Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

They should add some way to fresh start your account.

(XBOX)ZOMBIExSLAYA129

I have been trying to find out if I can fresh start my account and it turns out that there is absolutely no way to do that.   The only way is to delete your account and start a new one.  I feel like there should be some way to fresh start your account added into the game.  I want this and I know a lot of other people do.  I haven't played this game in such a long time and I am completely lost and so confused as to where I am and where I go from here in the game.  Not only that but I would also like to try to make better choices from the start now that I know how to play the game.  Who else agrees with me?  Please Digital Extremes, add the option of fresh starting your account!

vor 28 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ZOMBIExSLAYA129:

I have been trying to find out if I can fresh start my account and it turns out that there is absolutely no way to do that.   The only way is to delete your account and start a new one.  I feel like there should be some way to fresh start your account added into the game.  I want this and I know a lot of other people do.  I haven't played this game in such a long time and I am completely lost and so confused as to where I am and where I go from here in the game.  Not only that but I would also like to try to make better choices from the start now that I know how to play the game.  Who else agrees with me?  Please Digital Extremes, add the option of fresh starting your account!

don't see any benefits from that.. you can still play every storyquest and everything else you have done without reseting your progress.. just start the quests in your codex... 

il y a 20 minutes, Leyvonne a dit :

The problem with account reset is that support would soon be swimming in tickets saying "I want my old progress back".

What about this :

1- You get a "new game +"; it means that you got back to MR0, and have to redo all the quests, relays/planets, and all the grind;

But:
2- All the parking-storage (warframe, companion, weapon) will stay;
3- All the "Prime warframe/sentinel/weapon" you have will be dissassembled and made again in simple "parts" (except for Excaliburu Primarch which remain intact), to be remade again;
4- All the plat spend in cosmetic (delux skin, armor, pack, cloth) are coming back in Platinum form.
5- Ducats are conserved because why not (void money can bend reality; and is probably the source of the Duviri Paradox).
6- All accessories, ephemera, cloths, etc... obtained by spending Money on pack (ex: Equinox P pack), or by challenges (Lotus anniversary), or by gift (Lotus ephemera; money spend by friends) will remain untouched.

You are able to take a new path, for challenge or whatever reason, you are rewarded by a useless glyph for it, but you conserve your Primes (vaulted or not) so you don't feel like being stolen.

Plus, to enter in the "new game +", you will have to do all the quest, all the tileset, have a 10x Vitus Essence in inventory + a confirmation with an email send to the player.
SO the NG+ is accessible only for the end-end-game player, with a serious confirmation on the choice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

What about this :

1- You get a "new game +"; it means that you got back to MR0, and have to redo all the quests, relays/planets, and all the grind;

But:
2- All the parking-storage (warframe, companion, weapon) will stay;
3- All the "Prime warframe/sentinel/weapon" you have will be dissassembled and made again in simple "parts" (except for Excaliburu Primarch which remain intact), to be remade again;
4- All the plat spend in cosmetic (delux skin, armor, pack, cloth) are coming back in Platinum form.
5- Ducats are conserved because why not (void money can bend reality; and is probably the source of the Duviri Paradox).
6- All accessories, ephemera, cloths, etc... obtained by spending Money on pack (ex: Equinox P pack), or by challenges (Lotus anniversary), or by gift (Lotus ephemera; money spend by friends) will remain untouched.

You are able to take a new path, for challenge or whatever reason, you are rewarded by a useless glyph for it, but you conserve your Primes (vaulted or not) so you don't feel like being stolen.

Plus, to enter in the "new game +", you will have to do all the quest, all the tileset, have a 10x Vitus Essence in inventory + a confirmation with an email send to the player.
SO the NG+ is accessible only for the end-end-game player, with a serious confirmation on the choice.

That won't do anything for players who have quit before clearing the star chart and completing quest etc and now want to get back in the game again. Also no amount of confirmation and "YOUR CHOISE IS PERMANENT" will stop people from making tickets about it. People don't read what is in the confirmation box, they just hit OK.. and even if they did read it they'll make a ticket saying it wasn't them / they didn't understand / it was an accident and so on. There are companies that require a physical letter with the player's signature when requesting account deletion and those companies still get support requests about account restoration.

