Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advise please

(XBOX)Spaceisflat7034

Question

Should i go for Saryn Prime Octavia or Oberon Prime? I just recently got my first prime (mesa) and i'm mr9 Although i don't really like saryn and octavia but i do see that they are strong and i can't decide. Help?  also chroma is a option but....nitain. I have more experience with Oberon so i might just get him anyway but i would like too see other peoples opinions 🙂

12 answers to this question

Well in fairness since you have experience with Oberon that would suggest that you maybe possibly currently have him in your roster, so Oberon Prime seems an easy answer. For Oberon Prime build him and (assuming your current Oberon is lvl 30 for the MR) just delete your original Oberon to make room for Goat Prime. Cause there really isn't any reason to keep the OG when you have access to the prime Variant, of course assuming you've extracted their MR.

Which frees you up for Octavia, Saryn Prime or Chroma (Nitain permitting) 

Of the definite two Octavia or Saryn...... I'd honestly probably go with Saryn because I personally don't really enjoy how Octavia plays. Even if Octavia is technically everything and the kitchen sink power wise. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

what do you want to do ?
play new gameplay with Chroma Saryn and Octavia ou get keep yourself with what you know the most Oberon
in my opinion actually if i remember good Oberon prime is i think vaulted so it will be hard to farm it unless you buy it with plat 
actually you should go for Saryn prime which is out of vault prime for a small moment and will be back in it soon 
then Octavia is cool too and i like frame who need quest 
Chroma prime is quite new so you have the time to got his relic and farm it 

so imo i would say go with Saryn first befor she get vaulted again 
then up to you between Octavia and Chroma prime 
then if you want to buy it go for Oberon prime

9 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Well in fairness since you have experience with Oberon that would suggest that you maybe possibly currently have him in your roster, so Oberon Prime seems an easy answer. For Oberon Prime build him and (assuming your current Oberon is lvl 30 for the MR) just delete your original Oberon to make room for Goat Prime. Cause there really isn't any reason to keep the OG when you have access to the prime Variant, of course assuming you've extracted their MR.

Which frees you up for Octavia, Saryn Prime or Chroma (Nitain permitting) 

Of the definite two Octavia or Saryn...... I'd honestly probably go with Saryn because I personally don't really enjoy how Octavia plays. Even if Octavia is technically everything and the kitchen sink power wise. 

What's so special about Octavia? I' always hearing ppl say how messed up op she is but anytime i see an octavia in my lobby, they don't really do much and just does anything any other casual person would do in a def, sortie, survival. 

I would recommend to choose between Saryn and Oberon. The thing with Octavia is that she is simply boring, incredibly so. When her deluxe skin came out I thought it would make me use her more, but not even the looks can help that playstyle. She's way too passive.

Saryn has much less survivability potential but has one of the best damage abilities in the game, while Oberon can be made pretty tanky and can help the squad at the same time. I have to say that I very much enjoy them both. I think you should  watch a few videos showcasing each of them and then decide, who knows, maybe you will even like Octavia the way she is,  to each his own as they say.

Just now, (XB1)Spaceisflat7034 said:

What's so special about Octavia? I' always hearing ppl say how messed up op she is but anytime i see an octavia in my lobby, they don't really do much and just does anything any other casual person would do in a def, sortie, survival. 

So the combo that a lot of people will use to cheese the game that makes her suuuuuuuper boring to play as or with is (looks up her powers  cause I can't remember them) is her Mallet which draws enemy fire and returns it as damage along with teabagging in their Metronome which gives her essentially permanent invisibility. 

You don't really "have" to play her like that but with mallet being such a big part of her kit (infinite scaling damage and all) and her being kinda squishy, it kinda naturally filters back to that being how she ends up being played even if you don't necessarily intend it from the start. Or at least that's been my experience. 

Just now, Oreades said:

So the combo that a lot of people will use to cheese the game that makes her suuuuuuuper boring to play as or with is (looks up her powers  cause I can't remember them) is her Mallet which draws enemy fire and returns it as damage along with teabagging in their Metronome which gives her essentially permanent invisibility. 

You don't really "have" to play her like that but with mallet being such a big part of her kit (infinite scaling damage and all) and her being kinda squishy, it kinda naturally filters back to that being how she ends up being played even if you don't necessarily intend it from the start. Or at least that's been my experience. 

Huh. i see. Thank you for the explanation and i'll definitely look into her 🙂

1 minute ago, (XB1)Spaceisflat7034 said:

Huh. i see. Thank you for the explanation and i'll definitely look into her 🙂

Her other problem is that (and again you technically don't have to go this way but min/max and all) you really can't compose(?) her music how you want if you also want to maximize her potential damage output and ease of use. So there is a very good chance that the music you would like to use just doesn't "play" well and ultimately scrapping it for music that is more efficient that you don't like as much.

Saryn is just the better option due to the unvaulting.  But I echo.  I cant seem to get Saryn or Octavia to do anything but collect dust.  Octavia has her own cool minigage.  But overall I just find her somewhat dull.  But everyone can respect her abilities.  She is quite powerful with her damage from mallet scaling like crazy.

Oberon is one I am searching for.

46 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

Saryn is just the better option due to the unvaulting.  But I echo.  I cant seem to get Saryn or Octavia to do anything but collect dust.  Octavia has her own cool minigage.  But overall I just find her somewhat dull.  But everyone can respect her abilities.  She is quite powerful with her damage from mallet scaling like crazy.

Oberon is one I am searching for.

yeah saryn saryn saryn if i hear her name one more time im gonna lose my mind. I'll farm her rn and see what she can do 🙂 thank you for your response have a good day 🙂

Octavia has alot of potential but I think she isnt used because EVERYONE gets sick of her music lol.   Even you eventually get sick of your own music.   But out of the three you mentioned I would choose Octavia for the simple fact it opens you have to having stealth.   You can mod her to be a invis frame and do Stealth Kill exterminate missions for nightwave.  She also gives you the ability to play your own music in your orbiter.  

Saryn is great for map killing and farming focus like that,  but you might not use her for anything else.. can do ESO/SO nightwave challenge.

Oberon is awesome all rounder.  I even use him for teralyst fights so I never lose energy because of his grass.  But I need to master something else for eidolons.  If I ever do I will try to get a pheonix oberon going.   But he has such a great mix of powers,  offense and healing/defense.  Give him Hunters Adrenaline/rage and you get to go nuts.