Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orbital Haunt Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Architect: Inahorange
Category: Dojo [Green Amethyst]
Theme: Caught by the Element of Surprise

• Once you walk in, you don't get back out alive. 

The floof in the mouth of the arachnid queen acts as the decoy to lure hunters into the den.
Once you step foot into the trap, heed the queen's warning to not look back or else the last thing you'll see is the frightening night crawler upon death.

5RnIstB.jpg

JGL7Xju.jpg

V6VlJgh.jpg

aFT3bxx.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/c4tGAMN [Full Album] Also Imgur seems to think this has mature content, there’s nothing erotic or nsfw shown in the album.

• Live Demo in spoiler below
Spoiler

Good luck to all contenders 🙂

Edited by Inahorange
  • Like 3

I got a lot of decorations (I like ikeaframe) so it was not too hard.

461e6126167346a7d64d429e8165d05a-full.jp

Blocked off door - spooky 

3c69c183751f591cfe2562e0697103e0-full.jp

033e57a569e47731677e8269da830708-full.jp

Excalibur Umbra with a Solaris wrench through his face

01e108c5c4e068303a0b3e1e80de8111-full.jp

Nothing is more terrifying than being organised. I like collecting noggles 

c438245c730cca594624baeca5ee1291-full.jp

Edited by Rotomtom

Hello, I am SirLagThe1st of the Prismatic Dreams and before I submit what my brain came up with for my first actual decoration attempt, I would like to also give the credits to our clan's head decorator FluffyOkami who had to babysit me, teach me and make fun of me for pretty much the whole project.

What you see here is a wivern that was taken over by the infestation and guess who has it in chains in his own little clan room. (Hint: It's me)

As you can see below, Sir Lag the 3rd is very docile.

Spoiler

Warframe0010.jpg

It is chained properly as you can see, so there is absolutely no danger whatsoever.

Spoiler

Warframe0015.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0014.jpg

Until a clanmate called it ugly:

Spoiler

Warframe0017.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0019.jpg

And me, being the beast tamer that I am..

Spoiler

Ran away!

Warframe0021.jpg

And that's the story of how I met...

Spoiler

The wivern.

Warframe0024.jpg

Thank you for checking my post!

Credits:

SirLagThe1st

FluffyOkamy

Edited by SirLagThe1st
Small errors
  • Like 1

IGN: DrLego
Platform: PC
Type: Dojo (The room is in the Syndicate Supremacy clan)

Entry:
https://imgur.com/a/cHuVaS5

Spoiler

IGHeQVD.jpg

This tale starts the same as any other. A message, a mission: "Tenno, a Corpus vessel of unknown make and model is heading for a collision course toward Iron Wake. Stop it before time runs out." The Liset makes contact. The vessel isn't sending any type of communication. The lights are on but nobody is home. This would normally be chalked up to some infested plot, but the vessel seems to be intact. Upon entering the vessel, it becomes apparent that it's some type of luxury entertainment ship. A message is displayed that greets visitors. "HAUNTED HOUSE. A CORPUS FOR-PROFIT DEDUCTION"

Shouldn't that say Non-Profit Production?

aOfZiFq.jpg

Never has there been a Corpus Vessel as quiet as this one. No signs of life either, just morbid displays and white confetti. A closer look may yield clues.

OqlIZ4W.jpg

There also seems to be an animatronic Condroc suspended from an artificial tree. Both move and sway about as naturally as a decapitated MOA. Nothing informative here.

i26Acc5.jpg

This warning may seem counter-intuitive to the average person, but absolutely essential to someone like a board member with a fresh black market heart served on a silver platter from an indebted.

0seH7MV.jpg

A defensive reaction springs forth, not from the unpowered statue, but from the infestation along the walls and ceiling. Upon closer inspection though, it appears that this infestation is an imitation, a type of polymer material designed to illicit fear.

QLYmXrH.jpg

The room appears to be an exhibit of some kind. Probably a type of waiting area before entering the interactive section. The sound of nothing ringing a little louder.

fAPqRmJ.jpg

This doesn't illicit fear, but it does illicit disgust.

tUXgRbJ.jpg

Looks to be plastids dyed to appear as rotten eyeballs.

