Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chests and Lockers - too unrewarding

Scar.brother.help.me

Even when I just started playing (mid 2018) - I opened every chest and every locker. It was fun solo and exciting. But even then very quickly the need for it disappeared. The reward does not compensate the time spent on it. And if most barrels and chests are opened on the run by random aoe - most people don't care. And the lockers stay closed 99% of the time.

Would be nice to  have some granted rewards from every locker and some rare stuff coming from lockers only.
Same but a little less for the "barrels" - just less than for lockers but more different than what you get from enemies around.

P.S."May be create some new concept about lockers in this looter-shooter? may be some daily like treasure hunt in the lockers from Maroo? She is kinda lonely there at her market place and not evolving"

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

9 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

It just needs more and better scaling on higher lvls, if it was at least ok - people would open them more willingly, don't u agree?

Honestly lockers are really just out-dated at this point, same with ayatan stars not being vaccumable since they both act as distractions to what the game mostly fits these days, being insanely mobile to get thru a mission fast & being the equilvency of a switch army knife with each knife being a way to take out many enemies at once or something along those lines. Just like how people get peeved over those grineer doors that magnetic screw you by draining all your energy with a magnetic proc, which atleast has an excuse to get in your way of reaching the main objective, not a completely unrelated side distraction. The only real reasons lockers exist is cause of some likely unlisted value on having higher odds to get ayatan stars or rare resources from them or just a semi-easy way to get life support capsules in survival, when most mid-level players already mastered the art of mass blending enemies at break neck speed.

The only other reason why lockers exist is the secret cache ones, which are easily marked by a item box, which regular ones aren`t. Plus honestly, buffing the loot you get from lockers would have to be 5x or even 10x more potent to match/exceed the kind of rates we get thru regular enemy-genocide parades in defense/survival based missions, just to give us a actual reason to open them, which loses its reason once we are sitting on a pile of them and if we need more we can just keep killing enemies instead.

TL;DR: Just make lockers a destructible object instead so we end up just breaking them by accident and the loot just gets vacuumed up, since without a proper & valid reason to open them, and im not taking about ayatan stars, they have not much reason for existing in warframe in its current state.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Honestly lockers are really just out-dated at this point, same with ayatan stars not being vaccumable since they both act as distractions to what the game mostly fits these days, being insanely mobile to get thru a mission fast & being the equilvency of a switch army knife with each knife being a way to take out many enemies at once or something along those lines. Just like how people get peeved over those grineer doors that magnetic screw you by draining all your energy with a magnetic proc, which atleast has an excuse to get in your way of reaching the main objective, not a completely unrelated side distraction. The only real reasons lockers exist is cause of some likely unlisted value on having higher odds to get ayatan stars or rare resources from them or just a semi-easy way to get life support capsules in survival, when most mid-level players already mastered the art of mass blending enemies at break neck speed.

The only other reason why lockers exist is the secret cache ones, which are easily marked by a item box, which regular ones aren`t. Plus honestly, buffing the loot you get from lockers would have to be 5x or even 10x more potent to match/exceed the kind of rates we get thru regular enemy-genocide parades in defense/survival based missions, just to give us a actual reason to open them, which loses its reason once we are sitting on a pile of them and if we need more we can just keep killing enemies instead.

TL;DR: Just make lockers a destructible object instead so we end up just breaking them by accident and the loot just gets vacuumed up, since without a proper & valid reason to open them, and im not taking about ayatan stars, they have not much reason for existing in warframe in its current state.

word

I'd argue the problem with Lockers is their short interaction range. I didn't have to go rub my face on a locker and spam my Use key hoping to catch a glimpse of an interaction prompt, I'd open them a lot more than I do. I'd say boost Locker interaction range to 2-3 meters and let us hold the Use key to open lockers we run past. Or you can go one better and simply have lockers open as we run past them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

It’s opening a locker/crate.....how rewarding does that really need to be in warframe? 

