The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime zoom is still too high

Magneu

I'd shelved my Latron Prime when the Prisma Grinlok came out due to it offering mostly everything the Latron Prime did but more (and this is with a 157% multi 264% crit chance -40% fire rate riven) but this most recent round of riven adjustments made me bring her out again.

Even with that riven the damage pales compared to several other semi-auto/burst weapons we have available. Aside from that the weapon feels great except for that god-awful zoom.

There is zero reason for the Latron Prime to have that zoom level. It makes it very unwieldy in smaller tiles and it's still outclassed by snipers in open world. It's nauseating to scope in/out quickly like you would when going for headshots in a survival. Please, set it to a standard zoom level so that people don't have to rely on a -zoom riven to make it...normal.

• Like 1

Latron prime has pinpoint accuracy for precise long range shots. I can kill pretty much anything at most ranges so i don't get your point at all, nerfing its zoom would make it way less useful at longer range, cause headshots are mandatory on such guns.

Try using a secondary instead in narrow places.

43 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Latron prime has pinpoint accuracy for precise long range shots. I can kill pretty much anything at most ranges so i don't get your point at all, nerfing its zoom would make it way less useful at longer range, cause headshots are mandatory on such guns.

Try using a secondary instead in narrow places.

It's annoying. If the zoom levels were a toggle that added punch-through on high zoom, and recoil reduction on low zoom, then it'd be much better

il y a 13 minutes, (PS4)LoisGordils a dit :

It's annoying. If the zoom levels were a toggle that added punch-through on high zoom, and recoil reduction on low zoom, then it'd be much better

Zoom isn't annoying, it helps aiming at longer range. If you're only shooting at close range, why the hell are you using a Latron in the first place or even zooming ? Or just try shooting from the hip / negative zoom riven. It's just as productive as all of this threads about explosive weapons actually exploding, and once again from people who are running into enemies with whatever gun they're using no matters how they're designed to be used.

Why would they change a weapon cause you're not using it properly, i don't see why people using it at long range should be punished because you can't choose your gear.

Is common sense that rare these days ?

Edited by 000l000

5 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Zoom isn't annoying, it helps aiming at longer range. If you're only shooting at close range, why the hell are you using a Latron in the first place or even zooming ? Or just try shooting from the hip / negative zoom riven. It's just as productive as all of this threads about explosive weapons actually exploding, and once again from people who are running into enemies with whatever gun they're using no matters how they're designed to be used.

Why would they change a weapon cause you're not using it properly, i don't see why people using it at long range should be punished because you can't choose your gear.

Is common sense that rare these days ?

Now say that again without crying. 

My suggestion is simply QoL for people with your philosophy and the OP's. You use it for sniping? Good for you. I use Latron in mid-range and the Tigris Prime for sniping, so your point is? We all play differently. Making the Latron comfortable for both types of players is the ideal change (default zoom is high, press the alt-fire to zoom out).

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-01 at 5:47 PM, Magneu said:

I'd shelved my Latron Prime when the Prisma Grinlok came out due to it offering mostly everything the Latron Prime did but more (and this is with a 157% multi 264% crit chance -40% fire rate riven) but this most recent round of riven adjustments made me bring her out again.

Even with that riven the damage pales compared to several other semi-auto/burst weapons we have available. Aside from that the weapon feels great except for that god-awful zoom.

There is zero reason for the Latron Prime to have that zoom level. It makes it very unwieldy in smaller tiles and it's still outclassed by snipers in open world. It's nauseating to scope in/out quickly like you would when going for headshots in a survival. Please, set it to a standard zoom level so that people don't have to rely on a -zoom riven to make it...normal.

latron has a very niche use that allow to transition from mid/close to "very long" range instantly, without the drawbacks (or benefits) of snipers. That being said, is extremely weak in its niche spot. A far better change would be a straight buff in crit chance and/or status, or some other gimmick (Punch Through, marking enemies through walls or whatever). We have way too many regular prime rifles with what you ask (tiberon, sybaris, burston, braton, boltor) to depersonalize an already underperforming weapon. It should have some sort of incentive to use both scoped and unscoped.

