Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Felt like dropping a thread to trigger the `meta` tridolon hunter norm with a interesting setup idea

Avienas

6 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I'd be interested in hearing if this is actually the case -- I've encountered hordes of people telling me my oberon was 'unnecessary' and that I should bring trin, or harrow, or chroma, or volt. It's raids all over again, where you can run whatever you want if you know what you're doing... if you can ever find a group who'll let you. It's kinda turned me off eidolon hunts altogether, and since I haven't hunted in a month or so, it might be different now. But I don't see how it would have changed, since raids were that way for just about the entire time they've existed, and eidolon hunts got the same treatment as soon as arcanes were introduced into their loot pool.

he is not a meta pick that is for sure but he can handle all of the roles and is likely one of the best frames to learn the fight on/ solo cap.  with the buff to smite infusion and the rest of his kit he is a better pick than harrow and trin is not needed in the fight I do pub runs and have only had a trin once and never lost a luer even when I was not vaserin dashing through them (vaserin is great for pubs as going down is not uncommon)

as for the mentioned build I have run that in part as a pub team I was oberon and there was a wisp it worked quite well and generally wisp and Oberon have a strong support synergy so there is no surprise there.  the oberon needs to be in frame more than kiddo mode cause his heal can be pricey but to is not to hard to maintain sans falling into the lake.   over all the meta is only good if you are trying to get a 5*3 I have pubed the fight in less then 10 min with time wasted on lures and shards.  

6 hours ago, (PS4)CodyXSavageX said:

Basically since oberon can do heal lures and shield from screams you can replace harrow and trinity experiment with different 4th frames until that composition becomes the new meta

I have seen 3 oberons in one mach but I think only one of us was specked for buffing.  An octavia+oboern+wisp+volt should be enough to do a 5*3 if the issue is damage however I am unsure on that matter.  chroma is used because he is a damage mod with a value of 500% or more Oberon stacks after the damage calculation for aproxamently 100% more damage as radiation but my build is closer to 125% (he might be a better elemental mod but I doubt that) that and with some suspected stealth nerfs to limbs (they are falling to one mag of the rubico prime when Oberon buffed) so more damage likey won't be needed.  

8 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It's better than Oberone's because for his to work the rest of the group has to notice where you put it down and specifically stand there

it is marked and covers a large area + it is a bright color (often lasting 2 phases) 

as far as the damage buff goes it is better for the limbs (tested with a lanka) and the eidolan (on the lanka and likely other similar snipers) than harrows is and can be called at a moments notice

I think is more efficient heal the lures with vazaring (invulnerability for 6 secs and 60% total heal per dash) but welp, maybe isn't as efficent as going full unairu/madurai for operators, but I like to do solo hunts (not looking to do more than 1 tridolon, because I really don't need more) with volt, vectis p with riven, euphona p with riven, sarpa and vazarin operator. I just pop up a pizza if im gonna shoot the final eidolon part because its the most annoying for me at least, using shields to hit the eidolon sometimes works, sometimes is a waste of energy (for me at least, i'm not a proplayer nor expert eidolon hunter)

so has the Lanka been overthrown? not a math guy but considering the recent buff I would love to see the numbers between the usual Lanka Meta (Forma'd Lanka with good or better Riven) vs the newly buffed Daikyu (Forma'd with a Riven if possible). I would have thought the IPS of Daikyu would affect it too much compared to a pure Radiation Lanka, but i could be wrong. of course Warframe and Operator buffs would have to be taken into account as well.

I do like the idea, not just because I'd have an alternative to Lanka, but because using a Bow to kill something that big is kinda cool. who needs laserguns when you're Robin Hood, right? :crylaugh:

1- Mov speedy can be pretty annoying when too high.
2- No reason for dmg buffs now, since eidolons are too weak right now, you don't even need Corrosive on squad anymore and combo counter on snipers to oneshot a limb.
3- Daikyu has more dmg than sniper rifles only if you ignore combo counter. If you saw Daikyu doing work on eidolons after the bow changes on some youtube video, it is not because the bow become strong, it is just that eidolons are nerfed as #*!% right now. 
4- Projectile weapons are bugged at eidolons (the dream is over)

Rubico has 187 base damage and 3.0x Critical damage, putting Rubico critical damage the same as Daikyu 2.0x just to compare both damage, Rubico would need to have 280.5 base damage to still do the same damage as it does with 3.0x critical damage. With a combo counter at 3.0x (which is pretty easy), this rubico has 841.5 damage (981.75 damage with passive of zoom), which is higher than Daikyu 700 dmg right now, and rubico lose in damage per shot if we are talking about same combo counter to Vulkar Wraith, Lanka and Vectis Prime pretty easy. Rubico is a better sniper for a number of reasons. 

Edited by MPonder

Relating to the original post -

I had the same idea. That being said I'm not an experienced eido hunter. I just go through the first one usually because I find myself either alone or with newbies and I'm not fast enough to get the 2nd one down before a lot of vomvalists swarm me and make it a very slow fight. When I happen to get all 3 it's usually with a group that's so fast I don't have time to learn the ins and outs of the fight and I just try to shoot vomvalists and shields if I'm fast enough to do so.

That being said I'm going with oberon and even with 150~ strength smite infusion makes a big difference on limbs (I'm still working on his build though)... So, this sounds like a neat idea. I'd love to try it.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so has the Lanka been overthrown? not a math guy but considering the recent buff I would love to see the numbers between the usual Lanka Meta (Forma'd Lanka with good or better Riven) vs the newly buffed Daikyu (Forma'd with a Riven if possible). I would have thought the IPS of Daikyu would affect it too much compared to a pure Radiation Lanka, but i could be wrong. of course Warframe and Operator buffs would have to be taken into account as well.

I do like the idea, not just because I'd have an alternative to Lanka, but because using a Bow to kill something that big is kinda cool. who needs laserguns when you're Robin Hood, right? :crylaugh:

Lanka still cant do water limbs, so don't use it.

To do water limbs you have to use a hitscan weapon (rubico).