Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory

ethaetha

Well, i guess to start this off, i have a slight theory that there is a 4th sentient within our system, we know of 3 sentients for sure,

I also have many other theories, however i will post those later.

1. Earth sentient (one of the first few you find via starting the game located on Cetus

2. Hunhow, currently buried on uranus or neptune i've forgotten exacts

3. the one currently in space, a creator-type sentient, aka the one that creates outposts. (shown in teaser trailer for the New War)

Edited by ethaetha
just a spelling error.

4 minutes ago, ethaetha said:

I can understand that idea, however her voice both does not match the voice during new strange, and the lotus is more humanoid, from what has been shown she is not one like hunhow, or the other two

How far along the quest chain are you?

1 minute ago, ethaetha said:

all of the current main quests completed, only limbo / mirage side-quests left.

In which case, it would be more accurate to point out that we know of 4 sentients, because Lotus is indeed a Sentient. It's confirmed from Tennocon I belive Lotus has a brother and it's believed that's the big spindly sentient we see in the New War trailer, though he hasn't officially shown up. In which case, it's likely the big sentient is the 'Mother' Lotus refers to, either the mind or a really big leftover fragment.

The voice from the Arcane Codex could well be Hunhow, or some kind of cephalon he corrupted, considering it's parroting the 'womb in the sky' line that he got given by Ballas.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In which case, it would be more accurate to point out that we know of 4 sentients, because Lotus is indeed a Sentient. It's confirmed from Tennocon I belive Lotus has a brother and it's believed that's the big spindly sentient we see in the New War trailer, though he hasn't officially shown up. In which case, it's likely the big sentient is the 'Mother' Lotus refers to, either the mind or a really big leftover fragment.

The voice from the Arcane Codex could well be Hunhow, or some kind of cephalon he corrupted, considering it's parroting the 'womb in the sky' line that he got given by Ballas.

well, yes i do not disagree on lotus being a sentient, however, i meant this via the Sentient Mothers, i believe one more may be in our system outside of hunhow, the new war outpost sentient, and the earth one. in which case creates a major threat.

7 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Hunhow is a dude.

sentients don't have a specific gender, it's ambiguous. 

also, in this case the term "mother" is used because the sentient "mothers" create other smaller sentients.

Edited by ethaetha
adding on info

9 minutes ago, ethaetha said:

also, going off of the voice via the codex's, i've ruled out it being a cephalon since only 7-8 are known, and jordas is already his own little thing.

7-8 are known, sure. But we know that a: Cephalons can split themselves and hide in a Codex and b: that there are more than just the one's we've met.

'Womb in the Sky' is a phrase that's only had relevance relating to Hunhow, and Stolen Dreams is a requirement for the 'Natah' quest. It should be noted that the voice appears again in 'the New Strange', where not only does playing the message mess up Ordis, but Chroma takes a large role in the quest, a Warframe who has been noted to have some resemblance to Sentients in his design (and of course, the whole 'adaptation' thing). 

A lot of signs point to the Codex being Hunhow foreshadowing.

Just now, ethaetha said:

sentients don't have a specific gender, it's ambiguous. 

Hunhow has multiple times now been referred to as Natah's father. It has also been mentioned that Natah has a brother.

Natah has a mother, father, and brother to whom she in turn is a sister.

This implies that Sentients very much do indeed have a gender.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

7-8 are known, sure. But we know that a: Cephalons can split themselves and hide in a Codex and b: that there are more than just the one's we've met.

'Womb in the Sky' is a phrase that's only had relevance relating to Hunhow, and Stolen Dreams is a requirement for the 'Natah' quest. It should be noted that the voice appears again in 'the New Strange', where not only does playing the message mess up Ordis, but Chroma takes a large role in the quest, a Warframe who has been noted to have some resemblance to Sentients in his design (and of course, the whole 'adaptation' thing). 

A lot of signs point to the Codex being Hunhow foreshadowing.

hm, it makes sense but, "womb in the sky" is also meaning to our op's being awakened.

10 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Hunhow has multiple times now been referred to as Natah's father. It has also been mentioned that Natah has a brother.

Natah has a mother, father, and brother to whom she in turn is a sister.

This implies that Sentients very much do indeed have a gender.

also, it's ambiguous because they can choose their gender, lotus was a creation from hunhow, not a child, a machine, the sentients are after all machines.

(also, it was never started she had a specific "mother" simply that she had a "father" however due to the sentients lack of gender-differences for the fact that they are machines, this wouldn't technically be possible.)

Edited by ethaetha
more edits

6 minutes ago, ethaetha said:

hm, it makes sense but, "womb in the sky" is also meaning to our op's being awakened.

