The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Update (batch/bulk build)

5p33dy_01

there is so many 1 minute (gear/mining items) 12 hour (detonite injector, fieldron and mutagen mass) and 24 hour (forma) blueprints that are repetitive builds

the foundry needs to be able to build multiple items one after another, without user interaction
you should be able to set how many you want to build and then it just builds them 1 by 1, im not asking for a reduction in the build time, just for them to be built without having to log in all the time.

by not having a feature to continuously build foundry items, some days i am too busy to check to see if items have completed so i can set them to build again, then other days i am too tired when im finished work to log in and set stuff to build...
1 minute items are not that bad to deal with, but they still pose an inconvenience, either i have to sit there for how ever long i want/need to or i just set 1 to build and leave to go play a mission, which i lose out on items that could have been built.

i also can not be expected to set a reminder to stop working or wake up and log into a game to set stuff to build.

by not having this feature it is a huge loss on build time and ultimately its less items being built.

• Like 2

It Would make sense to have some QoL changes to the foundry, and i believe it has nothing to do with the F2P element of the game. As it was mentioned before, the game is P2S, rather than Win (like, what you would 'win'?).

To me, it's a no brainer that the Foundry is way too dumb. It should have way more feature and function, since the multiple crafting method is already confirmed, i don't see why it can't produce the same item, in parallell. But even if that's a no-no, then at least implement a way to maintain, let's say at least 200 energy pizzas.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Syasob said:

Guess you missed the third point: there's no need to rush in Warframe, having 1000 energy pizzas or 1010 doesn't make any difference, same for Formas etc.

i didnt.

if your attitude is that time means nothing " there's nothing bad in 'loss of build time' " if you can pay for stuff, what does that turn the game into???
it doesnt need to be RTS, it has a Foundry to build stuff.

pizzas, injectors, fieldron, mutagen mass and formas are used A LOT, not to mention clan donations too, so missing out on building them is not just about me not needing them after i have built all of what i need, my clan needs them for various things there.

16 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

It Would make sense to have some QoL changes to the foundry, and i believe it has nothing to do with the F2P element of the game. As it was mentioned before, the game is P2S, rather than Win (like, what you would 'win'?).

To me, it's a no brainer that the Foundry is way too dumb. It should have way more feature and function, since the multiple crafting method is already confirmed, i don't see why it can't produce the same item, in parallell. But even if that's a no-no, then at least implement a way to maintain, let's say at least 200 energy pizzas.

exactly

i get that they wouldnt want building say 50 forma in 24 hours, 50 forma can take 50 days, which is why i said they can keep the time, just make it so that i can always have stuff building without checking on it all the time, or that 50 days can become 70 days or more if i happen to miss days that i could have been building them.

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

just make it so that i can always have stuff building without checking on it all the time,

Sorry to break your dreams but this is exactly what DE doesn't want. It's the same argument as why there will never be an Auction House like market. It needs no interaction to work. They want you to actively do things.

If you really don't like it, I guess you'll have to leave.

There are threads like this since the beginning and the probability to change is below 1%

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Sorry to break your dreams but this is exactly what DE doesn't want. It's the same argument as why there will never be an Auction House like market. It needs no interaction to work. They want you to actively do things.

If you really don't like it, I guess you'll have to leave.

There are threads like this since the beginning and the probability to change is below 1%

Auction house/market... thats plat generation, im talking about the foundry, its not even close to the same thing in any way.
im not selling anything in the foundry, or asking for a way to do it without interaction.

i am actively doing things
i still need to go farm forma bp's, i still need to go farm resources to build stuff in the foundry.

please read what i have said and keep to what i am talking about, rather than trying to incur things that have no relation what so ever in what i am talking about.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb 5p33dy_01:

and this attitude is where F2P becomes P2W

Yeah, pay to win. In a co-op-pve shooter, where 90% doesn't come from the weapon itself, but from the mods...

I definitly see the point and you are missing it so hard, you should become a Stormtrooper.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Yeah, pay to win. In a co-op-pve shooter, where 90% doesn't come from the weapon itself, but from the mods...

