Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Air support charges need a rework

---.CCC.---TradeFrame

Why do air support charges have a 10 min cooldown?

When energy pods or spectres don't have a cooldown, then why do air support charges?
I understand that DE doesn't want us to spam them, but a 10min cooldown essentially makes it a 1 use item in most missions.

The horribly low dmg and hp is another issue.
Why can't it scale up to enemy levels / or if not that, the average damage of all weapons of the team?

Can we not have a 1 min cooldown, so that it's actually usable?
Also, we should be able to reactivate / re-enable our disabled turret.

• Like 2

I'm just hoping empyrean or a continuation of it will eventually overhaul all landers. Give Landers a power supply amount like the railjack mod system. Turn air support charges into activatable powers you can upgrade and let the different ships finally just be a skin. They should have learned their lesson on items primarily cosmetics tied to specific abilities.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

They are indeed an old mechanic from an old and different time.

Can I be honest? That implies they were all useful at some point. Med-tower was always redundant and inferior to health pads, air strike never did damage and the same goes with the turret. The only air support we've ever had that matters is hack, and essentially only on rescue and spy missions. 

• Like 3

probably because of that the instant mapwide anti-lockdown can be somewhat powerful (overrides any and all types of lockdowns, Et Cetera). the rest is pretty garbo though, yes. the Turret was only good when you could have infinite of them, and the Med Tower only good when it was a physical object that you could make a permanent wall out of. but they haven't done that for years so not a problem anymore.

should the Cooldown be shorter? idk maybe. on anything other than 'Security Override', then definitely yes. being able to use the Turret or Air Strike like twice a Minute would make them actually slightly useful. being able to use the Med Tower 1-2 times a minute would be nice as a free way to group Heal, i guess? idk it's kinda outclassed in thesedays.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Firetempest said:

I'm just hoping empyrean or a continuation of it will eventually overhaul all landers. Give Landers a power supply amount like the railjack mod system. Turn air support charges into activatable powers you can upgrade and let the different ships finally just be a skin. They should have learned their lesson on items primarily cosmetics tied to specific abilities.

Agreed. It seems like the Empyrean behaves like a Landing Craft when you're inside a mission as it is. My personal hope is they'll let us fly our own Landing Craft to missions and potentially from one mission to the next without returning to the Orbiter. In general, however, I do feel that Landing Craft do need to be looked at. The means of obtaining them are asinine in the extreme and any Air Support Charges besides the Liset really don't seem worth using.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

probably because of that the instant mapwide anti-lockdown can be somewhat powerful (overrides any and all types of lockdowns, Et Cetera).

Like sorties disable cyphers, spy missions can do the same.
Lisets could still be used in other missions.

Or add a different cooldown in spy missions, compared to other missions.

Also, you can say most missions are broken thanks to people spamming energy and health pads, that have no cooldown + no limit on how many you can use in one go.
https://i.imgur.com/wEzJxL4.jpg

6 hours ago, IronHair said:

Also, you can say most missions are broken thanks to people spamming energy and health pads, that have no cooldown + no limit on how many you can use in one go.

200 Pizzas of each type per Mission, but these are a relatively weak bandaid thesedays anyways. normally the bypassing measure is Energize and such, ofcourse.

I am generally not in favor of the idea that something isn't that good so it shouldn't have X draw back. Personally instead of having that draw back removed I'd prefer to have the effect scaled up to the point that it matches that draw back. Basically I'm saying that they should scale up the effectiveness of support charges to match that 10 min cooldown. 

Also didn't even know that there are different kinds of air support charges. I just have one that does less damage than an unmodded Braton randomly in an area that is pathetically small so I just never used them... other than the night wave objective that told me to use one. 

2 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

Personally instead of having that draw back removed I'd prefer to have the effect scaled up to the point that it matches that draw back.

Honestly they would need to redesign air support charges as a whole since sentry turrets & carpet bombing are nothing in today`s warframe land scape unless they make the former into a mobile turret that fires electrical rods that chain lightning stun enemies within X meters of eachother up to say 5 of them or launch web nets to immobilize enemies. With the latter needs to turn into less of a bombing run and more of a 30 second period where Ordis just drops some kind of emp grenades on units like noxes/bombards within a 30~50 meter radius from where you deployed it and just outright disables them for a good 7 to 10 seconds.

Aka, they need to either bypass damage reduction aka shields & armor to make the damage work (plus have said damage scaled up ALOT) or provide unique form of CC unlike what most warframes have, preferably in a unique manner, so we actually have a reason to use those 2.

Same could be said with med-towers where a glorified heal pancake is not going to be enough, have it provide a medical drone that latches to your back and gives say a 5% regen a second(when your health is below 95%) that lasts till it drains itself out or a duration if we had to keep it simple (basically like 30 seconds worth of heal up to 150% of your health before deactivating and falls right off of you).

2 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

Also didn't even know that there are different kinds of air support charges. I just have one that does less damage than an unmodded Braton randomly in an area that is pathetically small so I just never used them... other than the night wave objective that told me to use one. 

Honestly its easy to forget about all of them since most just really use the Liset, the other 3 orbiters tend to rely on either using a massive discount coupon, luck on all the parts thru rare caches (aka uber outdated as fk blind scavenger hunt) or buy them off of other players preferably cheaper then going the first one`s route.

Its the same thing as extractors and many other outdated content bits in many games that get neglected, they ultimately need to get gutted out or be improved and meshed into a different system. I would say a interested improved one would have ordis could restock your consumables but since we can hold 100+ pancakes a mission, it would sadly not be that very useful.

Honestly they might as well just have the med-tower replaced to create a regen field, energy regen field & ammo regen field all in one support charge and lower the CD to 3 minutes. Least then it could have great use on dealing with spongie bosses (wolf beacon re-runs) & eidolon fights, since we all know rubico spam firing combo shots can eat up ammo rather fast.~