Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We do not have the capacity for weapon exilus mods for them to be worth it.

NightclubRush

Seriously, people actually buy formas? Why not crack a relic or two and just build it? Why spent plat on something you can easily get for, you know, playing the game?

Back to topic - no one forces you to use that slot. If you think your build is ok, leave as it is.

Besides this pexilus slot will only have stuff like recoil or more ammo. Mods that you most probably never considered putting in before since you always chose another dmg-increasing mod instead. It might actually make some less used weapons more viable.

25 minutes ago, Trickster_God_Loki said:

Seriously, people actually buy formas? Why not crack a relic or two and just build it? Why spent plat on something you can easily get for, you know, playing the game?

Okay, and what happens when I want to add 6 forma to my Amprex and I have 2 and 1 building? I'm not waiting 3-4 days to finish my build, would rather just buy the 3 forma bundle and be done with it. 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

Okay, and what happens when I want to add 6 forma to my Amprex and I have 2 and 1 building? I'm not waiting 3-4 days to finish my build, would rather just buy the 3 forma bundle and be done with it. 

But why not wait? Unless that amprex is literally last weapon you need, you could just wait and lvl up another weapon. If you do it all at once , not only you will burn out ( I almost died of boredom formaing vulkar 5 times in a row after i got riven for it. That was one day before baro came with vandal version.) but you will quickly become one of people constantly yelling about content drought.

Take your time, the game is not going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Trickster_God_Loki said:

But why not wait? Unless that amprex is literally last weapon you need, you could just wait and lvl up another weapon. If you do it all at once , not only you will burn out ( I almost died of boredom formaing vulkar 5 times in a row after i got riven for it. That was one day before baro came with vandal version.) but you will quickly become one of people constantly yelling about content drought.

Take your time, the game is not going anywhere. 

Oh my friend, I've been playing this game for almost 7 years ... It's not like I have much to level, and even if I did, it takes me less than a day to level it and add forma onto it. When I had multiple things to level it took a bit longer but it was still nothing more than a few hours. I don't want to sit around all day with unfinished builds on my frames/weapons, I want them complete and ready to go whenever I need them. Sitting around building forma is such a waste of time. 

Il y a 15 heures, DrBorris a dit :

If you want to use a weapon exilus you need to...

1. Farm a new drop
  2. Craft said new drop
  3. Forma your weapon 3-4 more times

And your reward is... to 'nerf' you build as an exchange for some QoL.

That is a whole lot of effort for literally a negative reward. And while I am sure there will be niche use cases, I would personally rather see weapon exilus be something that actually has an impact on your day-to-day gameplay. This addition to the game will be pointless for the majority of players, including many "hardcore" players, sounds like a wasted opportunity to me.

Suggestion: Just have mods equipped in the exilus slot have a zero drain.

inb4 people say it is power creep to have a "free" additional QoL mod

How does adding a new mod to your build makes it worst ? You can dislike it, but saying it's a "negative reward" is mathematicaly wrong and downright idiotic.

Also, why in the hell would you forma that new slot 3 - 4 Times ? Why ? 2 times top, but what are you doing with your mods to need this ? 

If we could fit on the most expensive mods in the game at max rank across 9 slots. It would just be dictating that you need to spend at least 26p + any cost in forma since you can't earn more then one per day unless Free Forma Event Plague Star is out. 

Anyways DE's controlling what mods can go there and they really shouldn't be strictly DPS based mods. It should be mods we currently never use in favor of DPS. 

Edited by Fire2box

16 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

You bringing a rubico to begin to "endgame" content spells out exactly how clueless you are, never mind relying on an incidental proc versus frontloaded damage, in addition to HC having pretty much zero effect on any prime snipe. If you actually knew what you were talking about this topic would covering the vectis for endgame if you were actually obtuse enough to bring a snipe to longer than an hour content. But good job laying out your ignorance in several other venues as well doubling down on synthetic discord tech.

Snipers arent shotguns, you arent supposed to use them point blank, shotguns and wide beam weapons are used for that.

