Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #132!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, GingaNinjer78 said:

will there be a halloween event?

i felt the pumpkin head wasnt enough, maybe that cetus could gotten a bunch of extra enemies and mods, or things for the shops, awhile there could be some MPC/ NPC who have facepaint and additional features for them, blackened monsters and enemy armor changes to the mood could have things like heavy floods, bigger trees, night-time music changes on each planet, the old seasonal events could pop up from the dojos with additional rewards, and candy (decorations for orbiter and tenno), then FORTUNA would have something new added. A goblin or special light change, I simply think the spear for fishing could have some added combat or defensive uses, while the minning cannon or laser features some heat element and damage or modding feature added to the orbiter and to each NPC like the kitguns, kitbows and kittools have altars for alterations and music and subquest or bounties added, then more weather effects and monsters added to each boss planet and node.

Just now, SnakeBadger said:

i felt the pumpkin head wasnt enough, maybe that cetus could gotten a bunch of extra enemies and mods, or things for the shops, awhile there could be some MPC/ NPC who have facepaint and additional features for them, blackened monsters and enemy armor changes to the mood could have things like heavy floods, bigger trees, night-time music changes on each planet, the old seasonal events could pop up from the dojos with additional rewards, and candy (decorations for orbiter and tenno), then FORTUNA would have something new added. A goblin or special light change, I simply think the spear for fishing could have some added combat or defensive uses, while the minning cannon or laser features some heat element and damage or modding feature added to the orbiter and to each NPC like the kitguns, kitbows and kittools have altars for alterations and music and subquest or bounties added, then more weather effects and monsters added to each boss planet and node.

SnakeBadger, a lot of your ideas are interesting, but they seem to either require months, if not years, of work and programming, or they don't fit with Warframe's design style.

11 hours ago, Reakacemrz said:

spoiler this devstream same as devstream 131 with bit of graphic update spooky jack o lantern GIF

i had an ideal monster idea of a big armored enemy with archwing squadron who can break into buildings and glass in enclosed levels to match the halloween and openworld thing, they can be infested and use giant guns, and also cannons, and drop robotics and other parts, and also go with the new themes of the kuvalitch, but they are heavy in HP, and can have data and other precius items.

1 minute ago, Bioboygamer said:

SnakeBadger, a lot of your ideas are interesting, but they seem to either require months, if not years, of work and programming, or they don't fit with Warframe's design style.

dude all the monsters start reviving and some guls have pumkin flavored heads and archwing weapons, but their armor is twice as scary or they can fly, as a passive halloween you get to see them in other missions!!

dude all the monsters start reviving and some guls have pumkin flavored heads and archwing weapons, but their armor is twice as scary or they can fly, as a passive halloween you get to see them in other missions!!

But... by the time the devs would have that finished, Halloween would be over.

16 hours ago, Laudator said:

I have a question: 

People have been asking for sustainable, good, replayable contents, obviously Warframe doesn't have those right now, what do you think constitutes such contents in Warframe? 

• to be real, i don't think requiring ability orbs or energy, changing ammunition pickups and types of reloading and fixing some abilities so they are more fun to recast, charge or spam so that there are more tools and ways to play, the game needs to define each environment and monster type, not just the players ability to outperform each other, but how good is the rain or gravity going to affect the bullets and weapons instead of the outcome of my fire rate, enemies have no powerful ways to fight players and barely have any armamentsm. They just have NUMBERS, so you would also require enemies to get strongerchanges with each patch, so at least for the time being they can put traps and EMP some areas so players are not just relying on abilities,
  • EMP on some areas under control, ships, subbosses,
  • robots > meaty enemies should have protecting features and armor, not just bleeding (fight from cover in the mountains, fly, or teleporting, pets, and decent loot.)_so they can blend with their snowing surroundings at least they should pop up from the mountains like final fantasy 7, random battle encounters, while their ships act as decoys or drop tankments instead of fleshy enemies, those should be inside the tankers and robots, archwing makes more sense but the enemies and combat is not interesting enough for a while.
  • katana and bow mechanics on enemy ninjasand other powerful monsters who have high armor, weak enemies should explode if they are robots to have odd weapons and odd rewards, scanning players, or performing robotic things to confuse the warframes with gasses and clouds so that they dont just sweep, for good use of each planet or game area, also you wanna allow the NPC to move alittle more with some new wares for the syndicates and missionrewards.
  • humanoids should explode too or desyntegrate but use heavy granade launchers and bombs, or suicide tactics, numbers should mean higher defences and faster fire rate to have tenno hide or use cover like destiny games, those enemies have alot of firepower so players always are looking for cover.
  •  

