Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Potential Out/Fix DE has for Conclave

Xehalin

So with the Duviri Paradox coming up, and it introducing the idea of adult operators using our normal weaponry, why can't we use that to fix the breakneck pace of conclave? Instead of conclave matches being solely revolving around using your warframe, you could introduce operator style death matches so as to slow the combat down. You can still maintain parkour systems there, but slow them down to a more reasonable degree. We can still use the weapons we're familiar with, but Warframe powercreep is taken out of the equation.

You can even add in a system similar to titanfall where you can temporarily call in your warframe to assist you, and lock which powers it can use, if at all. Introducing this as a separate mode means not taking out the mode that current conclave players like, and even gives them an additional mode to take part in. It gives a pvp system that more casual minded folks could get into as well.

What do you think? I know a lot of people play Warframe for pve only and hate conclave/pvp, but I think this could be a decent idea to help revitalize the whole thing.

Edited by Xehalin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xehalin said:

What do you think?

It could be a decent idea. But your suggestion ignores so much I am not sure if you have used an operator before. If our operators are going to lose all of their powers then maybe this could work. But really, the operator is more mobile than frames, has high self healing and invulnerability. How do you account for this? Or are we just going to assume it is all getting removed?

• Additionally, this will make very little difference if we are still using the same weapons. You are blaming the Warframes for all the problems and completely ignoring the weapon aspect.

Instead of the operator thing why not just copy adapt the Gambit mode from Destiny 2. It is PvEvP, requires some strategy and would be accessible even for new players without going through the operator grind.

It could be implemted as a twist on either the extractrion or disruption game mode. Limit the invaders to one ability use per invasion and give them very limited ammo. 

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

It could be a decent idea. But your suggestion ignores so much I am not sure if you have used an operator before. If our operators are going to lose all of their powers then maybe this could work. But really, the operator is more mobile than frames, has high self healing and invulnerability. How do you account for this? Or are we just going to assume it is all getting removed?

• Additionally, this will make very little difference if we are still using the same weapons. You are blaming the Warframes for all the problems and completely ignoring the weapon aspect.

We don't know how the Adultperators are gonna work. So far in the trailer, they're shown to be completely lacking void-based powers. Of course if they're supposed to have them eventually, then I think it would be a good idea to lock out focus tree bonuses and limit any void powers to maybe blast and a dash here or there. I personally don't blame Warframes for the issue with the game mode, but more so the movement system associated with them. That's what I see most people complain about. The few opinions I've seen regarding weapons seems to reflect that weapons themselves are balanced.

Also, I'm very intricately familiar with most of the current operator kit. I have 6 waybounds unlocked and use my operator pretty extensively.

1 hour ago, k05h said:

Instead of the operator thing why not just copy adapt the Gambit mode from Destiny 2. It is PvEvP, requires some strategy and would be accessible even for new players without going through the operator grind.

It could be implemted as a twist on either the extractrion or disruption game mode. Limit the invaders to one ability use per invasion and give them very limited ammo. 

I've never played D2, but I could really get behind that idea. I liked horde based pvevp modes in other mmos, so why not? They could do both.

13 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Conclave is a gimmick.

It's only purpose is to be made fun of. It has no practical use to it, and neither does it have any reason to be further developed.

Neither does Warframe. It's a game, dude. People play it to play the content/whatever the game offers. Pvp is the same way. People pvp because they want to pvp. Saying something exists purely to be made fun of is an awful take, guy. Well, at least in regards to something like a game mode.

Edited by Xehalin