• If you want the dikish remark: The same kind of b.s. level as loot boxes with the shiny lights and even if you get something you already own, you get a special currency that is a smoll amount to trade in for something fancier once you open hundreds of them.
  • Realistic remark: Just let us break them when we shoot them, cast a warframe ability that can blast the heck out of every enemy on the map, including regular loot resource nodes & etc. Very least we wont have to walk up to them and press a button that is likely the same button we use for reloading. Its simple but its a slight annoyance that can build up to the point where we can care little about it, just like how i dont even care to do sorties anymore due to how bleh it is since i own many potatoes, forma, exilus slots, Endo in the upper 5 digit land & riven mods, if you get those instead, are usually worthless garbage that usually cant even be worth 20 plat when veiled on console, the fact that market chat on ps4 values a veiled riven to half the price of a potato is rather sad. Double lottery to get a riven mod then to get a highly coveted weapon of a riven mod is already a pain, triple worst when you have to farm tens or even hundreds of thousands of kuva just to get a good roll, which the number of coveted stats likely are 6 or less for the most part, since most don`t like elemental, physical damage, faction bonus, recoil reduction, etc. modifiers.

TL;DR: Why mess with an object when infinitely better ways to obtain whatever is present in it are present & half the reason to get stars for making filled statues is already shat on by arbitation & similar endo farming content. With the other half having statues so cheap, you could likely buy 6 statues for the price of a potato.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Scar.brother.help.me:

Even when I just started playing (mid 2018) - I opened every chest and every locker. It was fun solo and exciting. But even then very quickly the need for it disappeared. The reward does not compensate the time spent on it. And if most barrels and chests are opened on the run by random aoe - most people don't care. And the lockers stay closed 99% of the time.

Would be nice to  have some granted rewards from every locker and some rare stuff coming from lockers only.
Same but a little less for the "barrels" - just less than for lockers but more different than what you get from enemies around.

P.S."May be create some new concept about lockers in this looter-shooter? may be some daily like treasure hunt in the lockers from Maroo? She is kinda lonely there at her market place and not evolving"

Basically agree - the only Containers i love to open are those in the Void, to at least get some Mods - or finding those super Rare Containers.

But there is this big problem in Warframe, that is 90% of the Items and the Ingame Currency have little to no Worth.
What do you wanna put in?
They could turn up the Credits, from 1000 - 100.000 possible credits obtainable.
Resources are Irrelevant, since you get them better by killing enemies.
Mods, similar to resources, but because you only need one or two of each mod.

There aren't that many items worth getting and having a fitting value to be obtained from lockers or containers etc.

Edited by Somi_xD

On 2019-08-04 at 4:40 PM, Somi_xD said:

Basically agree - the only Containers i love to open are those in the Void, to at least get some Mods - or finding those super Rare Containers.

But there is this big problem in Warframe, that is 90% of the Items and the Ingame Currency have little to no Worth.
What do you wanna put in?
They could turn up the Credits, from 1000 - 100.000 possible credits obtainable.
Resources are Irrelevant, since you get them better by killing enemies.
Mods, similar to resources, but because you only need one or two of each mod.

There aren't that many items worth getting and having a fitting value to be obtained from lockers or containers etc.

100k credits is a good one, Endo, Kuva, More mods on different planets, cosmetics, relics whatever makes it worth slow down and open or even have MASTER THIEF on from time to time (or PRIMED MASTER THIEF :D)

Right now Lockers and chests look like ~5 years outdated and abandoned by DE.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Scar.brother.help.me:

100k credits is a good one, Endo, Kuva, More mods on different planets, cosmetics, whatever makes it worth slow down and open or even have MASTER THIEF on from time to time (or PRIMED MASTER THIEF :D)

Right now Lockers and chests look like ~5 years outdated and abandoned by DE.

Yeah, this wouldn't be to bad.
Maybe giving the option to open up fast or slow.
If you destroy (opening fast) Container/Chests - you get the current rewards (that's for people who want the Energy Orbs), but if you take 2 or 3 sec to open them properly you get the better loot.
Or having a chance on better rewards(like those from rare containers) from closed Container/Lockers (giving Master Thief/Scavange a purpose)
There are some ways to improve on it - personally, most of the time i don't like how fast-paced the game has become.
I like to play solo, sneaking through the maps and finding secrets, rare container etc. but it isn't really worth it anymore - also the game design of the current Warframe pushes you more into a fast gameplay.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb (PS4)BenHeisennberg:

I think Orb Vallis crates strike just the right balance.  More like that around would be nice, particularly on the starter planets since new player energy economy is pretty poor in a game about using abilities.

Yeah Orb Vallis Crates do the right job, for the place where they are located.