Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to damage enemies currently being attacked by Ash's clones

TennoSensei

Stemming from the proposed changes to frozen enemies not being able to take additional status effects, I think there shouldn't be any reason why shooting an enemy with an Opticoe deals no damage just because my clone attacking it.

It gets in the way, even for Ash.

• Like 2

i would agree that this makes logical sense... but it is a direct buff as it increases your dps output while then enemy is stun locked.

i think the idea is nice, but on principal i'm against buffing anything until they introduce enemies that present challenge at the current power level of the game, unless it is a rework for ember or vauban who are poor and abused step children that need a good pablo in their life to show them some love and provide them a stable home environment.  this isn't to say those two aren't viable, but they are the only underwhelming frames at the moment.

as it stands ash is "fine".  this makes sense and would be nice, but is also overkill.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

2 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I think the idea is nice, but on principal i'm against buffing anything until they introduce enemies that present challenge at the current power level of the game,

as it stands ash is "fine".  this makes sense and would be nice, but is also overkill.

I've been waiting for a long time to ask for this change and upon seeing Rebecca's post, I just thought now's the right time.

I don't think it's overkill. In fact, it's an issue right now with him that BS is not really being used a lot ever since it got changed considering the conflict it has with his other ability, Seeking Shuriken w/the augment, which is preferred over BS these days.

There's something incredibly wrong when an armor-stripped lvl. 100 Bombard in a group of 8 survives from a barrage Zarr bomblets just because a clone is still enjoying its time with it. Used BS in this scenario for whittling down their HP by a bit in case you're wondering why I simply didn't cast it to not hinder myself.

BS is meant to be his primary ability focused on dealing damage but that can't happen when it prevents him from doing so, aside from the fact SS opens enemies for a lot more damage in contrast. It should at least be able to function along with it.

Nowadays, I just use the ability for light CCing enemies I don't wanna deal with. Or for dispatching Opsreys and flying drones.

He's "fine", yes but that shouldn't prevent him from getting reasonable changes.

Anyway, if we really are to go with your approach, then we shouldn't have those frozen enemy changes at all.

1 minute ago, TennoSensei said:

I've been waiting for a long time to ask for this change and upon seeing Rebecca's post, I just thought now's the right time.

I don't think it's overkill. In fact, it's an issue right now with him that BS is not really being used a lot ever since it got changed considering the conflict it has with his other ability, Seeking Shuriken w/the augment, which is preferred over BS these days.

There's something incredibly wrong when an armor-stripped lvl. 100 Bombard in a group of 8 survives from a barrage Zarr bomblets just because a clone is still enjoying its time with it. Used BS in this scenario for whittling down their HP by a bit in case you're wondering why I simply didn't cast it to not hinder myself.

BS is meant to be his primary ability focused on dealing damage but that can't happen when it prevents him from doing so, aside from the fact SS opens enemies for a lot more damage in contrast. It should at least be able to function along with it.

Nowadays, I just use the ability for light CCing enemies I don't wanna deal with. Or for dispatching Opsreys and flying drones.

He's "fine", yes but that shouldn't prevent him from getting reasonable changes.

Anyway, if we really are to go with your approach, then we shouldn't have those frozen enemy changes at all.

i mean that's the thing... i agree with your appraisal, i actually think it"s a good idea, but i'm also in the same sense, not excited about the cold changes either for the same reasons.  i like the concept... i just think it's so far down on the pile of things... this is a nice thing that would be cool... but i'd really rather they fix the absolutely busted parts of the game before trying to add more niceties that make the game even easier.

for example... notice in your post above "i only use it for light cc to avoid engaging enemies"  to me that's the bigger issue, you can just skip whole parts of the game... and while that's fine for standard content given the grind we have, having challenging aspirational content would indeed be a far better priority imho.

making micro tweaks like the cold changes to improve a combat system where you already one shot everything on the tile as fast as you can bullet jump through it is just... minutia.

it would be incredibly important if there was any sort of aspirational content at all, but there isn't.  

at no time do you need a squad.  at no time do you need to think about what you're doing.  at no time do you have to be careful.  until that happens i'm just against even positive changes because of how pressing the larger issue is to me.