• Like 3

I think I like the zoom where it's at, although I barely use the weapon so it wouldn't break my heart if it changed.

If we're just talking about smallish but annoying  issues with Latron as a medium and long ranged weapon-- that, if fixed, might get me to use it more often--my vote would be the erratic recoil.  

The Latron is a DMR, DMRs are used for mid-log range combat. Nerfing the zoom is direct contrast to the purpose of the weapon. 

As for your suggestion of varying zoom: 

1- there’s already a weapon with that mechanic, more weapons using this will hurt the ‘uniqueness’ 

2- your argument can be used on pretty much anything, so it’s null. You said you used a tigris as a sniper, then I’d like to ask for it to have varying zoom so I can also using it as sniper when I zoom in, but also have low zoom so I use it up close 

3- that’s why mods are a thing. If an aspect about a weapon is annoying you, then you’re more than free to change it using mods. If all you care about it is over QoL then that’s entirely on you 

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

1- there’s already a weapon with that mechanic, more weapons using this will hurt the ‘uniqueness’ 

And? DE has proven they don't care if weapons share similar mechanics (Argonak/Stradavar)

2- your argument can be used on pretty much anything, so it’s null. You said you used a tigris as a sniper, then I’d like to ask for it to have varying zoom so I can also using it as sniper when I zoom in, but also have low zoom so I use it up close 

Not really. The main concern here is how uncomfortable the zoom is. No one complains about regular zoom.

3- that’s why mods are a thing. If an aspect about a weapon is annoying you, then you’re more than free to change it using mods. If all you care about it is over QoL then that’s entirely on you 

And I would. But the current mod system is all about power-creep. Which is one of the reasons modding 3.0 needs to happen

3 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

3- that’s why mods are a thing. If an aspect about a weapon is annoying you, then you’re more than free to change it using mods. If all you care about it is over QoL then that’s entirely on yo

I would normally not have a problem with zoom, but there are only + mods, -when aimgliding, and rivens. I'd really prefer to not have to rely on a riven to make a weapon normal as the odds of getting positives that make the Latron series competitive with -zoom are microscopic.

To people saying that the major zoom is a plus for long range, I regularly kill enemies at sniper range with the Prisma Grinlok, a weapon with normal zoom levels for a rifle. If the Latron series had sniper level damage I wouldn't care as much if at all about the zoom, but it's still a semi-auto DMR.

The Latron Prime is between an AR and sniper in terms of zoom with damage less than most contenders from either category, a long reload, and a tiny magazine. It was once a top-tier weapon but with power-creep and even with rivens, it is far from what I could call a contender for the DMR/semi-auto category. At the very least with less/adjustable zoom it would be useable in smaller tiles. It's one thing to have a weapon excel in certain areas (snipers in open world, shotgun in Corpus ship, etc), but a weapon that is meant for quick semi-auto at higher levels combines too-high zoom and large recoil to make you rely on hip-fire to hit anything close to you without counting their pores makes for an uncomfortable experience once enemies start taking more than three bullets to kill.

This IS personal opinion, but I see no reason for the Latron series (and there are precious few other weapons with similar skewed zoom levels) to have the levels of zoom it does with the level of damage it does. It needs a move on either of the sliders, probably not both at the same time.

On 2019-10-02 at 9:04 PM, GinKenshin said:

As for your suggestion of varying zoom: 

I mean, it does fit well with the Latron series, given DMR variable scopes are a thing. It's a bit disingenuous to then suggest that once he asks for varying zoom levels for the Latron, then it's open game for everything.

I think all guns should have the same zoom range by default, and any special amount on any particular weapon should be achieved via alt fire. In the Latron Prime's case, seeing how it currently has no alt-fire, it could easily achieve its marksman rifle fantasy via an alt fire toggle, while still giving players a better field of view in situations where the extra zoom isn't needed.