Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better interaction between Mag's abilities and Infested enemies

Zoh_Veldae

While playing with the Mag Warframe, I always noticed that she can do very little against Infested-type enemies . Since they have no armor or shields, her main abilities don't really affect them that much. This kinda makes sense as her theme of magnetism and electromagnetic disruption means that she fares better against metallic armor and the type of regenerating shield systems present in the Warframe universe. However, I'd also like her to at least do something worthwhile against Infested.

While watching a certain anime about manly buff men, extravagant poses and musical references (which I think I'm not allowed to name out loud in these forums), I noticed one specific character with a certain power to control magnetism, which reminded me of Mag of sorts. However, this character didn't just control metals directly, he also employed his power in a rather terrifying but effective way: manipulating the iron inside a human bodies' blood in order to form it into sharp, metal objects that cut the enemy from inside, leaving them bleeding profusely. I was amazed at how ingenious the application of that power was, and then I thought "Why can't Mag do this too?". In addition to her abilities interacting with Shields and Armor, they could also interact in a similar manner to this anime character's power against enemies that have neither, namely the Infested. 

In simpler terms, to make Mag's abilities (namely her 3rd ability "Polarize") cause Bleed procs on Infested enemies, referencing the tactic of manipulating the iron in their blood to cut them from the inside, as opposed to not doing anything at all to them.

This could also translate to other Warframes with similar abilities (for example Hildryn), which exclusively interact with armored and shielded enemies, but do nothing against those that possess neither of those defenses.

I hope that makes sense to all, this is just something that I thought up after a spark of inspiration brought about by anime.

Thank you for reading and have a good one!

• Like 3

I can see good points in this but reason i would be against is simply that you can't make everything effective against every enemy, we already have heavy imbalance already sadly between certain, weapons, frames and status effects as example.

For lower and middle level she sitll is ok i say, crush still cleans them out fast and quick, while stronger enemies like elders you use your weapons and bubble still also works, it's like asking making all enemies vulnerable to all elements, Mag is in a good place i say, i mean look at Hyldrin, powerful but her 2nd ability scales horrible with armor as example also.

Some tweaks could help everyone tho to make up for lack of inability to use certain powers on certain factions, like increasing her CC instead if it not kills enemies, why i use her Crush augment mostly, we can work around such problems mostly but other frames defintly still have trouble like Vauban, Zephyr, etc, which are to specified simply.

Specific frames and weapons can be good for variety but it should not be the meta, or rather there should be no meta at all, every frame and weapon should work to a certain degree the same on all factions and preparing should give a simple bonus you can feel, i mean look at the mess like Eidolons, the Wolf, etc. Radiation pure damage only. THAT is bad design, locking like 90% of your arsenal out the whole game.

We need balance changes and how effects work, the recent elemental ice rework was a good start already i say. Hopefully if magnetize gets its rework it would make Mag also more relyable then even against infested that way i say.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

but do nothing against those that possess neither of those defenses.

This presupposes DE didn't explicitly design them the way they are and every single person involved forgot an entire faction in the game. Maybe your frame has just as much impact on your loadout for a given mission as the weapons or companions do.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well if you didn’t believe that then why bother making a comment that creates a contradictory tone against the OP? 

I made no comments about anything and this contradictory tone you're talking about is something you decided by yourself. If you want to believe that my question must mean something more then they do then that's up to you. But I'm not interested in discussing your assumptions. And since it doesn't look like the OP will answer my question it's probably time to move on.

9 hours ago, Marine027 said:

I can see godo points in this but reason i would be against is simply that you can't make everything effective against every enemy, we already have heavy imbalance already sadly between certain, weapons, frames and status effects as example.

The only thing that Im not too big on when it comes to arguments like that is that, nothing is exclusive to infested. Id accept it if some frames excelled against infested uniquely while perhaps not being as good against other factions but thats not the case for any frame that I can think of. Best case normally is a frame deals a damage type the infested are weak that makes it less effective against other factions. Correct me if im wrong thorugh, its late and there are 45 or so warframes, most i dont really play, to think back on.

Instead a frame just happens to have some stuff that cant affect infested because they dont have armor or shields so they are just being excluded because theres nothing really unique to infested to take advantage of specifically. The closest thing is probably vauban and bastille but not only do healers challenge that but as we can see bastille is quite effective against everything as well.

To me it seems unnecessarily disparate as only one side really loses.

Edited by Annnoth