Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan/alliance improvements & suggestions.

---RV---Maniac

This will be a post regarding clan/alliance improvements or issues. It will be mostly about clans.
I have spent a few years as a clan leader and gathered ideias around from clanmates from my own clans and other clan warlords.
As it stands, with railjack coming and looking like it's trying to incentivize clan activity as a community, I feel that some clan UI optimizations, logs and better management tools would be welcome and even needed/crucial to running things more smoothly, efficiently and even improve the social aspect of clans.
Here are some ideas/feedback.

Clan management
- More clan ranks - Ability to add extra clan ranks on top of the regular ones.
- Ability to add descriptions to clan ranks - Description would appear in the clan roster saying what that rank is supose to do or it's meaning.
- Create a role that only allows people to promote others up to the rank below them. Or have only warlords/ founding warlords be able to promote to their own rank - prevents from having people promoted to ranks you didn't want them to have.
- Kick system similar to that in friends list - with restrictions. Ex: don't allow to mass kick people below 7 days offline.
- Allowing to set a number of offline days limit per rank in the clan - Automatizing the clan kicks - ex: x rank gets kicked after 10 days offline. With the extra ranks suggestion above, we could also add a special case rank for people in vacation, abroad, etc... So these 2 suggestions would combine together.
- Offline inbox messaging. Allowing Warlords to Mass message Clans/Alliance members - would have to be stricted to like once a week or so. Allows for better clan management and improves the clan social aspect.
- Having a ban list in the clan. Would allow to permanently ban certain players from a clan, like the ignore list does for matchmaking. Specially in big clans would avoid having to deal with rude members that may change their names and comeback.
- Send an email to the founding warlord for whenever someone tries to take over the clan from after a prolonged absence. They would have 1 week to accept or deny the taking over request.
If you don't know what Im talking about, it's the following: If a founding warlord goes away for over a single month, someone in the clan can ask DE to take over the clan and that's it. The founder will lose the clan to the 1 that requests it. Usually has to be someone with the closest rank to founding warlord. We all take breaks from warframe, it's necessary to avoid burnout, losing your clan over a break with no warning doesn't seem fair.

Alliance management
- Allow alliance leadership to see clan rosters or how active they are. Or some sort of indicators to see how active they or if they are even alive.
- Being able to see who are the warlords of each clan if you are a Warlord of a leading clan in the alliance. It would help to know who can talk to regarding a certain clan.
- More ranks besides for alliance management besides moderator/tactician/recruiter.

Motd (message of the day in clan chat)
- Motd inconsistent times - Needs more consistency and more visibility (changing color and letters would be nice).
- allow motd to be triggered by an officer+ - allowing higher hierachy to post/activate the motd.

Dojo
- Preview mode for dojo decorations - Seeing how the room looks like finished (like polychrome allows to do it for colors). It would improve decoration in the dojos.
- Dojo layout planner ingame - allowing to map ahead of time what you want to do with your dojo. Allows you to see what you can and specially what you can't do with certain rooms/layouts.
- Being able to change dojo layout without having to destroy all of the dojo - Even at the cost of extra resources to move rooms around would much better than current. Something to allows us to switch rooms around would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of clan leaders would like to improve their layout but are restricted due to the amount of time it would take to rebuild and the resources it would take ( a lot of dojos get built in lowers tier while clans eventually upgrade to higher tiers).
- Being able to turn rooms into the old orokon tileset- You can make it so the classic orokin rooms cost a lot more resources. Like a conversion tax.
- Restrict decorating a certain room to a single or few members. Prevents other clan mates from messing the room or clan sabotage. Helpfull specially in large clans.
- Being able to lock rooms from being decorated further. Warlords only - it again prevents from others messing with the room and clan sabotage aswell.
- Platinum in the dojo scales with clan tier which makes no sense - For rooms I can understand but a single object costing from 750p to 1500 makes no sense. You really expect people to pay for that? Specially considering that the dojo contest also didn't scale the plat rewards. Those 5k plat rewards for the winning moon tier means we can rush a few decors at best.
- Floofs and noggles cost 20 capacity in a room, however everything else costs 5 (Including caged animals, drones fully animated, big displays, animated objects/planters or big statues/busts). Only the orokin sculptures seem to make sense in costing 20 due to their size and animations.
- Can't donate articulas to the dojo. (floofs aswell, although I understand they carry extra issues with them so understandable).
- Allow officers+ to kick people from the dojo - some people like to be rude in the dojo or spam trade invites or squad invites or whatever. This would allow to deal with that. I have seen options to kick and ban while in dojo but I have noticed nothing happens to the person if you choose to kick/ban them.

Log system (tracking)
- Logs for clan donations - in clan management, a log that you can scroll to see latest donations. Last 100 donations maybe?
- Logs for who recruits who - in clan management being able to have a log list latest players to enter the clan along with who recruited them. In large clans specially helps to see who is recruiting. It's something valued as it shows helpfull members helping the clan grow. I think this would be a great addition for clans.
- Logs of chat kicks/bans - in clan management seeing who gets kicked and banned along with by who did it.
- Log if people change names - helps keeping track of clan members, although this one, I don't think to be of great importance. However rude members could act out and change names to throw off leadership and avoid punishment or tracking of bad behaviour.
- When viewing a member contributions, maybe have the name of the person that recruited them in - something permanent would again help to see who recruited helpfull members but also has a bit of nostalgia factor seeing who recruit you to the clan.
- Allowing to see member donations to allied clans, seperate from own clan donations - it would appear in clan roster, when you click on a players name. Below the donations made to the clan, it would appear donations made to allies - followed by to which clan donated for - and then the amounts and what type of resources donated. Helps improve alliance social aspect and give some meaning to alliances.
- In the "view contributions" section at the clan roster. show the date when did that member joined the clan. Knowing who has been there the longest, helps to show who is loyal to your clan.

