Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to transfer forma over to prime variant.

Dr_Wonderful

Can we have the option to consume our previous non-prime warframe in the construction of the prime variant so that the additional forma can transfer over? I never use the old warframe once the prime comes out and don't like to forma a non prime warframe if I know that a prime variant will come out eventually. Not everyone will use this option but it will help us if we are time sensitive. I think paying 5p for each forma we want transferred over is also fair.

Well, 5p*number of forma for you to not waste any effort, vs 20-35p per forma/3 forma while you still have to chip in with your effort and time. The former would be the player's dream, while the latter would be DE's ideal scenario.

I'd like this very much, but I do doubt a lot it'll happen. Or anything like it.

I would be strangely OK with this, it would make it feel a lot better when you where essentially about to abandon gear with significant investment in it.

I'd even extend it to weapon variants both as an option of course. 

That said every once in a while (cough) Zhuge Prime (cough) I'd be kicking myself if I melted my OG for the shiny new thing because the OG is just nicer. 

This idea to the-use Forma comes up a lot. Fairly sure the answer is still no.

Part of the cost of using Forma is that simple concept of ‘no take backs’. DE are not known for refunding Forma even when accidentally applied.

Also, what if those Forma includes one or more of the Umbra Forma? Those you can’t buy and have to play weeks of Nightwave to attain. There’s no way DE will let you re-use those just because the Prime variant came out.

As a further note, Primes all count, in every way that matters to the game, as separate Warframes to the base variant. Why would you be able to transfer anything between a frame and a Prime frame when, according to DE, that would be like transferring Forma between an Excal and a Wukong. Sure they’re similar, but they aren’t the same frame.

Not needed. Forma are easy to obtain and are cheap in packs of 3 in the market. Besides, some frames can have more than 3 viable builds and keeping a non-prime variant is something many people do.

I can understand new players thinking it is such a waste to throw away an old but well used item, but forma blueprints are so much easier to obtain than before relics. If not, use your plat.