Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe history - why Solar Rails conflicts failed?

Vit0Corleone

The one thing I remember about the solar rail conflicts was the battle history.  Literally every single one was the same basic thing.

Clan A successfully defended against clan B
Clan A successfully defended against clan C
Clan A successfully defended against clan D
Clan A successfully defended against clan C

Maybe once in a while someone would defeat the current holder, but then it would immediately go back to them once it was available.  When it's obvious that nobody else can ever have a reasonable shot at it, then why should anyone care?

On 2019-09-06 at 2:54 PM, sinnae said:

Dear god that's so dirty LMAO...ty for the history lesson 😄 

There is a story about how 1 person broke one of the Alliances; basically, he saw the situation, got disgusted with it and put ALL credits of the alliance in the Bank and gave 1M Credits reward.

Sadly, the person left the Clan, Allaince, and game in disgust. I dont think he ever returned.

Edited by Kaotyke

On 2019-09-06 at 9:11 AM, Vit0Corleone said:

So, I was reading through multiple threads about Conclave and PvP, and thinking that it would be fun if we had some sort of competitive PvE instead of traditional PvP.

After some digging up, what I was thinking about seems to be fundamentally similar to what Solar Rails appears to have been when that was a thing.

The overall concept, assuming I got that right ( I wasn't around at the time), seems pretty interesting, adding a level of competitive game play that doesn't currently exist.

I'm very curious .. why wasn't Solar Rails successful? Design flaws? Buggy like raids?

Appreciate any feedback 🙂

P.S. I just learned that Solar Rails actually had traditional PvP fighting in them, which is not at all what I was thinking. I thought you would configure defenses and spectre armies etc.

There was this old clan who usually was leading scores in stuff like events and was active enough, sadly during those days people at DE were full of themselves and didn't like the criticism, this clan went from their pet clan to the most hated one despite still holding a lead in a lot of things, but then one or two new pet clans were holding a few important solar rails, I think their tax was hit or miss sometimes but their hold onto the rails seemed always to be rather suspicious as if they had infinite credits to reward their supporters, then I think one day a rogue member of that clan decided to empty the clan's vault by rewarding huge amounts of credits per run raising more eyebrows when was apparent said clan had limitless credits.

Still, I wasn't around when they removed the Solar Rail conflict but I remember that part and a few times when the outcast clan kept scoring high at events so many times that DE had to reset the leaderboards, let's just say those guys were incredibly dedicated beta testers but the way they showed DE's oversights on a lot of things made them look quite bad and thus became the "bad guys who keep exploiting" and stuff.