Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven help.

(XBOX)xKamiyadaa

Question

16 answers to this question

It's basically those big ships you see fly in the air and deploy the enemies for you to fight.

If you have a weapon that can easily one shot the ship or pick out the enemies that are on the ship like aoe effects or sniper rifles to take them out, 

you can find plenty of these on the plains of eidolon while doing the bounty missions, just pay attention to the sky 

You can find plenty of dropships in the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, but in case you can't run either of those areas try any corpus defense that is not indoors, which tends to get 1 to 2 dropships per 5 waves, which can range between 4 to 9 enemies. It only counts while the enemies are on the dropship, so doing it on a lower level mission with something that could be classified as a "nuker" would be the easiest way of doing it. Any Weapon that has splash damage (Lenz, Ogris etc.) would probably work just aswell.

Im not sure how well known it is, but those circular shaped Corpus ground vehicles count as Dropships.

Just go to any road near an enemy base in Orb Vallis, they love to send their Corpus goons to do drive bys lol

Also, this is in addition to the actual Dropships they will send after you, Thats why its the place i normally go to for these rivens.

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

Io Jupiter has had a decrease (non existence for me) drop ship spawn since tileset rework. 

I have found some frames are also good at wiping dropships of their crew: Mag, Ember, Saryn, Nezha (spear build - high dmg).

While weapons can guarantee a few at once, not everyone has the MR to wield a few.

I guess I will hijack this thread instead of making my own...I need advice on how to do a challenge to!!

I dont do sorties so I dont mess with rivens..   But I like to help others do their challenges.   A couple of people have tried asking for help with one that sounds hard and they usually get pissed off and leave because I have the audicity to ask a few questions before attempting to do it.   

But the challenge is....

-Scan a ceph target while taking no damage and using no gear wheel or abilities....

How in the hell does someone do that?   My plan was for me to use an Octavia so we can both go invis.   And for the other dude to use Operator void mode while not in invis...

I can use my abilities and gear wheel right??   Please dont say this is a limbo challenge?? I have finally broke down and am making a limbo for synditicate missions/ayatan sculpture hunting but I dont want to use him any more than absolutely necessary cuz I hate his guts.....  

I could also use Ivara and invis arrows but I dont really have an ivara built for that or have very much experience using it lol.   But that sounds way easier than Octavia...  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I guess I will hijack this thread instead of making my own...I need advice on how to do a challenge to!!

I dont do sorties so I dont mess with rivens..   But I like to help others do their challenges.   A couple of people have tried asking for help with one that sounds hard and they usually get pissed off and leave because I have the audicity to ask a few questions before attempting to do it.   

But the challenge is....

-Scan a ceph target while taking no damage and using no gear wheel or abilities....

How in the hell does someone do that?   My plan was for me to use an Octavia so we can both go invis.   And for the other dude to use Operator void mode while not in invis...

I can use my abilities and gear wheel right??   Please dont say this is a limbo challenge?? I have finally broke down and am making a limbo for synditicate missions/ayatan sculpture hunting but I dont want to use him any more than absolutely necessary cuz I hate his guts.....  

I could also use Ivara and invis arrows but I dont really have an ivara built for that or have very much experience using it lol.   But that sounds way easier than Octavia...  

You can do it with Rhino by activating Iron Skin before you find the simaris target, damage to IS doesn't fail the challenge.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

But the challenge is....

Rhino is great for this one.

It says you cant use abilities, but for some reason it will still work if you cast Iron Skin right when you land into the mission. Dont worry about taking damage, it wont fail the challenge if you take damage to your Iron Skin.

If you have access to a good build with him, theres an even easier method with Revenant. Same as Rhino, cast your 2 right when you land, and you will take no damage. Its easier because with Revenant, anyone that tries to damage you will get put to sleep, including the target!

Scan away while they are taking a nice nap 🙂

Edited by (PS4)SpIitSnake

Poster 1 @(XB1)AK MAX 04 Go to POE (Plains of Eidolon) start a low bounty or free roam use gun that can kill ships in a couple of seconds and you'll get 3 to 4 enemies each time.

Poster 2 @(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN  I find I can scan the target from a distance, scan the legs first if you spook them they become erratic depending on the target and it's easier to get the head scans and body.

Edited by Slayer-.
added (Plains of Eidolon)

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Ok but wtf.. doesnt using the scanner break the no items rule??? Or are they just talking about pizzas and kinetic siphons and stuff but the scanner is immune?  

You're able to use the scanner only, or you wouldn't be able to do the riven mod criteria. 😛