Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liset prime skin uncolorable grey area

(PSN)caoshen0625

Because there's 4 tint channels only and there's no point to alter the Tintmask file for the ship after 3 years of release, completely altering the look of the item, due it. There's no need to state anything about it on the description neither.

That a skin or item is paid or not has nothing to do with it having more or less of an untintable area.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say (since I'm noticing my post seems much more aggressive than it actually tries to be :p) is that with the current 4 tint system that the game uses there wouldn't be a satisfactory update to this.

Unless DE invests time into somehow creating a texture format for tint masks that stores up to 6 different colorable areas (taking into account the vast number of needs of the game), it's impossible to make certain changes to the tint mask without losing detail and contrast and them being satisfactory.

Edited by NightmareT12

I posted a topic long ago complaining about some of the coloring options on the skin and used the following image:

Spoiler

4Q8YeZ4.jpg

My own Issue with this Skin is the part in RED which is by default Black, shouldnt be colorable becase if you put any color that isnt very dark or black it becomes very saturated and is nauseating to look at during landing/extraction scenes. Instead the Gray parts on the Skin should have been the Secondary color channel and the RED part be left black/uncolorable by default.

• Like 1

I've temporarily lost my faith in DE fixing up older textures. Amphis got grandfathered into a brand new thematic bundle, the rest has great textures... and Amphis still has it's large uncolorable area. 

They then converted all the old sentinel accessories to PBR... and left all the large uncolorable areas.

Edited by rapt0rman