Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mark KDrive races on the map please

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

A known little fun bit is that if you have not ever seen that K-drive race, it won't automatically show up on the map, if you 'discover' it then it will be marked in future for you when the race is in circulation. As there are 22 races, they cycle through them with up to five per day, and you may not have 'discovered' the races that are available for that day.

Once you're on your K-drive, any available races that you have discovered are visible on the map in the same way that holding your Tranq Rifle shows Conservation locations.

There are online maps to show you where the races spawn, often updated with which races are active that day, so if they aren't visible to you then just head for the general direction and it should pop up once you're nearby.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Once you're on your K-drive, any available races that you have discovered are visible on the map in the same way that holding your Tranq Rifle shows Conservation locations.

That's definitely not true, when you stand on a K-Drive(NOT the starter one!!!) all 5 races for the day are shown on the map, it doesn't matter if you discovered them or not.

6 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

That's definitely not true, when you stand on a K-Drive(NOT the starter one!!!) all 5 races for the day are shown on the map, it doesn't matter if you discovered them or not.

Ah, could be the Starter K-drive bit. The people I've been helping with the Nightwave in game are all the kind that don't want to do K-drive content, so they obviously haven't done any of the races.

The second that they got in range of them, however, the races did pop up on the map and stay popped up on the map until we left the Vallis, which is why I believed it was that they hadn't 'discovered' them yet.

If it's all to do with them using only the starter K-drive, then I stand corrected.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ah, could be the Starter K-drive bit. The people I've been helping with the Nightwave in game are all the kind that don't want to do K-drive content, so they obviously haven't done any of the races.

My heart is breaking 😞

I absolutely love the races and wish we could get new incentives to do them, after getting everything from the Ventkids.

But yeah, also just learned yesterday, that races don't show on the starting board.

4 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

I absolutely love the races and wish we could get new incentives to do them, after getting everything from the Ventkids.

Unless the mods we get from the Ventkids for the boards are capable of actually doing proper damage (I'm looking at you Slay Board...) to the scaled enemies we face, and unless we gain the ability to at least use a Secondary weapon while riding them, K-Drives are literally worse choices than Archwings.

I gave them the chance, and I've got my ideal build for my ideal board, but the results... not viable enough to keep using.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

K-Drives are literally worse choices than Archwings.

Oh, I don't use them for mobility(Except when I'm solo in the vallis and can take my time), I purely use them for fun, love doing some races now and then.

1 hour ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Well I'm still using the starter board since there isn't any reason to build a custom one, after flying in circles for almost 30 minutes on my archwing I was able to find and complete 2 of those annoying things, hopefully I'll find a third before reset. 

Really hope the ephemera is worth the trouble..

QDu3vi6.png

Here are the K-Drive races for today. If you have trouble in the future, just ask someone in region chat who does have a custom K-Drive.

I would also like to remind you that you DO NOT need to complete every challenge. There are also now fanatic mobs that give Nightwave standing when killed.

Edited by Bioness
  • Like 1

Also note that if you're still on the starter board, once you do find a race, you can drop a marker on the map and run that same race over and over and max your standing for the day so you can work toward putting together a real one so you then see them on the map.