1 minute ago, SnakeBadger said:
  • to be real, i don't think requiring ability orbs or energy, changing ammunition pickups and types of reloading and fixing some abilities so they are more fun to recast, charge or spam so that there are more tools and ways to play, the game needs to define each environment and monster type, not just the players ability to outperform each other, but how good is the rain or gravity going to affect the bullets and weapons instead of the outcome of my fire rate, enemies have no powerful ways to fight players and barely have any armamentsm. They just have NUMBERS, so you would also require enemies to get strongerchanges with each patch, so at least for the time being they can put traps and EMP some areas so players are not just relying on abilities,
  • robots > meaty enemies should have protecting features and armor, not just bleeding (fight from cover in the mountains, fly, or teleporting, pets, and decent loot.)_so they can blend with their snowing surroundings at least they should pop up from the mountains like final fantasy 7, random battle encounters, while their ships act as decoys or drop tankments instead of fleshy enemies, those should be inside the tankers and robots, archwing makes more sense but the enemies and combat is not interesting enough for a while.

See, you're just randomly throwing out ideas, with no thought to whether or not they fit with Warframe's gameplay style or design. Warframe is primarily intended to be a Horde Shooter - it's a GOOD thing that the enemy's primary advantage is their numbers. One good, well-thought out, well-fitting idea is worth more than ten thousand random, mediocre ones.

Just now, Bioboygamer said:

See, you're just randomly throwing out ideas, with no thought to whether or not they fit with Warframe's gameplay style or design. Warframe is primarily intended to be a Horde Shooter - it's a GOOD thing that the enemy's primary advantage is their numbers. One good, well-thought out, well-fitting idea is worth more than ten thousand random, mediocre ones.

hmm

hmm

all am saying is that the enemies are not suicidal enough, they will hit you with a hatchet and have no heavy plates, or places to scare players, so alot of the game is just really casual fruit ninja gamaplay with guns added, you wanna have enemies who can block against abilities and counter attack melee, and use heavy artillery, and each room should have traps and turrets like the void rooms, but even those are too easy right?

3 minutes ago, Bioboygamer said:

i like the icon ur using, it looks like a nekros or golden, guitar user of sorts with axes and skeletons midst the fogs,

11 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:
  • katana and bow mechanics on enemy ninjasand other powerful monsters who have high armor, weak enemies should explode if they are robots to have odd weapons and odd rewards, scanning players, or performing robotic things to confuse the warframes with gasses and clouds so that they dont just sweep, for good use of each planet or game area, also you wanna allow the NPC to move alittle more with some new wares for the syndicates and missionrewards.
  • humanoids should explode too or desyntegrate but use heavy granade launchers and bombs, or suicide tactics, numbers should mean higher defences and faster fire rate to have tenno hide or use cover like destiny games, those enemies have alot of firepower so players always are looking for cover.
  •  

The enemies and each planet are vulnerable, and dont have enough gunnery or magic, so using EMP fields, poles, and hacking stations would be good addition to mask behind keys and machines, which can be located through different aprts of the maps. as well as special rewards and pickups, you can get a new weapon with a silencer, some enemies require piercing damage, blint damage can be moved to melee much easier because its realistic or for attacks from above, but enemies need heavy weapons and shields.

