The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Vauban the "Sentinel-Warframe"

DreisterDino

7 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

lol. Sorry. When I read the title "Sentinel Warframe". I just imagined Vauban hovering about above your shoulder, shooting ping pong balls at enemies and dying instantly when a Sortie level mob sneezes at him.

Huh, thought I was the only one. From the title I thought the suggestion was to make vauban a sentinel, so I chortled.

Turns out the idea of making vauban a sentinel wasn't so bad after all.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter:

lol. Sorry. When I read the title "Sentinel Warframe". I just imagined Vauban hovering about above your shoulder, shooting ping pong balls at enemies and dying instantly when a Sortie level mob sneezes at him.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb nms.:

Huh, thought I was the only one. From the title I thought the suggestion was to make vauban a sentinel, so I chortled.

Turns out the idea of making vauban a sentinel wasn't so bad after all.

lol... when i first read it i didnt understand what BountyHunter wanted to say, but yeah...this sounds like an even better idea! 😄

And you know what? Lets do the same with Titania (she is already small)...and lets go all in and give em this "Devil and Angel Theme" and make them talk to us:

Titania: Kill em Tenno! Or let me kill em with my Dex Pixia!

Vauban: No Tenno dont listen to her. Just let me throw a Bastille and move along.

Titania: Kill em Tenno! Kill em!

Vauban: *sigh* just kill em, why listen to me, afterall, im just Vauban..

Or, final idea, and this is probabably the best i had so far:

Just make Vauban a Floof! I guess everyone would be happy about that.

Everybody loves Floofs and Vauban is arguably more useful as a Floof as opposed to being a Warframe.

You´d be better designing a sentient tamer frame, with a vombalyst-like companion, if it get kill it just transform into a different phase, remaining intangible for a while and changing its pattern of attack, but we also already have a sentient type warframe.

16 hours ago, themagus2 said:

I went through what you wrote quickly.

First, the two examples you gave as ability reskin, the volt augment and wisp ability... I believe vauban was there first. Not that it matters. 

My question to you is - why not make this a new frame? You can tweak and change abilities but you bring a whole different concept to a frame that use the concept of traps. Now, I'm in favour of a frame that amplify gear and a frame that take something as miscellaneous as sentinels and make something out of them, it sounds great, so why not a new frame (instead of our new frames which seem to knock tropes off a list)?

And yeah, I do think vauban us unique with what he does now. Can they change him? Ye, they touched oberon a couple of times and did good, so I'm sure they could do this guy too.

Vauban used to be able to throw his Tesla on his sentinel, which means Wisp's 1 is a reskin (and better) Tesla

For my part, what I expect from an engineer class in a game, is a turret or drone and skills to buff and maybe heal 

With 4 abilities, you can keep his 3 and 4 as is (they're ok and the fans won't go full rage), and make his 1 and 2 into damage (not Tesla level of damage) and buff (overshield, ammo/energy drop, heal, ...) you can switch from

I like your ideas, but I think this Sentinel should be tied to Vauban like Venari is to Khora. That also opens the door for dual Sentinels with him, which would fit his gadgeteer theme quite well.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1