I have nothing against starting over fresh and actually do that when I haven't played a game in a long time, but I usually return to my old account or character after I'm comfortable with the game again. I just think that account deletion / reset is not a good idea when support is already swamped with everything else. Who knows maybe we will get a better returning player experience with the new player revamp or maybe we should start asking for a returning player system to help with getting back to the game.

il y a 40 minutes, Leyvonne a dit :

That won't do anything for players who have quit before clearing the star chart and completing quest etc and now want to get back in the game again.

That's why I called it a "new game +" and not a "reset" ; I'm personaly against a reset & you could do something similar by creating an alternative account (I dislike the idea of "would you delete your account" option).
So to be a NG+, just like in Dark Souls : you must finish the end ; as Warframe doesn't have a physical "ending" we can only think of the most difficult ressource to get, without being extrem (like asking " 10 000 ducats, 150 nitain, 10 000 hexenone, 100 vitus essence & 100 000 000 credits") - to be at the end, the Arbitration seems the most adequat game mode (need to have finished all tileset, have the paracesis) & only "10 vitus essence" makes a confirmation that -1- you are a sustainable high-level player or -2- you are an incredible high-end leech carried at least in 10 games.

After that: yes, people complains, but with some of the rules I told before, you can make your stuff survive & you get back your platinum; so it will save a bit.
People are d*mb & the idiocy of mankind is limitless - it's a fact and we can't do things about it, except lowering the potential damages.

And I'm with you : account deletion & reset aren't my cup of tea too; but as you also said: maybe in a far future where there is not only war, we could have a new Beginer Start which could provide some interest to play at.

----All aside, except an emblem / sigil, I think it's pretty difficult to reward players attempting the NG+ ... If they keep their prime, arcanes, plat, primes; they won't care about many things.. A costume/deluxe appeared to be way to small for such sacrifice...
Maybe if the NG+ is giving even more Quest & new story line and options ? Like Playing the Operator from the start, trying to awake a warframe (ex: attempt to domesticate a feral Oberon on Earth) ?

19 hours ago, (XB1)ZOMBIExSLAYA129 said:

I haven't played this game in such a long time and I am completely lost and so confused as to where I am and where I go from here in the game. 

Resetting your account will not help. As soon as you catch back up to where you are now, you will be just as confused. As to being lost, just look at the Quests tab in Navigation. It tells you the next thing to do. You think you may have made some mistakes that you want to fix, but no mistake is worse than throwing everything away. 

I thought of another idea but I'm not sure it would work.  If I requested an account deletion would it delete my Warframe account and then let me start another one off of my Xbox account?  Or do I just have this one account linked to my Xbox account and it won't let me link a new account?  If anybody knows the answer or has an idea of what would happen then please share.

8 hours ago, (XB1)ZOMBIExSLAYA129 said:

As much as I would love to do that I can't since I play on Xbox.  That would mean that I have to create a whole new Xbox account.  If I played on PC I would have done that by now.

Really? On XBox it's linked to your Xbox-account? That really sucks then... In that case they really need an option like that.

7 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

Really? On XBox it's linked to your Xbox-account? That really sucks then... In that case they really need an option like that.

Exactly!  That's why there should be an option.  If I was on PC I probably would not even be asking for a way to reset my account.  I would have made a new account.  But it's not that easy on Xbox.  My Warframe account is just my Xbox account so I would have to create a whole new Xbox account and probably pay for Xbox live on it just to play Warframe.

On 2019-07-31 at 3:57 AM, Leyvonne said:

The problem with account reset is that support would soon be swimming in tickets saying "I want my old progress back".

You are definitely right.  People would regret their decision and want undo the reset.  But I just thought of another idea that will provide some sort of a reset option without having people begging for their old progress back.  What if Warframe had a system where you had multiple saves and when you go into the game you can choose which save you want to load.  That way you can start another save but still have your old save just in case you ever want to go back to it.  This way you can keep using the same account but you can have multiple saves to choose between in case you feel like starting again for the fun of it.  This system would actually be much better than an account reset.  I'm kinda surprised I didn't think of this earlier.

On 2019-07-31 at 4:31 PM, Umbriellan said:

"new game +"

I'm definitely more interested in this than reset, curious how it'd be done and what change it'll bring, might allow them to add more replay-ablity into this game. But.. scaling in this game is over the roof, might end up being very chaotic.