Decoy rewards, and decoy pickups are things like dopledangerous hydringena who can wrap a warframer in vines, or quicksand, or a sea ghost, glass or robotshark, where some otherwise idea for some crushing floors like super mario, to turn this game into a platformer, earthquakes and random eruptions, rocks, and heavy weather, until more enemies become effective, or have nicer gear combat.

2 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

The enemies and each planet are vulnerable, and dont have enough gunnery or magic, so using EMP fields, poles, and hacking stations would be good addition to mask behind keys and machines, which can be located through different aprts of the maps. as well as special rewards and pickups, you can get a new weapon with a silencer, some enemies require piercing damage, blint damage can be moved to melee much easier because its realistic or for attacks from above, but enemies need heavy weapons and shields.

How long do you think that would take to implement, and how many more problems do you think it would create?

2 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

7years, realistically 1month

Realistically, I'd put it at one year, with another year of bugfixes for all the problems it would cause. For the first month or so after the implementation, I'd suspect there would be at least a handful of bugs that would make the game quite literally unplayable.

2 minutes ago, Bioboygamer said:

How long do you think that would take to implement, and how many more problems do you think it would create?

not very long honestly some of these idea are young enough to put in the game RIGHT AWAY. It doesnt have to be all of these things to be implemented right way, but that some things such as the EMP areas, or additional machineguns, robots, or special reawards are to make some replayable areas more challenging or interesting, some machines could drop their cores to be used in crafting robotics or getting endo out from arms, and gadjets, kitbuilding robots, and spectre from the enemies broken weapons and scanned items lists of data aquised from each espionage mission and the emails, as said, there are some enemies who can simply have traps and tricks on some areas whrere one would think its really them, but its a decoy, or something else, the problem is that the enemies just explode and drop useless S#&$ that clutters the screen for 4seconds so all the pickups and items are just taking up room for frenching, coordinate data and beacons, and other tricks like those guys at the plate in fortuna said, hey heres a bacon shield, before i die and they drop a robotic or some spider which can stop you from firing or using abilities if you get too close to them or that they latch on to your shield and you are vulnerable while in that field if you are in the caverns some nodes can regenerate, or transport and highten abiliteis, while the sounds of shooting and minning trigger explosions, lava, and monsters to surface from the ocean, the game turns into a interesting underwater archwing would take another year or a few months if you just add the new monsters to the caverns with some new resources and blueprints mininig and fishing would be more nerve racking, the lakes could also be used for archwing and sea caves shortcuts, think about it.

5 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

Decoy rewards, and decoy pickups are things like dopledangerous hydringena who can wrap a warframer in vines, or quicksand, or a sea ghost, glass or robotshark, where some otherwise idea for some crushing floors like super mario, to turn this game into a platformer, earthquakes and random eruptions, rocks, and heavy weather, until more enemies become effective, or have nicer gear combat.

8 minutes ago, Bioboygamer said:

Realistically, I'd put it at one year, with another year of bugfixes for all the problems it would cause. For the first month or so after the implementation, I'd suspect there would be at least a handful of bugs that would make the game quite literally unplayable.

i think large dont get scared, just if they added anything from what we said right away the game would balance out and proggress would be more interesting with the new sea monsters and cavern acustics, there can be some frozen areas and earthquakes which change the dynamic structural adjustments to the prefunctured labs and seabeds to explore with archwing, which means taht the players who want to dive into the lakes and ocean can collect and catch fishies and resources for the villagers, however there would be some areas which are frozen or have been blocked off, and new enemies with ICEPOWERS, the gravity would be different and the pickups would be magnetically drawn against the walls so alot of machinery would be enarby with EMP and vibrations which make fighting difficult, guns would malfunction, and players would be sliding everywhere glaciers and glass shards of ice like those caves from Destiny2MARS, honestly am ready for that game merge, S#&$. whenever i play destiny 2 i always get like 2hour loading screens and lag, so thats why i always favor warframe, am not sure whats going on, i tried playing ironbanner and got disconnected as usual, so i rather writesomething interesting herre for our game.

