The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember is hot Garbage

ShortCat

40 minutes ago, Wyvern_WX-0-1 said:

I think the OP is being a tad harsh, but I generally agree with the OP. They did not stick to the original theme of Ember too well and her kit is a tad disjointed and marginally decent.

Yeah. Although Ember is usable now, but the mechanism is a mess right now. And her mechanism is totally changed and it is better to view her as a NEW warframe rather than Ember. Even if we have a new warframe named something like 'Magma' with the same loadouts of abilities we will have no difference.

See Vauban, that is refined but still have the same concept and keep most of his own feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Yeah. Although Ember is usable now, but the mechanism is a mess right now. And her mechanism is totally changed and it is better to view her as a NEW warframe rather than Ember. Even if we have a new warframe named something like 'Magma' with the same loadouts of abilities we will have no difference.

See Vauban, that is refined but still have the same concept and keep most of his own feature.

feels like they didnt get rid of fireball to avoid having to make a completely new frame which i say they should have just made a completely new frame and people who want fire spam could go play that.

Edit: imo it was a bad idea to combine vortex and bastille. photon strike could have replaced vector pad and overdriver.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone saying that Ember is worse after the remake.. what are you smoking?! She went from MR fodder to quickly farm trash mobs, to a serious contender in most end game content. 

And anyone misses the old Ember, just play Volt, and press 4 every 5 secs. Much better results than World of Fire Ever Been. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

On 2019-11-02 at 9:33 AM, Gurpgork said:

Well there's two problems with this. First, a Warframe's kit shouldn't be unmanageable at base efficiency. And second, and more importantly, the energy drain of Immolation is still uncapped regardless of how much efficiency you have. Not to mention that this does nothing to fix the outrageous micromanagement you have to do at all times. 

This is a ridiculous statement.  A warframe should always be hard to manage energy without efficiency. That's the dang point of efficiency especially on caster frames. Stop trying to push power creep further. Also, just use her third ability it does wonders for management. And it really is all that outrageous the micro management. Honestly you are just not good at the game if you can't micromanage.

Observed problem with Ember's new kit: Toggling Immolation off and on shouldn't be the optimal way to play her.

I'm not going to make suggestions about what to change because I don't want to step on the developers'(s) creative vision, I'm instead only going to bring awareness to the most critical problem.

I understand that the intended cycle is to build meter and then spend energy to avoid hemorrhaging all of your energy, however because of the cost for Fireblast being 75 energy the intended gameplay loop isn't fun. Ember's immolation is often much too fast and frequently requiring three, sometimes four, casts of Fireblast to return the burnrate to normal. Without efficiency mods that's 225~/~300 energy spent through back-to-back casts. Ember can't sustain herself without constantly being conscious of energy when modding. She needs either max efficiency and wasting slots, or her augment, or Energize, or a Zaw with Exodia Brave. Some players I have talked too suggest others build loadouts with combinations of what I listed.

• Like 1

Here are my suggestions for Ember:

Buff Armor and Health to 125.

Replace Fireball with Accelerant. Let Accelerand stun, and deal armor strip, in 360 degree, no LoS, over time and with more heat damage.

Replace Immolation with Overheat.

Remove LoS from Fire Blast, also remove armor strip as Accelerant will take over.

Buff Range across the board. This will help modding.

Are we worried Ember will become too powerful?.... Why? We already have a frame that can do this much and DE seems to be just fine with it.

Um no. She's as good as Saryn now but tankier? Just hit 2, hit 4 and always hit 4 before 3 and you will clean house. Build max efficiency Some range and duration and minimum strength to achieve 90% damage resistance from her 2. Put [Healing Flame] on #3, one health mod,adaptation and Hunter Adrenaline+Rage. (Primed Flow)

Remember every target that's on fire from #4 adds +5% strength to #3. ...hitting 3 is for gaining rage/hunter adrenaline power. Rinse and repeat 

Efficiency and duration are a must to maintain 90% damage resistance from #2. 

Run in like a crazy person to maintain your energy.   

Edited by WarRelic

12 hours ago, WarRelic said:

Um no. She's as good as Saryn now but tankier? Just hit 2, hit 4 and always hit 4 before 3 and you will clean house. Build max efficiency Some range and duration and minimum strength to achieve 90% damage resistance from her 2. Put [Healing Flame] on #3, one health mod,adaptation and Hunter Adrenaline+Rage. (Primed Flow)

Remember every target that's on fire from #4 adds +5% strength to #3. ...hitting 3 is for gaining rage/hunter adrenaline power. Rinse and repeat 

Efficiency and duration are a must to maintain 90% damage resistance from #2. 

Run in like a crazy person to maintain your energy.   

Hey, I tried your build. Its another nice build, no doubt, but its a low tier build and no way its better than Saryn. This was tested in the simulacrum against lvl 100 corrupted heavy gunners.

There are two major problems with Ember, her Line of Sight on Fire Blast, and her Range. Another issue she has is that Immolation needs time and energy to reach its full potential on both 100% armor strip and damage reduction. Also, her Inferno on this build did very little damage, even to the enemies that had no armor left. I had to use abilities multiple times in order to clear the room. I used a Zaw with Exodia Brave, Energize, Guardian, and Energy Generator on the death cube... though for this particular build all the energy mods and arcane were a bit of an overkill.

This is the Saryn build I used. I havent updated it in about a year cause im not on Warframe much, but it was my solo elite onslaught build. Id like to replace Cunning Drift with Primed Sure Footed... see how it plays... anyway.

Corrosive Projection, Cunning Drift, Streamline, Blind Rage, Stretch, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Hunter Adrenaline, Overextended, Primed Continuity. I used Awakening, and Guardian with a Catchmoon that had Pax Bolt. Deathcube with Energy Generator and a Zaw with Exodia Brave. On Focus i'll either go Unairu or Zen. The only downsides on this build Vs the Ember is that you will take more damage and you need to know how to manage your energy. Its nowhere near as lazy as Ember, and it kills the same type and level enemies at a fraction of the time, every time. Ember might be tankier but Saryn kills much faster, way further, and with no line of sight issues.

All I know is that DE is not doing right by Ember.... at all. Accelerant was a good ability, just like Overheat was. No need to add micromanage abilities if youre gonna keep it a low tier frame.

Edited by (PS4)GameflowPRO
  • Like 2