Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emissary suit looks like it was smeared on.

Midas

Yea, something definitely needs to be done with a graphics overhaul. I didn't spend an insane amount of money for a person with shaky hands to grab an airbrush and spray on some bullcrap. The model is nice, but the textures of most stuff in this game are getting really weak. Here's a picture of the arsenal up close to show you how lazy DE has become. 0jBj8Mv.png?width=680&height=703

Edited by 0rdinal

1 hour ago, 0rdinal said:

Yea, something definitely needs to be done with a graphics overhaul. I didn't spend an insane amount of money for a person with shaky hands to grab an airbrush and spray on some bullcrap. The model is nice, but the textures of most stuff in this game are getting really weak. Here's a picture of the arsenal up close to show you how lazy DE has become.

It's absolutely unfair to take an asset from 5 years ago that's about to be reviewed and never intended to be looked up close and call DE lazy for not looking as detailed.

Yes, the game needs to have the textures uncompressed in one way or another, but that doesn't make them lazy.

20 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Look at the texture on the maligna skin, looks like it was colored with finger paints.

Maligna, which the issue it seems to have is compressed maps, is getting fixed in time of the new Mainline, so I have no doubt that if needed the suit will be fixed too. AFAIK it should be relatively easy and just ship less compressed maps.

It's nothing new: Volt Prime back in the day released like that, some new stuff looks somewhat compressed sometimes too. We usually pop a thread, have some patience and they just ship better ones when able.

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Oh, well you spent money. Time to halt everything and fix your pet projects, then.

To clarify your misunderstanding, I'm talking about how much money I spent on my PC. I would never spend money on a game that the devs clearly don't care about whatsoever.

3 hours ago, 0rdinal said:

Yea, something definitely needs to be done with a graphics overhaul. I didn't spend an insane amount of money for a person with shaky hands to grab an airbrush and spray on some bullcrap. The model is nice, but the textures of most stuff in this game are getting really weak. Here's a picture of the arsenal up close to show you how lazy DE has become. 0jBj8Mv.png?width=680&height=703

You spent an insane amount of money on a free Nightwave cosmetic? How'd ya manage that?

17 hours ago, 0rdinal said:

that arsenal mesh is older than time itself. the rework will fix it.

Edited by iMessier57