Yes. It's a term referring to the Resovoir - the term that Hunhow used to describe it to Stalker and us, and Ballas used to describe it to Hunhow.

Also, it's a reference to a certain religious text, which is also where Hunhow gets his name.

http://www.ltcconline.net/NBARCLAY/courses/mayas/maya/creation.htm

THIS IS THE ACCOUNT of when all is still silent and placid. All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky

28 minutes ago, ethaetha said:

also, it's ambiguous because they can choose their gender, lotus was a creation from hunhow, not a child, a machine, the sentients are after all machines.

(also, it was never started she had a specific "mother" simply that she had a "father" however due to the sentients lack of gender-differences for the fact that they are machines, this wouldn't technically be possible.)

Lotus/Natah herself has spoken about her mother. who is currently on her way to the Origin system

19 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

Lotus/Natah herself has spoken about her mother. who is currently on her way to the Origin system

^ 1. uh, no she never quoted that her mother was coming.

2. it'd be impossible to return eitherway

3. as i said, they have no actual gender. they're machines, give a gender to a warframe, it's still just a machine without the operator (unless counting umbra)

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I... fail to see what this adds?

Yes, that's the line. It is a direct quote from that religious text.

being that the sentients are a hive-mind it makes it unlikely that Hunhow is the main one creating this, besides it was recorded on an unknown area, and if Simaris doesn't know where, then it's somewhere we're not going to easily find.

22 minutes ago, ethaetha said:

being that the sentients are a hive-mind it makes it unlikely that Hunhow is the main one creating this, besides it was recorded on an unknown area, and if Simaris doesn't know where, then it's somewhere we're not going to easily find.

The sentients being a hive-mind doesn't make it any less likely that Hunhow recorded it. 'Womb in the sky', in Warframe, is a phrase associated with him. It's narrative shorthand to clue someone in.. If a character came up to your Tenno and said "Hey Kiddo", or "rap, tap, tap" that would immediately signal "oh, that is/is related to the Man in the Wall." In the same way, and given its placement in IRL history (predating Hunhow's first appearance), it's almost certainly foreshadowing the Second Dream - and in turn, Hunhow.

It being recorded in an unknown area is also not indicative either. It's in an Orokin Derelict - it was likely recorded over a thousand years ago, in secret. Simaris isn't omniscient after all.

22 hours ago, ethaetha said:

i've ruled out it being a cephalon since only 7-8 are known, and jordas is already his own little thing.

Cephalon are fairly common in the Origin System. The Corpus use them to pilot their large capital ships and possibly smaller ships as well. They can also be used for a number of other tasks. There are likely hundreds, if not thousands of them.

21 hours ago, ethaetha said:

also, in this case the term "mother" is used because the sentient "mothers" create other smaller sentients.

You can say this all you want, but Hunhow has never been referred to as Natah's mother and is several times referred to as Natah's father.

21 hours ago, ethaetha said:

also, it was never started she had a specific "mother" simply that she had a "father" however due to the sentients lack of gender-differences for the fact that they are machines, this wouldn't technically be possible.

At the end of the Sacrifice quest, Natah says, "Mother, I am coming home." DE has talked about this mother other times when discussing the New War and it's clear she is coming to the Origin System.

1 hour ago, ethaetha said:

it'd be impossible to return eitherway

Given that we know they're coming (as the New War trailer indicates), they've clearly found a way. A possible option is to have travelled at sub-light speeds through realspace. This will have taken them a while, but it's been millennia, really.

1 hour ago, ethaetha said:

3. as i said, they have no actual gender. they're machines

They're sentient, sapient beings with their own individuality and personalities. Hence, they can choose their own genders.

As I've understood this, there are, at most, 4 sentients that could be in, or near, the Origin System. The first is Hunhow, who was the 'great destroyer', literally the Sentient in the Old War, and it's his fragments that gave rise to things like the Eidolons.

The second is Lotus, confirmed to be a Sentient, but she describes herself as a 'mimic', which we've seen and aren't anything like her, so what makes her different?

The third would be this mysterious 'mother' of hers, and this is where I believe the explanation for Lotus' difference is; When two Sentients interact to create a new Sentient, they each give something, contribute to the new life, and the 'father' and 'mother' are only defined by either each Sentient's personal identity, or by what aspect of the new life they contribute.

The fourth is Lotus' 'brother', who is confirmed to be the figure seen stalking over the Plains of Eidolon in the New War trailer.

There are, however, potentially thousands of Sentients in existence, all sent to the Tau system to prepare it for the Orokin who, thanks to Hunhow, Natah and the Tenno, don't exist anymore.

If there were more Sentients here? I think we'd be in far more trouble than we are right now.