I definitly see the point and you are missing it so hard, you should become a Stormtrooper.

its Storm trooper, with a space..

do you know what forma does?
in-case you don't, it allows you to have said "mods" equipped on said "weapons" and frames.

please dont feel obligated to respond with pointless off topic comments.
you have taken something out of context and responded to it only, and leading further off topic to the point of making remarks veering towards insults.
if you have nothing to say in regards to the topic, then feel free to move along.

in-case you don't, it allows you to have said "mods" equipped on said "weapons" and frames.

And you can store those to later use them in heeps.

There is no cooldown for using Forma.

So you are missing the point of Forma.

On 2019-09-17 at 9:19 AM, Walkampf said:

And you can store those to later use them in heeps.

There is no cooldown for using Forma.

So you are missing the point of Forma.

honestly im not.

its not just about using them for weapon and frame polarities, they are also used for building weapons and for the clan, the same with the 12 hour blueprints.
they are all extremely used items.

being able to set them to build consecutively would be a really good QOL feature for various reasons, im not just trying to stockpile resources for nothing, and logging in regularly is not something i would like to need to do, if i only need to for 5min or less.

yes there is an App, but even if i do use the App, i am still required to almost plan my day around the game.
say i log in just before i got to sleep, and it shows 1 to 2 hours to complete, am i expected to stay up for that time? 6 hours sleeping that could be taken off the build time.

the point im getting at is, it is very inconvenient for people to be expected to work around a feature that could be implemented without any damage to the player experience, it only improves it.
you are still required to farm all of the ingredients for the items you want to build, that is still play time, and still being forced to log in creates a bad vibe.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb 5p33dy_01:

i am still required to almost plan my day around the game.

Or you could learn to not die on the inside, when you don't get 100% efficiency in a videogame.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb 5p33dy_01:

the point im getting at is, it is very inconvenient for people to be expected to work around a feature that could be implemented without any damage to the player experience, it only improves it.

And my point is, just don't let a videogame control your life.

So what, if you don't get 7 Forma a week and only get 6 build?

The current system is not even close to being "very inconvenient for people", it's mildly inconvenient, at the absolutly most.

16 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Or you could learn to not die on the inside, when you don't get 100% efficiency in a videogame.

And my point is, just don't let a videogame control your life.

So what, if you don't get 7 Forma a week and only get 6 build?

The current system is not even close to being "very inconvenient for people", it's mildly inconvenient, at the absolutly most.

i dont need 100%, im asking to be met half way.
" you are still required to farm all of the ingredients for the items you want to build, that is still play time "

i actually only get around 3/4 a week (and when nightwave decides it wants them.. thats my weeks production), due to this inconvenience. because i dont let it control my life.
which is why this falls under QOL feature

Edited by 5p33dy_01

which is why this falls under QOL feature

This directly contradics what you said earlier:

Am 17.9.2019 um 09:13 schrieb 5p33dy_01:

QOL are features that don't directly translate to power.

Another point where you contradict yourself:

i actually only get around 3/4 a week (and when nightwave decides it wants them.. thats my weeks production), due to this inconvenience. because i dont let it control my life.

And yet, the issue in the game controls your life enough to let yourself get bothered by a troll. Sorry to break it to you, but you have no control at all.

18 hours ago, Walkampf said:

This directly contradics what you said earlier:

Another point where you contradict yourself:

And yet, the issue in the game controls your life enough to let yourself get bothered by a troll. Sorry to break it to you, but you have no control at all.

by these remarks, it would appear that you have nothing left to say in regards to the topic, but still feel obligated to respond, please don't feel that way and keep to the topic or move along.

19 hours ago, Walkampf said:

QOL are features that don't directly translate to power.

the power to build more items?... you're right, getting 7 forma instead of 3/4 a week, is going to be some kind of Godly power boost which will shift the entire balance of the game. 😄

i have explained various reasons why the feature should be added. if you still do not understand because you want your negative responses to hold value, then actually explain your negative reasons.

21 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

being able to set them to build consecutively would be a really good QOL feature for various reasons, im not just trying to stockpile resources for nothing, and logging in regularly is not something i would like to need to do, if i only need to for 5min or less.

But that's exactly what DE, what any life service wants.

To come back every day and maybe you only logged in only to start another forma, but now you're already here, so might aswell do another mission.

It's not about player enjoyment, it's about player retention and build times work wonders for that.

If you could start like 7 formas in a row, you'd have to particular reason to log in the next day, maybe you are in the mood to play something else and boom it's a month later and you have other stuff than warframe on your mind.