Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealoid Bastion and Zealoid Prelate

(PSN)Seratronix

Was going to summon zealots in simulacrum and forgot DE removed the ability to spawn them, but i noticed that "zeal" popped up two unknown infested enemies.

So I investigated zeala, zealb, zeal,..,..,.zealo, zealoa, zealob..... 

Finally I figured out both new enemies' names.

Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion.

Names in simulacrum.

Edited by (PS4)Seratronix
Link added

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This is a very interesting find, thank you for sharing! 

If I'm counting this right, we only have 2-3 weeks left of this season, and I wonder how exactly the story will turn out. The name zealoid suggest they are even less human than zealots? 

Current Nightwave got extended, so there's probably a good amount of time those enemies come.

• Like 1

From the shape of it it just seems like a runner type infested. Modified, sure, but still a runner. Which would be sad since I liked the new Ancient Infested showcased during Tennocon and hope there are also new units coming.

And since DE seems to be slightly shifting focus from Corpus to Infested, after they did the same for Grineer to Corpus, I'd assume an infested world might be in the works. Possibly mixed with Duviri or after that. But I digress on this.

We've seen a zealoid.  It showed up as a new infested unit in the empyrean demo.  It looks like a more melee focussed ancient, with a massive smashy arm.

So, good to see infested getting new units.  The zealots are already somewhat impressive, though their numbers are few, running into people packing heavy infested weaponry is a legit threat, and would provide a significant change to how you confront the usual waves on waves of enemy infested.  The zealoids should be a good boss fight for whatever new infested weapon we're getting!  Hope for a two handed nikana to rival my tatsu!

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

I think it was Steve, but im not sure, but he hinted there would a entity similar to the Wolf, so maybe its those two?

Yep, think it's the new infested they were showing off a month ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

From the shape of it it just seems like a runner type infested. Modified, sure, but still a runner. Which would be sad since I liked the new Ancient Infested showcased during Tennocon and hope there are also new units coming.

Im guessing the sihloutte is either a place holder or an oopsie.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-23 at 9:24 AM, MythicPulse said:

We've seen a zealoid.  It showed up as a new infested unit in the empyrean demo.  It looks like a more melee focussed ancient, with a massive smashy arm.

So, good to see infested getting new units.  The zealots are already somewhat impressive, though their numbers are few, running into people packing heavy infested weaponry is a legit threat, and would provide a significant change to how you confront the usual waves on waves of enemy infested.  The zealoids should be a good boss fight for whatever new infested weapon we're getting!  Hope for a two handed nikana to rival my tatsu!

"melee focused ancient with a massive smashy arm" sounds like the leaping thrasher in the new derelict missions. maybe the Zealoids were just placeholder names for that guy and the Undying Flyer?