Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavator NEEDs shield and/or HP buff

5p33dy_01

500 shield 2500 HP on any level... how are most frames expected to defend that against level 120+ grineer/corpus/corrupted or anything that shoots, for 100+ seconds??

Excavation is too dependent on very specific frames (frost or limbo) in order to actually stay for a long time and not even 10/20 minutes if you play arbitrations.

Excavators MUST scale their shield and hp pool, or at the very least have it increased by 5/10x what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

This supposes DE wants you to stay a long time. How would this not still need a Frost/Limbo/Gara to protect them?

if they dont want you to stay a long time, then why make it endless?

they get destroyed in 10sec or less.... more shields and hp give you more time to defend..

i couldnt care less if this change is implemented, my request is for newer players and only QOL for veterans

Edited by 5p33dy_01

1 minute ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

they get destroyed in 10sec or less.... more shields and hp give you more time to defend..

i couldnt care less if this change was implemented, my request is for newer players and only QOL for veterans

At some point they will be one shot without a Frost/Limbo/whatever, no matter what the stats are.

They aren't giving you more for staying longer, it's just for kicks. There's no functional reason you need to go for huge amounts of time, so there's no need to make the excavators have more health.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

At some point they will be one shot without a Frost/Limbo/whatever, no matter what the stats are.

They aren't giving you more for staying longer, it's just for kicks. There's no functional reason you need to go for huge amounts of time, so there's no need to make the excavators have more health.

lol.. by your logic, at some point you will get 1 shot, so why bother playing the game?

arbitrations at START the excavators can be killed in 10sec or less... so 5min is a huge amount of time to you?

On 2019-09-16 at 7:58 PM, 5p33dy_01 said:

Somewhere in the beginning, DE made a design decision, that some mission types should not have a definitve end. The end of a session would be defined by scaling as well as players capabilities. In other words, you are not supposed to stay till the end in an "endless" missions. This is a simple fact many players seem to not understand and ask for unreasonable buffs.

On 2019-09-16 at 8:08 PM, 5p33dy_01 said:

at some point you will get 1 shot, so why bother playing the game?

One shots are the signal that your reached your limits and should leave, see above.
On the other hand, you ask to remove a fail condition. Without a fail condition, a game is just test of patiance, or pointless. So why bother bother playing?

• Like 1

It would be nice, but I'm sure if DE did scale excavator HP/Shield, there would be a failure condition.

Right now, Excavation is the only mission where there's no failing condition, except running out of revives. It doesn't matter how many excavators get destroyed.

I rather have a no-failing condition.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

I think the issue is 2 folds:

1) Solo, higher level almost impossible to do. Even playing a frame with a dome like skill, if you are solo, you are not likely to be able to hold the excavator. 

2) Forces you to use specific warframes. If you do not, any random damage will kill the excavator. Yes, certain missions are better with certain frames. But here, at least 1 player needs to use one of the frames with a dome like effect.

And they funny part, for Orb of Vallis bounties and ghouls in the plains of Eidolon, when there is an excavator it takes far more HP. I dunno why DE is hell bent on never fixing older bad mission design.  

9 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Somewhere in the beginning, DE made a design decision, that some mission types should not have a definitve end. The end of a session would be defined by scaling as well as players capabilities. In other words, you are not supposed to stay till the end in an "endless" missions. This is a simple fact many players seem to not understand and ask for unreasonable buffs.

One shots are the signal that your reached your limits and should leave, see above.
On the other hand, you ask to remove a fail condition. Without a fail condition, a game is just test of patiance, or pointless. So why bother bother playing?

the focus for this change is more towards arbitrations, but still does not eliminate the fact that the mode needs adjusting too
1 shots happen in arbitrations a lot and the difficulty of defending an excavator in arbitrations start level, is absurd.
i always need to use a defense frame like frost/gara/limbo, because i dont know what my team will be using, when i would prefer a different frame for revives.
also arbitrations does have a fail condition, at least 1 player must extract, if all others are dead.

my request is not unreasonable, 500 shield and 2500 hp is what is unreasonable vs level 60 to 80 starting.
i only gave suggestions, it doesnt have to scale, it can be a set amount, but a much higher amount, due to the level.
the reason i suggested scaling, was more for it to stay low for lower levels and the longer you stay the higher it goes, i didnt specify an amount to scale by, just dont be unreasonable with that either (like 50/50 per level)

1 hour ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

i always need to use a defense frame like frost/gara/limbo, because i dont know what my team will be using, when i would prefer a different frame for revives.

As much as I hate this answer, but you either go pub preapared for the worst, YOLO or premade squad.

also arbitrations does have a fail condition, at least 1 player must extract, if all others are dead.

Staying alive is more like a general aim. I mean certain conditions that enforce fail state beyound breathing. For extra spice in a mission.

my request is not unreasonable, 500 shield and 2500 hp is what is unreasonable vs level 60 to 80 starting.

Hypothetically, Excavators get a stat boost with level: if boost is marginal a defensive Frame would still be a necessity; if boost is to high you removed a fail condition and made a game mode pointless, as there is no reason to protect something, that requires no protection. Just take a look at Defense or MD on lower levels - they are basically unfailable and turn into a boring waiting game.

18 hours ago, ShortCat said:

As much as I hate this answer, but you either go pub preapared for the worst, YOLO or premade squad.

i do, i expect everyone to be MR 5 with 0 dmg and dieing all the time as volt, which is why i am obligated to take a frame like frost/gara/limbo

Staying alive is more like a general aim. I mean certain conditions that enforce fail state beyound breathing. For extra spice in a mission.

not much you can do if you are almost forced to pick up tokens you dont want, because 2 peopled died by running off alone.

Hypothetically, Excavators get a stat boost with level: if boost is marginal a defensive Frame would still be a necessity; if boost is to high you removed a fail condition and made a game mode pointless, as there is no reason to protect something, that requires no protection. Just take a look at Defense or MD on lower levels - they are basically unfailable and turn into a boring waiting game.

again... i clearly stated twice that is does not need to scale, just increased to a more reasonable amount.
did you miss this part?
" i only gave suggestions, it doesnt have to scale, it can be a set amount, but a much higher amount, due to the level.
the reason i suggested scaling, was more for it to stay low for lower levels and the longer you stay the higher it goes, i didnt specify an amount to scale by, just dont be unreasonable with that either (like 50/50 per level) "