This turned out to be quite longer than expected but there are definately more things that could be added.
Some of the stuff I mention are minor however quite a lot of the other points would be of great use or improvements on clans as whole, specially in the Log system & Clan management section. Things that would help with managing clan members in large clans or offer ways to keep clans active and social as a community.
I do understand that perhaps somethings can't be done due to ingame restraints but we have seen the addition of resource logs and a clan log that we can now scroll down from, so I feel like quite a few of the points made here can be added to the game.

If you got suggestions, I wouldn't mind adding them to the list or discussing them. Thanks for reading.

Edited by ---RV---Maniac
Added more points
  • Like 4

7 часов назад, ---RV---Maniac сказал:

Alliance management
- Allow alliance leadership to see clan rosters or how active they are. Or some sort of indicators to see how active they or if they are even alive.
- Being able to see who are the warlords of each clan if you are a Warlord of a leading clan in the alliance. It would help to know who can talk to regarding a certain clan.

I would kill for this kind of improvements

I would also like to have the ability to enter allied clan's dojo without someone from it inviting

- Offline inbox messaging. Allowing Warlords to Mass message Clans/Alliance members - would have to be stricted to like once a week or so. Allows for better clan management and improves the clan social aspect.
- Having a ban list in the clan. Would allow to permanently ban certain players from a clan, like the ignore list does for matchmaking. Specially in big clans would avoid having to deal with rude members that may change their names and comeback.

Yes and yes. 

- Dojo layout planner ingame - allowing to map ahead of time what you want to do with your dojo. Allows you to see what you can and specially what you can't do with certain rooms/layouts.
- Being able to change dojo layout without having to destroy all of the dojo - Even at the cost of extra resources to move rooms around would much better than current. Something to allows us to switch rooms around would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot of clan leaders would like to improve their layout but are restricted due to the amount of time it would take to rebuild and the resources it would take ( a lot of dojos get built in lowers tier while clans eventually upgrade to higher tiers).

Yet again I would kill for that, especially if all decorations will be moved as well.

- Restrict decorating a certain room to a single or few members. Prevents other clan mates from messing the room or clan sabotage. Helpfull specially in large clans.
- Being able to lock rooms from being decorated further. Warlords only - it again prevents from others messing with the room and clan sabotage aswell.

This and I would suggest adding a restriction for certain rooms to be accessed without permission. This is my damn meditation swamp! Also I'd like to not allow random people to unfinished parts of the dojo. This includes teleporting to said rooms.

Some of these suggestions are really neat, but I feel some others are easily achieved by a reliable and active management team in a given clan/alliance. However, none of the suggestions are bad and are mostly just options or QoL. It would be nice if Empyrean brought changes to clans besides the hangar.

15 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

This and I would suggest adding a restriction for certain rooms to be accessed without permission. This is my damn meditation swamp! Also I'd like to not allow random people to unfinished parts of the dojo. This includes teleporting to said rooms.

I will add it, however it may lead to people trying to restrict acess to clan labs, trading and such. Also feels a bit weird to close off a room to just 1 guy.

2 часа назад, ---RV---Maniac сказал:

Also feels a bit weird to close off a room to just 1 guy.

Not just one. Well, in my particular case there is one who always builds like 50 rock statues in my room when I'm not looking 😄

I mostly mean stuff like "this room is not looking pretty enough for general public and is still wip, lets not let people in while I'm messing around with stuff". I can see the concerns about trade/lab restrictions though. Probably not so bright idea <_<

A fellow warlord gave me this suggestion, which I agree with. I have now added it to the op.
- Send an email to the founding warlord for whenever someone tries to take over the clan from after a prolonged absence. They would have 1 week to accept or deny the taking over request.
If you don't know what Im talking about, it's the following: If a founding warlord goes away for over a single month, someone in the clan can ask DE to take over the clan and that's it. The founder will lose the clan to the 1 that requests it. Usually has to be someone with the closest rank to founding warlord. We all take breaks from warframe, it's necessary to avoid burnout, losing your clan over a break with no warning doesn't seem fair.

8 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Not just one. Well, in my particular case there is one who always builds like 50 rock statues in my room when I'm not looking 😄

I mostly mean stuff like "this room is not looking pretty enough for general public and is still wip, lets not let people in while I'm messing around with stuff". I can see the concerns about trade/lab restrictions though. Probably not so bright idea <_<

I believe these 2 suggestions would fix those issues.

On 2019-09-12 at 1:57 AM, ---RV---Maniac said:

It won't stop people from coming in the rooms but atleast they can't touch them.
I would suggest a few things though for your situation.
- you can block off rooms with decor and move them yourself as decorator to get in
- restrict the decorator perm in clan management to those you can trust.

Although, I think my 2 suggestions in the op would fix/handle the issue better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...