9hBIAYd.jpg

Real? As opposed to the rest of this exhibit? It appears to be some sort of orokin artifact, but upon closer inspection it's a replica of one.

BbCUptF.jpg

Some Corpus have a fascination with the fictional character and his creation. A doctor that obsessed and used science for his own ends to create the unthinkable. Almost a reflection. The abs are a mysterious choice however.

T2Xtnju.jpg

Not only are there no clues so far about the nature of the ship's situation, nearly the entire exhibit has been biological. Taking a werewolf heart may not be a bad idea if it truly frightens them.

yMrkh89.jpg

Did they run out of ideas, or is this legitimately considered frightening or disgusting? There are some things that will never be understood.

3KPiUwx.jpg

The interactive segment begins. Nothing can be made out past the brush, so one must proceed to see. Perhaps an explanation lies beyond.

CVH29Ze.jpg

More imitation infestation? No...this is the real deal. It looks like the mystery of what happened to the ship is solved. Strangely though, no enemies have appeared. At all. Are they waiting? Why is the ship still intact?

16t84Fa.jpg

More orokin makeshift models, but they appear to be broken. The hands most likely represent the control the Orokin used to command in the solar system.

An attempt is made to pass them quickly, but one of the hands has made a firm grasp of it's intruder. Despite appearances, the strength of the machinery is almost parallel to the intruder's. But suddenly, the hand stops. It moves no more. Did it break?

pPGYn98.jpg

The second hand does not budge, but the third seems to be missing. If the first hand is anything to go by, there will be a tough time ahead. Still no sign of enemies...

1Zp23Co.jpg

A trail of fungi from where the missing hand was. It appears it took what it liked and ran with it. Following the trail...

XfBJ2dh.jpg

...leads to some type of former staircase. The path below is congested by infestation, but the path above is clear. This is where it wants it's prey to go.

QiIjebf.jpg

This is definitely deliberate. Whether or not it was for the hand to pass through or for the intruder is unclear.

0gjlwjT.jpg

Looks to be some type of control room with monitoring arrays. If this system is still connected to the ship, perhaps it's flight path can be permanently redirected. or a self destruct sequence set to obliterate the damned mass. A message log is also displayed.

iaVbamU.jpg

"this wasn't supposed to happen"? Did they think they had the infestation contained in some way? Foolish. Let's see what can be done with the control console and be done with this.

eXsKeH8.jpg

It was a trap. Of course it was a trap. With prey in the grasp of an abominable amalgamation of infested tissue and animatronic tech, it placed it's possession carefully upon an infested pillar...

VSAL7FW.jpg

...and returned to it's default position; perhaps waiting on more prey to pick up. While this was a control room for the animatronics in the hallway, it also controlled something much more. Something that looked to be the final attraction.

W5krWR6.jpg

Whatever this once was doesn't matter anymore. Whatever shrieks of enjoyment it brought out are in the past. It was now the face of a consciousness with one mission; to grow and to expand. It spoke:

"Be with us. Eternal life through our vessel. Reject yourself."

The same type of spiel that never ends with the infestation. Of course it was denied. Of course, it devoured.

sdCLYwm.jpg

The expectation of being eaten by an artificial face could have never crossed any mind. It used to be the stuff of fiction. Not in the moment.

K9nwcaK.jpg

Wait...what is that? This is new. Some sort of weak point? Only one way to find out.

Edited by DrLego
Clarification.

Yes, It was him, this whole time the ACTUAL master of the infested, the mastermind of all, HE, the bolarola and his loyal virmink covenant been leading the infested to victory on eris and so many other places, all thought hes the infested master he isnt quite...infested himself but hes a powerfull master that even nidus bows down for him(if he doesnt obey he get shanked by that powertool on the plate of the chair)......yeap thats my entry lmao, also i thought it would be cool to have the little helmynth text there but then i remembered you guys dont speak portuguese, anyhow thats it

Spoiler

48938596206_5b1fee224c_h.jpg

Edited by _ShadowsBr_

I don't have a lot of plat to spare, so i cant do fancy setups like some of the ones here...but you'd be amazed what you can achieve with lights..a little imagination and a lot of grinding.

IGN: Hyperion5182
Platform: PC

Type: Orbiter

Spoiler

Warframe0025.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0027.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0034.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0036.jpg

Spoiler