, the ability spamming void dashing room clearing fun I love, not stressing out over a gamemode where you have barely any energy, and take out a single enemy every few seconds, it's just a niche gamemode that should be put to the side maybe to farm for some more unique mods for guns, not the go to for credits

32 minutes ago, -Mogul said:

If your goal is open world, the answer may not be entirely the strength of your mods, but the quality of your build. 

Even with low level mods, having a good mod loadout can make a big difference. Be sure to play to the natural stats of the weapons you're using. If they naturally have better crit, then mod to improve their crit damage and chance. If they naturally have better status chance then improve that. Different damage types work better against different factions and different enemies within the factions so it's useful to be prepared for that if needed (that's why we have A/B/C configuration options in our weapons.

Generally, against Grineer you're best bringing Corrosive or Radiation due to their armored guys being weakest against these. 

Impact and Magnetic are best against Corpus shields (Radiation and Electricity against their robots)...but typically Magnetic is the worst damage type in the game, and Corpus are pretty squishy so it's not necessary to use those against them. Status weapons work well against them since Slash procs (Bleed) and Toxic Procs bypass Shields entirely leaving them entirely vulnerable, and Bleed also bypasses armor so it's highly effective against both of these factions. 

The other thing you don't want to take for granted how much your Warframe can contribute to your weapon damage even if the frame itself isn't clearing rooms of enemies with a single button. Many frames have abilities that will directly or indirectly improve your damage to enemies with even simple builds. Frost's Avalanche reduces enemy armor, Nyx's Psychic Bolts can completely strip shields and armor, Harrow can increase weapon fire rate, Ember has multiple ways to drastically increase fire damage on your weapons, etc. Several Frames can open enemies to finishers, bypassing armor. Coming prepared for the mission, with a Warframe and weapons that are well suited to the mission can make a huge difference on your game experience. Now, if you want to exclusively use 1 favorite frame across the whole game no matter what, then yes you will need to max out mods and become exceptionally good with them to overcome any weaknesses they have naturally. 

Hopefully these tips will get you where you're trying to go without as much of the strain on credits. If not, then good luck. Hehe

I think you need to find better strats for Index. I used to play rhino. It felt slow, but I never bothered trying other frames, until I started a new account.

Now, I run Index solo with Nova (208% Duration (r5 or r6 Narrow Minded), 145% Strength, r5 Vitality, r5 Redirection, Enemy sense, and Streamline), and I can complete 4 rounds in 10min.

My strat is always keeping Molecular Prime active and camping at the area I have to deliver points. I just keep killing enemies as soon as they spawn (I use Fulmin with radiation damage), but I don't pick up points. I just leave them there and let the specters do the scoring. The points laying around will keep drawing enemies to that area, which helps with getting kills. I might pick up some points if there's too much laying around and the round is almost over.

If you get kills fast enough, it's really common having specters walking around with 60+ and 120+ points.

You can even get to 1 hour solo very easily with this strat, but at the 20~30min mark, you need to use Anti-Matter Drop as well.