Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Kunai or Stars?

DrakeRemorea

Question

I hear that Kunai are better and stars just faster. Anyway looking for a good kunai/kunai prime, maybe stars if good ones. I have hikou prime set idk probably wanna sell after vaulting. 

I use the dread and never use secondary (twin gratakas) except for when outta ammo. I'd like a cool powerful throwable too go with. 

Also can someone explain to me how slash/viral damage works because it mighty confuses me. Dread supposed to be good but these damn corpus armoured shield opponents take so many shots outta my dread in high index (I have point strike and vital sense on too). 

8 answers to this question

Hikou Prime is a very nice toy if you use concealed explosives. Unfortunately, most thrown types only kill quickly up to around level 60-80. After that, 99% of the good secondaries are going to be actual guns.

Also don't forget that you need to level each weapon to 30 at least once just for the mastery to up your rank. Higher mastery rank helps a LOT when working on reputations and syndicates. There's a huge difference between a daily cap of 1k and a daily cap of 28k, lol.

Sancti Castanas, Pox, Fusilai and Spira Prime are the only Throwable Secondaries I'd recommend. 

As for Slash + Viral... 

Slash Procs deal damage directly to enemy's Health bypassing Shields and Armor.... The Viral Status Effect simply cuts the enemies health in Half.... meaning less damage is required to kill them. 

For a secondary I usually use my catchmoon, tombfinger, or akjagara primes now. Crafting kitguns is incredibly easy, so the first two shouldn't give you much trouble.

I also keep a pox, too. There aren't many weapons that can beat that monster for pure status procs, lol. The numbers look tiny, but they add up incredibly quickly when you realize just how many of them are ticking at a time.

Edited by Riger82

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

As for Slash + Viral... 

Slash Procs deal damage directly to enemy's Health bypassing Shields and Armor.... The Viral Status Effect simply cuts the enemies health in Half.... meaning less damage is required to kill them

So on my dread (with viral) should I go for status chance to just apply procs? Is that enough to kill high levels? Also how'd I go about getting high status chance dread?

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Also how'd I go about getting high status chance dread?

You don't. Dread is a crit based monster if built properly. You headshot an enemy and if it survives Hunter Munitions takes care of the rest. Viral is good with it but on another weapon.

As for your Index problem: it's the weapon itself. It's not suited for this mission. 

Recommendations for Index are mainly Shotguns (Tigris Prime and Arca Plasmor) with Radiation.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

So on my dread (with viral) should I go for status chance to just apply procs? Is that enough to kill high levels? Also how'd I go about getting high status chance dread?

Theres 3 Primary Ways... 

1) the 60/60 Status Mods, Rime Rounds, Malignant Force, Thermite rounds and High Voltage will increase the the weapons Status Chance.

2) Multishot.... this doesn't actually increase a weapons's status chance. It just gives more oppertunities for a Status to Proc.... 

3) Riven Mods.... you can roll a riven to get more status chance and multishot to help with applying Status Effects...

Theres a few things you should know about Methods # 1 & 2....

Using the 60/60 Mods to apply status Effects is actually good.... the problem is those mods also have an element attached to them... and a single Arrow can only apply 1 Status Effect at a time... adding more elements to a weapon is going to cause those elements to compete to proc a Status Effect....

Adding Multishot can help with this problem.... 

But using Split Chamber usually isn't enough.... this is where Hunter Mumu comes into play...

latest?cb=20181130034220

This mod allows you to proc Slash using critical chance instead of Status chance. Also Procs caused by this mod won't interfere with any procs caused by the weapons a Status Chance. 

In the case of The Dread you would use Hunter Mumu to help with Consistency. If the weapon either doesn't proc slash on its own or Procs Viral Instead.... then Hunter Mumu gives it an opportunity to proc Slash...

Thrown Secondaries may look cool for a ninja... But they quickly fall off in damage at just above star chart level. 

Between all the thrown projectile weapons that don't explode, fusilai is probably better and will scale slightly further due to its alt fire. 

The Dread is a good primary but since it's a bow it has to lead targets, it is also a weapon that needs consistent headshots for good damage (maxed vital sense and pointstrike needed for best results) slash is not so good for pure damage against shields or armor, it's the status effect of bleed that is more effective, it bypasses armor and shields. Viral just half's the enemies max health. 

May I suggest using the Hek in the index? If someone from you clan or friend could trade you it's augment it would be enough for your purpose.