3 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

i think large dont get scared, just if they added anything from what we said right away the game would balance out and proggress would be more interesting with the new sea monsters and cavern acustics, there can be some frozen areas and earthquakes which change the dynamic structural adjustments to the prefunctured labs and seabeds to explore with archwing, which means taht the players who want to dive into the lakes and ocean can collect and catch fishies and resources for the villagers, however there would be some areas which are frozen or have been blocked off, and new enemies.

I'm sorry, but you really have no idea the amount of time and effort that it takes to make even the smallest change in a game like this, do you?

Changing a single enemy would take at least a week, probably more if you include testing and even the most basic consideration of how it would affect other aspects of the game.

Edit: And that's just changing an enemy. Adding a new one would take a month, probably. Adding a single new gameplay system would take 3 to 6 months, at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Bioboygamer said:

I'm sorry, but you really have no idea the amount of time and effort that it takes to make even the smallest change in a game like this, do you?

Changing a single enemy would take at least a week, probably more if you include testing and even the most basic consideration of how it would affect other aspects of the game.

small changes, add robots to the plains of eidolon

5 minutes.

this means there would be corpus robots scanning resources and watching over upper area, while the grineer are in the caverns, and come out at night to traverse the plains with their ships, collecting water and dropping robot fishes, vice versa collecting samples of crystals like goeologist. I edit my posts, so look out for new stuff, there could be some hard areas in the water where the lances flick back and a turtle gets scared and elaves, but the lance is damaged reducing its damage output when used for throwing and fighting. Most players asked for that improvement years ago.

5 minutes ago, SnakeBadger said:

small changes, add robots to the plains of eidolon

5 minutes.

Five days, probably a lot more. You have to change the spawn tables, check the spawn positions, make sure they count for anything that counts kills on the plains, change their drops, make sure that none of those things have messed with their drops or spawning on any other mission location or type in the game, balance things out to make sure that certain missions or areas aren't dramatically and unexpectedly harder or easier, see if their textures still look good in the plains' lighting, and that's probably only a fraction of the things you'd need to do.

Oh, and that's just if you wanted a single new enemy in the Plains of Eidolon, behaving the exact same way it normally would in a normal mission. What you seem to be thinking of would take several months at the very least.

7 minutes ago, Bioboygamer said:

Five days, probably a lot more. You have to change the spawn tables, check the spawn positions, make sure they count for anything that counts kills on the plains, change their drops, make sure that none of those things have messed with their drops or spawning on any other mission location or type in the game, balance things out to make sure that certain missions or areas aren't dramatically and unexpectedly harder or easier, see if their textures still look good in the plains' lighting, and that's probably only a fraction of the things you'd need to do.

Okay, thats not that bad, 3.0 melee has one improvement for enemy's realism from what i've seen their body mechanics will be  alot nicer when they are hit, but it doesnt mean that we have acceptable enemies in all the planets or distractions to make things pleasant or confusing, such as additional fishing and loot on replayable bosses, other enemies could be added, right now the closes thing is the two demons that appear as stalkers and give wolfcred or points towards nightwave if they are killed, but thats because they keep things interesting, i';ve never ffought the wolve of saturn or gotten any thing interesting from that would be intersting to see some new grineer added to the stars and cities who have new wares and items / blueprints / and mods, there are some of these older ones in cetus and fortuna has some peddlers, but i like to see more in the relays with the syndicate members spreading out to the cities, maybe added to bounties, can be good or bad news not worth mentioning but just happening, if yaoknow what i mean? they just drop ephemera and different mods depending on your affiliation and standing, you can get some interesting S#&$.

Archived