7 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

having challenging aspirational content would indeed be a far better priority imho.

12 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

until that happens i'm just against even positive changes because of how pressing the larger issue is to me.

Yes, but it wouldn't hurt a lot to have these changes now in preparation for that, which I really hope they have one in store for us as I highlighted in my other comment on that Saryn thread.

6 minutes ago, TennoSensei said:

Yes, but it wouldn't hurt a lot to have these changes now in preparation for that, which I really hope they have one in store for us as I highlighted in my other comment on that Saryn thread.

i mean... i would agree if i had any faith that would happen, but as it stands we have literally years of precedent of nothing important happening.

2 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

unless it is a rework for ember or vauban who are poor and abused step children that need a good pablo in their life to show them some love and provide them a stable home environment.  this isn't to say those two aren't viable, but they are the only underwhelming frames at the moment.

Zephyr says hi.
And no, what she got wasn't a rework, it was a prime access advertisement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

i would agree that this makes logical sense... but it is a direct buff as it increases your dps output while then enemy is stun locked.

I see it as less of a buff and more a needed QoL.

I've had ash players with absolute minimum power strength just casting BS on the same target over and over and over and over again, not killing it, and not letting anyone else do the killing either.  Gets rather annoying rather quickly in a defense mission....

It gets super annoying, especially if said target is an ancient disrupter or healer, doubly so if they are an eximus variety.

Right now BS is nearly a troll tool only...and that's the problem with it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

hace 42 minutos, Tsukinoki dijo:

I see it as less of a buff and more a needed QoL.

I've had ash players with absolute minimum power strength just casting BS on the same target over and over and over and over again, not killing it, and not letting anyone else do the killing either.  Gets rather annoying rather quickly in a defense mission....

It gets super annoying, especially if said target is an ancient disrupter or healer, doubly so if they are an eximus variety.

Right now BS is nearly a troll tool only...and that's the problem with it.

That must have been in ye olde days of BladeStorm, where Overxtended builds were common (even tho range for pre-nerf BS ranged from pointless to detrimental for the reason you just said).

Right now it's only worthwhile function comes from the recent buff to Rising Storm. The ability is still nigh useless as ever, but at least you can ramp up combo counter faster in situations where you need it, like after a revive or when you enter the portal on SO. (provided you have max efficiency, rage tank a bit or have energize)

Changing it to "enemies can be attacked" would require DE fixing Finishers to allow that, as currently Finisher attacks in general put you on a separate dimension, like a less fancy Limbo Rift.

BS right now needs a buff to speed and ease of use, because marking enemies by the true and tested "feign parkinson" is akward at best (PC) and impossible at worst (Console) and the ability is so damn slow (even if you have Primed Fury on) that you are better off using your melee or firing your gun than wasting energy on it. So I would say allow enemies to be attacked, increase marking reticle width (along with making all executions nearly instant, like having all of them be attacked at once by clones)

Or return the old marking system of "you mark one enemy at 25m and everyone else around that enemy in a 25m radius so it would at least be more confortable to use (could be compensated by making it nigh useless vs Heavy&Eximus, essentially making it a "clean up" tool to wipe hordes of grunts, while using Teleport as the dedicated Heavy-Killer tool. Like pre-nerf used to be) and remove that nonsensical "you join with teleport" hogwash, and make it so you join by pressing BS key again (also making it easier to tell if BS is still going on other than a tiny number in the far corner of the screen, like keeping the sepa colors and smoke vent while it's happening)

7 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Zephyr says hi.
And no, what she got wasn't a rework, it was a prime access advertisement.

zephyr Is fine.  admittedly she's underwhelming, but nowhere near to the extent those two are in that they just have no functional space in the game where as at least zephyr is "sorta" useful in the plains if you don't have every other frame that does her jobs better?  Her main issue is that everything she does is done better by someone else and her kit has no synergy to speak of.  but... i mean, that's like half the roster.

Edited by Klokwerkaos