Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interactions With Ancient Healers....

Lutesque

Question

So According to The Wiki.... Ancient Healers are pretty Straight Forward. 

1) Heal any enemies in their Aura

2) Give 80% Damage Reduction to all enemies in their aura

3) give Proc Immunity to all Enemies in their Aura....

Now maybe im just seeing things but it seems like when you attack protected enemies with Status weapons,  the Ancient healer will get the status effects in the enemie's place....

On top of that it seems like Enemies under the Healer's Aura will also be immune to Staggers and Knockdowns.... which is an issue because it causes Nezha's Divine Spears to Retract.... 

So.... is that right ?

Did I miss anything ?

7 answers to this question

There are a bunch things missing here:

1) any proc done to enemies under the aura will be instead transferred to the healer

2) in case of multiple healers, they all get the proc 

3) radiation procs get sent back before taking effect. In practice this means procing radiation on any enemy under the aura will turn off the aura entirely because the rad proc will bounce towards the healer 

4) healers are the only ancient type whose aura doesn't affect themselves, no matter how many healers they are. They never get the damage reduction. 

5) damaging enemies under the healer aura will heal the healer himself. 

As for the 0 dmg numbers popping up that's not from the healer. If you get a bad combination, like a toxic ancient and a few elementa eximi on a negative modifier damage type your danage can be reduced to 0 (sorta like what happens if you stack all toxin resistance mods and adaptation). 

Oh no well it can also happen on healer if you hit a bunch if targets AND the healer, the 0 means you healed the healer more than you damage through the hits you landed on his buddies. 

Edited by Autongnosis

Mostly correct, the damage reduction is actually 90%, and damage done to protected allies will heal the Healer up to a total of 150% max HP. This means that hitting a large group of protected enemies with AoE damage may have trouble actually killing the Ancient until the other enemies die.

They absorb procs, but Radiation procs will stop them from protecting nearby enemies as they go crazy, so hitting a group with Radiation procs will effectively disable the protection aura.

6 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Mostly correct, the damage reduction is actually 90%, and damage done to protected allies will heal the Healer up to a total of 150% max HP. This means that hitting a large group of protected enemies with AoE damage may have trouble actually killing the Ancient until the other enemies die.

Jesus !!! 😞

6 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

They absorb procs, but Radiation procs will stop them from protecting nearby enemies as they go crazy, so hitting a group with Radiation procs will effectively disable the protection aura.

Well.... at least we aren't completely helpless.... I think I can use my Tigris to deal with the Bombards and Heavy Gunners.... 

The reason why I asked is because there was a Nidus in the Sortie yesterday who Tethered himself to a Healer... and wow... we had a really bad time.... luckily he was understanding and Tethered himself to a differen't target.... 

Playing Nidus seems complicated....

6 hours ago, BansheePrime said:

Damage reduction auras are weird. They make AoE weapons deal a whole 0 damage a lot of the time.

I think its because some enemies in the game have Innate Damage reduction or high resistances to specific things.  Like Eximus Units.... they are the ones where I'l use Big Fat Zeros if I hit them with Gas or Radiation...

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Jesus !!! 😞

Well.... at least we aren't completely helpless.... I think I can use my Tigris to deal with the Bombards and Heavy Gunners.... 

The reason why I asked is because there was a Nidus in the Sortie yesterday who Tethered himself to a Healer... and wow... we had a really bad time.... luckily he was understanding and Tethered himself to a differen't target.... 

Playing Nidus seems complicated....

I think its because some enemies in the game have Innate Damage reduction or high resistances to specific things.  Like Eximus Units.... they are the ones where I'l use Big Fat Zeros if I hit them with Gas or Radiation...

I'm under the impression it's because when an AoE hits multiple enemies the blast itself gets reduced damage against everything so it gets reduced to zero with a bunch of DR targets hit and stacking with eachother.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

3) radiation procs get sent back before taking effect. In practice this means procing radiation on any enemy under the aura will turn off the aura entirely because the rad proc will bounce towards the healer 

Oh.... GAME CHANGER !!! 😄 this is good news...