The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity gain

FishCat-

Question

Greetings my friends,

I love lvling up stuff, you can almost say ´grind´ is my middle name, but i still did not get, how affinity rly works.

I do a lot of ESO and sometimes, the Affinity gain is so poor, i gotta do 4-5 lvl 4 Zones to fully max out my 3 equipped weapons (no companian)

And sometimes, it just takes only 2 lvl 2 zones (in the same ESO week ofc). Do i actually have to kill the mobs to gain Exp?! Thought it is shared among all other guys in my squad. So if they kill, so do i get exp from their kills. But its not the case i assume. Right know, i did 6 ESO runs, and my Weapons are still not maxed out, even tho i have an Affinity boost active. Like, wtf.

Hope you can help me. Cheers

EDIT: I play Saryn and yes, im in Affinity range, before anybody mentions it and calls me a noob.

Edited by FishCat-

11 answers to this question

Details: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

The more efficient the squad and the smaller the zone (for the affinity range) the better. Public squads can have quite different results each time for sure. Perhaps bring a friend with a good Saryn build.

13 minutes ago, FishCat- said:

EDIT: I play Saryn and yes, im in Affinity range, before anybody mentions it and calls me a noob.

Edit: Don't be the Saryn. Let someone else be the Saryn.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

If you kill enemies with your frame all affinity goes towards the frame, your weapons gain none of it.

If you kill an enemy with a weapon your frame gets 50% of the affinity and that weapon gets 50% of the affinity.

If an ally kills an enemy in while you are in affinity range your frame gets 25% affinity and the rest is equally distributed among your weapons.

Your sentinel doesnt really factor into this.

Basically what you experienced in that last run was that everyone was leeching affinity off you.

I suggest dropping groups until you find other DPS frames like Equinox, Volt, Saryn and Mesa.

EV Trin is loved in ESO for most nuke frames since Simaris restricts (forbids) gear items.  While a Saryn can technically level her weapons, it will be slower than leeching off shared affinity.

Since I am on console and unaware of your MR (and for others looking for the same answer), an EV Trin (Energy Vampire) is the opposite of a Bless Trin (Eidolon Hunter).  You'll want as low of a duration as possible with high range and power (efficiency is up to you since EV replenishes it quickly).

• Like 1

Here's an unpopular opinion, I think everyone should participate when it comes to killing enemies.

Not least, I'm quite tired of (useless-to-me because of Focus / Arcanes / etc) EV Trins being pure leeches,
and goddangit I miss the days when leaving on Rotation A was not considered a normal thing to do.

Like, I bet there's players who've ranked up stuff on Hydron and yet don't even know you can get Axi Relics there.

You're hurting yourself in two ways:

• Don't bring Saryn to level your own weapons - you will level everyone else's but your own
  • Only level 1 or 2 things at a time

If everything is dying to your spores, then only your frame is getting XP. You can bring Saryn and go nuts during the Focus timer (first 40 sec. of each wave) but after that let your teammates kill some stuff, too. That XP goes towards your gear.

You can still play Saryn and level stuff but it'll be slow and unreliable because it depends on whether you're overkilling/your teammates are slacking. It's more ideal to bring a support/buffer frame if you want to powerlevel some gear. However, if you plan to go to wave 8 each time (Saryn can do this easily and maintain 100% efficiency on her own), you might as well bring one thing you want to level.

1 hour ago, FishCat- said:

Thx to all of you. EV Trinity worked quite well! I used to play Saryn on ESO, but now i changed my mind. THX A LOT

Saryn is great when you want to farm focus or farm for Lato Vandal/Braton Vandal/Blazing Step/peculiar mods. She's the only frame that can maintain full efficiency for all 8 waves by herself as far as I know.