Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New melee combo counter: Does it go beyond 12x / 222 hits?

Jarriaga

I can't get past this number, which is just when my crit zaws start seeing red crits with Blood Rush. Yet some players are saying they have gone up to 20x.

Is there a mod that gets past 12x? Or is this the actual hard cap and those other players are just on hyperbole/exaggeration?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Caps at x12 i think the hits required to reach it is different between melee.

Thanks. This confirms my suspicions. This, coupled with Blood Rush now only scaling off base crit rather than total crit, the speed in which you reach the combo counter cap, the entire counter being lost in a single heavy attack unless you have efficiency, and the combo damage multiplier only applying to heavy attacks have effectively killed Naramon for me. There is no advantage for sustaining a long combo now.

Will now move to Zenurik for the heavy attack efficiency.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gypsy_Goat said:

Building up and maintaining combo takes too much work.  You're just better off shooting everything dead super fast and then just dealing with a harder enemy without heavy attacks.

I'm a melee-focused player. My primary and secondary are often just modded for utility status rather than damage.

Edited by Jarriaga

Every melee i've used is 12x/220 max, Basically: they dont want you to sit on the combo counter, they want you to use it. I feel they've effectively killed off all combo counter preservation mechanics/mods. Why would i equip body count? I can get to the full combo in 20s~ if i need to.

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I can't get past this number, which is just when my crit zaws start seeing red crits with Blood Rush. Yet some players are saying they have gone up to 20x.

Is there a mod that gets past 12x? Or is this the actual hard cap and those other players are just on hyperbole/exaggeration?

Possibly the Venka Prime? its the only weapon i know of that changes the combo counter.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Possibly the Venka Prime? its the only weapon i know of that changes the combo counter.

I will try the Venka Prime when I get home, but I think that player was lying considering he would not share his build and made a fuss about how melee now killed the game for him and he uninstalled WF as if that prevented him from answering the question.

• Like 1