When you get over the comfortable 20-30m close range, any sniper with a HC on it pretty much turns your build into Stormtrooper cosplay. Vectis P gets to that point even quicker. It is so bad that you cant stand at the void defense objective and hit anything that comes through the door from the spawn area pretty much. As for builds, Piggles' would be my choice, it works from low level content to high endless thanks to the sync between viral, high slash procs and HM to make them occur more often. The high damage on your build may look good, but in the end it is scaling poorly. The only place where a high damage Rubico with that type of build would shine is in Eidolon hunts, but even there it would be better to discard serration aswell as HC and just go chroma with more elemental mods.

To be fair I am not sure exactly how many weapon I have that will benefit from an exilus slot. Especially seeing how the mods available will be purely support and assistance mods. 

I can see a few that it would be nice to make silent. A few that will benefit from extra ammo or ammo pickups. But  as an example I cant see what benefit a weapon like the ignis wraith will gain from an exilus mod.

While I feel its a nice option, I cant imagine I will be using many exilus on weapons.

20 hours ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

Oh my friend, I've been playing this game for almost 7 years ... It's not like I have much to level, and even if I did, it takes me less than a day to level it and add forma onto it. When I had multiple things to level it took a bit longer but it was still nothing more than a few hours. I don't want to sit around all day with unfinished builds on my frames/weapons, I want them complete and ready to go whenever I need them. Sitting around building forma is such a waste of time. 

Hey, I might not be playing as long as you ( getting close to 2 years now) but I'm also at the point where i have almost nothing to lvl up anymore (mr27) . But I made sure to have a forma made everyday since i got my 1st riven and was mr locked out of weapon for it. Thanks to that i have 20-30 forma on hand all the time and I dont need to spend plat every time theres new gun added to the game.

Buy hey, if you want to just waste money buying forma then go on, knock yourself out. You could have avoid this if you just stopped for a second and thought about it.

1 hour ago, Trickster_God_Loki said:

Hey, I might not be playing as long as you ( getting close to 2 years now) but I'm also at the point where i have almost nothing to lvl up anymore (mr27) . But I made sure to have a forma made everyday since i got my 1st riven and was mr locked out of weapon for it. Thanks to that i have 20-30 forma on hand all the time and I dont need to spend plat every time theres new gun added to the game.

Buy hey, if you want to just waste money buying forma then go on, knock yourself out. You could have avoid this if you just stopped for a second and thought about it.

I had like 300 - 400 forma from the last couple plague star events. I currently have 5 ... there might only be 527 items in the game but almost all of those things you forma more than once. 

Edit: Also in what way am I wasting money? I don't buy platinum to buy forma lmfao 

Edited by -CdG-Piggles-

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Meh, the thing is not every weapon needs them.

Exactly. I wish more people would realize that and not think this is just another mandatory mod slot.

For me it will pretty much go on the weapon I wanna use on Ivara in substitute for Artemis. So likely I'll slap one on Rubico P, Catchmoon, Fulmin, Acceltra, Pyrana P and a few other weapons, just so I can get a silencer mod on there to work with prowl. When not using them on Ivara that same spot can be used for ammo mutie or something else.

edit: I'd also love if weapons with a silencer mod would get the cool suppressor sound added to them.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone here talking about builds and the viability of exilus on weapons. Meanwhile Im more worried about the price (pl) on those bastards XD 20 pl even when you can say... "eh, you can farm them" its expensive, for a slot unlock for a weapons that triple the number in warframes. In warframes didnt want to waste 2 formas to build exilus so after some builded I started spending plat... 20 for warframe exilus is not bad but on weapons¿? Oh and exilus weapon adapter is on gold rng on the new relics XD. And yes on syndicates, but I dont have time always so I end spending plat as I said

Yes I can argue that probably with the mods they let us use its not that viable to use the exilus slot, but maybe in the future¿?. 10pl for a exilus slot and I probably will ended buying like 7 or 8 exilus slots for my fav weapons. But now probably they will rotten there with no use XD. Cool concept with no use for this update.

Sorry to be the guy who likes to spend plat btw.

Edited by Demaneth

So the crux of this is that DE gave an option to better weapons, but no one wants to put the time/effort into doing it.

