Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how do sortie rewards work?

(PSN)silvachain1234

I’m fairly new to sorties, haven’t don’t that many. I think only like 4. Yeah I know it’s not that much lol. But that’s not my issue. 

I wish to know how the reward system works. So I got an Ayatan Sculpture, the Anasa I believe for all my runs. This is not me complaining because I actually love collecting sculptures. But I am intrigued as to if the rewards are actually random.

Ive heard and seen several stories of  other people getting loads of these sculptures. It’s almost kind of a meme/joke according to a few people I’ve talked to. 

But back to the topic at hand. Is the reward system actually random? Or is there coding behind it giving a person with the highest kills the rare reward or a person with the lowest damage taken etc... 

again, I am new to sorties so do pardon some ignorance I might have, should go away with some time lol. Just am curious now.

Edited by (PS4)silvachain1234
Spelling

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

RNG, like every other reward in the game. It's just random.

I think the proper `full term` would be Outdated RNG, because almost everything present in sortie, is now available in such excess outside of it, i do not even do sortie unless a nightwave challenge is present. They are not required for login counts, they do not provide anything significant unless you get a riven, with anything else that is kinda nice, usually end up getting at a not so useful timing.

• Endo is absurdly easy to get now.
  • Only reason to get Anasa statues now is if you want those pretty decorations.
  • Kuva is probably one of the nice non-riven goodies, but not hard to get, especially with kuva survival being a thing and hopefully, kuva disruption will give a better source, with hopefully a actual scaling bonus.
  • 3 day Boosters sound nice, but since you got 4 kinds of them after all the other rng-sus factor is in, its not exactly reliable to get what you want when you can just stock ducats in advance for the next baro booster or just scrape some plat together to buy whichever booster you want.
  • Riven mods in general follow this same logic with the pool dilluted further when its already less then .0001% alcohol with the rest just being water. Namely with Zaw & kitgun rivens can also pop up, with likely much lower odds versus the Rifle/Shotgun/Pistol/Melee ones, which the latter two could spawn zaw & kitgun rivens too last i checked.

Honestly i may sound like a stingie tenno, but they might as well just give us tokens instead for every sortie clear and we can save them up to get goodies WE specifically want, instead of relying once again, on the dice roll gag that spawned crap like lootboxes. Where i am sure people would rather spend 3 to 5 days doing sorties to get 1 item they SPECIFICALLY want, over that chance of 1 of those 5 days gives you the roll you want and you are likely getting salty because you keep getting consective endo & ayatan anasa statues instead.

Arbitation kind of does that right, but due to how frustrating arbitations can be done in regular groups, its too much of a burn out on farming, to get the goodies they bring. Even archgun rivens are not that tempting except maybe just one to make profit taker fight take much less time.

Edited by Avienas