Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We do not have the capacity for weapon exilus mods for them to be worth it.

NightclubRush

On 2019-10-18 at 3:37 PM, Zekkii said:

It really just seems like something DE put in to sell more Forma and get us to grind more, rather than fixing the mod system itself.  Even with reload mods removed, everyone is just going to move to the next best thing.  I hope you all have fun putting an extra 2 forma on each of your guns.

5 seconds after the massive catchmoon range nerf:  "But you can buy a weapon exilus adapter and stick a range mod on top of your regular build now!"

You know what player numbers graph I'd like to see?  How many people immediately upon downloading the update bought a weapon exilus adapter, stuck it on their catchmoon, stuck in a flight speed mod and called it a day.  Half the playerbase suddenly really wanting the thing you just started selling HAS to be good for sales.

Just got round to building one after grabbing it from syndicate.

I just can't fit any of the mods in on the weapons I might want to use them on and then throw in the fact that the polarity is a V on rifles when the majority of the mods are a -....

The only way I can fit anything in is to forma the exilus slot (on rifles) AND my last remaining slot in most cases, removing any option for variation to my builds....

Now I've seen it in the flesh it honestly feels like DE needed 'something' to stick in the new relics and thought an exilus slot on weapons would be a great idea but forgot to look at the practicality of adding it into builds... As I suspected prior to release we need more capacity for this to be something most of us will want to use... 

Edited by LSG501

On 2019-10-18 at 1:30 PM, NekroArts said:

and I want to use Stabilizer (max drain = 9). Obviously, formaing the exilus slot will not be enough and I shouldn't forma the Cyro Rounds because that makes my other builds (Corrosive and Gas) impossible to make. So the closest thing to do is to switch out Cryo Rounds with Rime Rounds (max drain = 7). I know, I loss my optimal damage but I didn't drop so far behind - that's the nature of min-maxing.

You could grab a second weapon, forma one the same way for cryo rounds (which would be primed-cryo rounds later), and then you have 2 weapons fully forma'ed to satisfaction that accommodates both builds.

That's what I done when I'm in that situation, only have 2 instances of an extra weapon (too bad exalteds are shared across multiple frames).