You need Forma? Farm and build, or buy. As always. Don't want to spend rl money to buy plat? Trade for it. Don't want to do any of all that "work"? Whine about it some more, I'll go get the cheese.

Besides, who's going to open the slot on every weapon? That's just as dumb as opening the Exilus slot on a normal frame when you already have the Prime version. A dozen forma and you'll have most, if not all, of your GoTo weapons slotted. FFS people, use a little common sense!

Yeah, you are looking at 7-8 forma territory.

I have a 7 forma wep for instance and has 0 capacity left. Gotta throw in another one for the exilus slot to work. 

I think we need addinitonal mod capacity for this to be a sensible thing. Becuase not everyone(including me) has time to throw in 7-8 forma in each weapon.

On 2019-10-22 at 6:22 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Meh, the thing is not every weapon needs them.

You won't even remotely approach using these on the majority of your weapons. 

I was going through my usual armory today looking at the guns to see what might benefit from these. It came down to two primaries. Two. As in 2. Out of dozens and dozens. One issue is punchthrough isn't an excilus mod, so...that reduced the potential usefulness of this slot tremendously. 

I haven't looked at secondaries yet, but I doubt there'll be any difference. I can think of maybe 4 offhand that I use regularly that might benefit. 

Fitting them in shouldn't really be an issue. Most of the guns I looked at wouldn't need more than 2, many only 1, and a few could take one right away. Of the two guns I might actually use this on, one would need one forma, the other two. 

Not seeing a problem here--other than the new slot is really borderline useless. 

Il y a 12 heures, White_Matter a dit :

Yeah, you are looking at 7-8 forma territory.

I have a 7 forma wep for instance and has 0 capacity left. Gotta throw in another one for the exilus slot to work. 

I think we need addinitonal mod capacity for this to be a sensible thing. Becuase not everyone(including me) has time to throw in 7-8 forma in each weapon.

Yes that's a lot of forma and work, but most importantly, it can kill totally your builds, because you are stuck with only one damage build, and at the same time DE introduced in this update additional weapon configuration tabs for plat, that you can't use mostly with an exilus slot. Smart choice... (sigh)

Not only that but exilus mods have different polarities, so be prepared to format again your exilus slots because it look obvious that some new mods will come at some point.

They should have just made an exilus polarity and the mods with 7 drain at max, or even better, a cost free exilus slot or additionnal points when installed, for the sake of FLEXIBILITY, that we really need, i mean really. 

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 2

I'll plug my recommendation in here again.

We could restore the "flexibility" that's been lost due to capacity-creep of amalgam and primed variants of mods, and by the "mandatory mods" that are always slotted, by implementing another "aura" style slot that gives positive capacity, into which you'd put the base damage mods for primaries and secondaries. Could reduce the capacity down so that they're only providing at most (with amalgam/primed variants) 10 or so points. This frees up a normal slot, and provides us a bit more capacity so that we aren't having to 7 or 8-forma weapons that we want to use primed mods, rivens, and exilus slots on. As a bonus, aesthetically, you could have the primary and secondary weapon's modding screen mirror the Warframe's modding screen, with the two mod slots on top of the other 8.

On 2019-10-18 at 3:30 PM, NekroArts said:

Obviously, formaing the exilus slot will not be enough and I shouldn't forma the Cyro Rounds because that makes my other builds (Corrosive and Gas) impossible to make. So the closest thing to do is to switch out Cryo Rounds with Rime Rounds (max drain = 7). I know, I loss my optimal damage but I didn't drop so far behind - that's the nature of min-maxing.

Alternatively: Hunter Munitions isn't that useful on Soma P, since the slash procs it creates are very tiny damage-wise because it only deals 35% of the damage deal from the hit. And individual Soma P hits are... tiny.

I personally build with Argon Scope instead. 7 draw, instead of 9.

I also use two dual-stat mods and set for Corrosive. While the status procs aren't guaranteed, it's over 40%, and with that high fire rate, it's guaranteed to strip armor really really fast. I figure it's worth the trade-off of less raw damage.

Meaning you can easily fit Ammo Mutation in the exilus slot.

Edited by DrakeWurrum