Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will I be able to catch up 4 weeks? (Nightwave)

-Oni-Bushido-

3 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Probably not for the simple reason I got to level 24 on the 1st nightwave series and haven't gotten 1 single mission to catche series 1 up to 30......so ur prolly gonna be like me and up the creek....

The catch-up whoozle only applies to the current season. So if you didn't finish a previous season it will stay incomplete.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

The catch-up whoozle only applies to the current season. So if you didn't finish a previous season it will stay incomplete.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Figures.....

Theoretically you can but the catch-up system they added is a bit arcane IMHO. you will essentially have to make sure you do EVERY task at the very start of the week because until everything is completed it won't start piecemealing out the tasks you missed. 

Which really puts people who missed content under the gun to hyper grind everything.  Which IMHO isn't exactly a great place to be putting your players. 

I think a much better system would be to let people do anything they missed at any time as long as it wasn't an identical task. Identical tasks should be stacked sequentially so if you have two "Do 3 capture missions" doing 3 capture missions will fulfill one of those and cue up the next as available. But if say last week had a "Do 3 Spy missions" which you missed and this week had no such tasks then you should be able to complete that by doing 3 Spy missions regardless of having completed every challenge this week. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

As the title says, I will be out for 4 weeks. I have my nightwave progress up to date right now. Will I be able to catch up once I come back?

Thanks

Well I'd be happy to answer but my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs, and I'm all out of sacrificial goats so I can't even check the entrails for you. 

So instead I'll try math:

Each week we have something like 43k standing available. 300k/430k, gives us 6.9 weeks needed to make rank 30. If we count it as 10 weeks, missing 4 would put you below the minimum requirement, but with the catch up, it would mean doing something like 6 elites (of the 8). Or swap out some of those and do a few regular weeklies to make up for it. 

Now if it stretches to 11 weeks, you probably have nothing to worry about if you are able to complete all. No catch up challenges required. 

And if there are 12 weeks, you don't even need to do all of the challenges that you'll face in the 8 weeks that you will be around for. 

7 hours ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

As the title says, I will be out for 4 weeks. I have my nightwave progress up to date right now. Will I be able to catch up once I come back?

Thanks

When you come back complete that weeks tasks and the previous weeks tasks will become available, complete them and the previous week to that one becomes available and so on and so on.

En 24/7/2019 a las 22:14, (PS4)guzmantt1977 dijo:

Well I'd be happy to answer but my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs, and I'm all out of sacrificial goats so I can't even check the entrails for you. 

So instead I'll try math:

Each week we have something like 43k standing available. 300k/430k, gives us 6.9 weeks needed to make rank 30. If we count it as 10 weeks, missing 4 would put you below the minimum requirement, but with the catch up, it would mean doing something like 6 elites (of the 8). Or swap out some of those and do a few regular weeklies to make up for it. 

Now if it stretches to 11 weeks, you probably have nothing to worry about if you are able to complete all. No catch up challenges required. 

And if there are 12 weeks, you don't even need to do all of the challenges that you'll face in the 8 weeks that you will be around for. 

En 25/7/2019 a las 5:19, kikasnoob dijo:

When you come back complete that weeks tasks and the previous weeks tasks will become available, complete them and the previous week to that one becomes available and so on and so on.

Thank you people for the answers. Happy summer for everyonr.