The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

U26: huge fps hit

40PE

I've lost like 60fps from higher fps (was 200 now 140, rarely see going up to 180)

The most important is that the game called like 60fps tops. I got fps stutter like when you get 20-30fps even though it shows I got 120fps.

Very strange but can't rely play like this. In big right it was very slow.

Got Rtx 2080, I7-8700K, 32GB RAM and raid SSDs. But as I said, prior patch the game was stellar smooth with 120-200fps.

As far as I see all graph options were not changed in options.

4 hours ago, 40PE said:

I've lost like 60fps from higher fps (was 200 now 140, rarely see going up to 180)

The most important is that the game called like 60fps tops. I got fps stutter like when you get 20-30fps even though it shows I got 120fps.

Very strange but can't rely play like this. In big right it was very slow.

Got Rtx 2080, I7-8700K, 32GB RAM and raid SSDs. But as I said, prior patch the game was stellar smooth with 120-200fps.

As far as I see all graph options were not changed in options.

Hi 40PE,

Can you please try verifying and optimizing your download cache via. the Warframe launcher? Your system should be more than capable of running Warframe at higher framerates, so there's a chance the game's cache just needs to be optimized locally.

You'll also want to make sure you are using the latest drivers for your PC. For the RTX 2080 you'll want the 441.08 WHQL drivers, which can be found here.

Verify_and_defrag_Cache.png

Hi, after the patch was applied, launcher suggested to optimize it so I did.

I'll try optimize again, though I noticed this behavior in the game in general, not just in a mission.

Ohh and yes latest Nvidia driver just applied yesterday. I usually select custom/clan install and clean the earlier driver.

Edited by 40PE

-Did optimize and verify again.
-Checked my gpu settings, same as before. (vsync, off, triple buffer off, max performance preferred, as I got gsync monitor)
-In-game the settings are the same, medium AA, some graph. details even on medium, I don't like lot of particles flying around, fps cap at 200, vsync off full screen mode)

Issues:
The game lost significant fps on the ship even, not just in game
There is some jitteriness when you move the screen now, above 120fps I had smooth and fluid graphics usually. Now I see the objects "jitter". The problem is that I can't make a video about it, because as you know the recording smoothens out the frames (due to key framing if I'm correct, don't know the proper term sorry). I could show you pictures, me standing near the wall, looking into it and get 140fps, vs maxed 200fps prior U26.

Something is very broken. Please look into it, I really don't want to play the game like this in the coming months.

Borderless, v-sync off, 1920x1080. Looks like I have the same problem, but only with NVidia GT 1030, NVidia 441.08. FPS is changing wildly out of control in Borderless. Also, random drops to NVidia GPU usage?

Yet, when I use AMD RX 580, it is a nice and constant GPU usage on AMD RX 580 and FPS is mostly constant, even when I drop RX 580 all the way down to 300 MHz to drop the FPS down.

What is going on? NVidia borderless problem?

Motherboard: Asus B450-F
CPU: AMD 2400g with Vega 11 integrated graphics. "HybridGraphics" enabled, primary is iGPU.
RAM: DDR4 32 GB (4x8) at 2933 MT/s.
Graphics card: AMD RX 580
Graphics card: NVidia GT 1030
Monitors: both 1920x1080 all plugged into Vega 11 integrated graphics.

Software drivers:
NVidia 441.08
AMD 19.30.31.05-191023e1-347941E

I'm not talking about borderless. Full screen windowed. Im okay if there is like 10-20fps minus due to new engine update but this is something else.

I see massive fps drop on even my ship just standing around. Might be some glitched light calculation or memory leak or dunno, but its definitely there.

GPU Usage: 93%. On the Syndicate screen (and standing in a corner on a dark place in the ship, on the login screen, etc.)

Why? What is happening with the gpu utilization? What requires such an immense amount of calculation?

Edited by 40PE

It could be the latest drivers actually causing this, so going back a version or two might be worth a try. I haven't updated mine and game runs the same as it did before update 26, husband updated his driver and got clear fps drops. I have gtx960 and he has gtx1060.

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

It could be the latest drivers actually causing this, so going back a version or two might be worth a try. I haven't updated mine and game runs the same as it did before update 26, husband updated his driver and got clear fps drops. I have gtx960 and he has gtx1060.

Except it is the new update.
Prior patch was everything good. U26 comes, game fps breaks. No, its the new light/shadow update and effects (if nothing else, but as I mentioned, in totally static only your character on screen andits 90+% gpu usage).

Edited by 40PE

14 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Except it is the new update.
Prior patch was everything good. U26 comes, game fps breaks. No, its the new light/shadow update and effects (if nothing else, but as I mentioned, in totally static only your character on screen andits 90+% gpu usage).

Let me rephrase; it could be the combination of the new driver and U26 so it might be worth to revert back to an older driver version to see if that helps. Not saying DE shouldn't look into this, just a) trying to help people with this problem find a temporary solution and b) hopefully help DE get some extra feedback on this.. aka does reverting to older driver version fix it for everyone or is it just a fluke that I'm fine on an older driver and my husband's fps problems are now also gone after going back to an older driver.

Edit: Incase anyone is interested both me and my husband are on the 436.15 driver version.

Edited by Leyvonne

2 hours ago, 40PE said:

What is happening with the gpu utilization? What requires such an immense amount of calculation?

High GPU usage may not always be doing more calculations.

Might be power management problem that may the clock speed and fail to speed up. Low FPS, high GPU usage at slow MHz/GHz speed.
NVidia control panel, profile settings, Warframe.x64, set power management to high performance.
Check with HWinfo64 or some tools that can read GPU's RAM and core speed. Also check temperatures to make sure they are not too hot.

If GPU dedicated memory fills to the max, it may start using shared GPU memory which can slow down GPU, expecially with anisotropic filtering, and give appearance of high GPU usage. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1026281-terrible-frame-rate/

5 minutes ago, sam686 said:

High GPU usage may not always be doing more calculations.

Might be power management problem that may the clock speed and fail to speed up. Low FPS, high GPU usage at slow MHz/GHz speed.
NVidia control panel, profile settings, Warframe.x64, set power management to high performance.
Check with HWinfo64 or some tools that can read GPU's RAM and core speed. Also check temperatures to make sure they are not too hot.

If GPU dedicated memory fills to the max, it may start using shared GPU memory which can slow down GPU, expecially with anisotropic filtering, and give appearance of high GPU usage. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1026281-terrible-frame-rate/

Come on mate... there was no such behavior prior patch. Patch arrived.. Many times the most obvious reason IS the reason, no need to look for clues in places where are no changes.

You have to start looking at the problems from the easiest solutions. You turn on your machine, and you get a blank screen on your monitor. What you do first? Check the power cable and cable connection to your monitor, not starting to pick your machine apart and see if the gpu is loose.

On loading screen for example its 30-50% utilization. There are effects, more models, moving around. On a still screen where one warframe visible 90%? Nope its not power management SUDDENLY gone crazy. 

Edited by 40PE

I seem to be having issues too. 2070S / i5-6600k. Was perfectly smooth before the update, now I frequently drop below 60fps (!) when it gets busier. Seems to be more due to CPU, since it's pretty much sitting at 100% and the GPU doesn't even begin to sweat. I know with this CPU/GPU combo I'm gonna be CPU-bound pretty much permanently, but it was fine before the update.