Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye, Warframe. I will miss you.

Neiasaurus

Just now, Neiasaurus said:

It's a really hard thing to leave something you're emotionally and in my case financially invested in. But I just feel the changes ruin a lot of what I enjoyed about the game. So until something gives, this will be a good time for me to leave again in favor of games I'll have more fun in. 

Yea...to be honest, there isn't another game out there that I have played that was more fun for me than this one. I have enjoyed other games, but few had the kind of mobility and frenetic pace that this one had. Loved the ability to jump up/climb, few games allow that kind of freedom.

If it's any consolation I and plenty others are loving the changes and we'll play the heck out of the game in your place, best of luck finding something new to scratch your itch! And who knows, maybe we'll see you again soon enough, Empyrean is around the corner and DE has a way of dragging us all back one way or another. 

2 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Didn't mean that you were being snide, it was supposed to be self-deprecatory.

Still don't really understand these kind of threads, though. Perhaps I just have a fundamentally different attitude when it comes to games changing in a way I don't like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I said, it's mostly was meant to vent. Considering most companies won't listen to their fans even if they're united when it comes to changes in mmos, I don't exactly expect a change. In fact, I'd say that'd be delusion. So this was more for me, getting it off my chest, then anything else. 

1 minute ago, SayikVindal said:

Yea...to be honest, there isn't another game out there that I have played that was more fun for me than this one. I have enjoyed other games, but few had the kind of mobility and frenetic pace that this one had. Loved the ability to jump up/climb, few games allow that kind of freedom.

I picked up DS3 a while back for like 20 bucks for the 100 dollar edition, so I'll probably fill the void with that game. Dark souls is a great game series, and everyone should play it. I hope in a year or two I can pick up warframe and work past this, but for right now I just feel the game isn't enjoyable for me, and wanted to get it off my chest more then anything. Besides, I can use that space for mods for another game or something. I'll find a use for it. 

2 minutes ago, Neiasaurus said:

I picked up DS3 a while back for like 20 bucks for the 100 dollar edition, so I'll probably fill the void with that game. Dark souls is a great game series, and everyone should play it. I hope in a year or two I can pick up warframe and work past this, but for right now I just feel the game isn't enjoyable for me, and wanted to get it off my chest more then anything. Besides, I can use that space for mods for another game or something. I'll find a use for it. 

I havent tried Destiny 2 yet, might give that a whirl. Not sure it can measure up to this game though.

11 minutes ago, Neiasaurus said:

Okay. You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree, and from some of the other replies,I'm not alone in how I feel about all this. I'm not going to be drawn into a mud flinging contest with you, so if you're hoping I'm going to be rude back to you, you're going to be disappointed. 

Poor behavior is not opinion. Fling mud if you want, I'm not a snowflake. You are part of a very loud minority. Don't get cocky.

All that time you just wasted writting, posting and replying could of have been used doing something to make you happy. Instead you post for validation of your poor opinion. My point is and has been should you choose to heed it, is be a better adult and walk away gracefully. Crying gets you no where in life.

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague

Just now, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Poor behavior is not opinion. Fling mud if you want, I'm not a snowflake. You are part of a very loud minority. Don't get cocky.

All that time you just wasted writting, posting and replying could of have been used doing something to make you happy. Instead you post for validation of your poor opinion. My point is and has been should you choose to heed it, is be a better adault and walk away gracefully. Crying gets you no where in life.

So your answer to me making a post venting, is to make a post...Complaining about that post. And then you're going to tell me about wasted time, and validation. I'm just pointing out the irony of saying one thing, and doing the opposite. 

It is your opinion it's poor behavior to....Write a post venting about an issue. Not an opinion I personally hold, but to each their own I suppose. 

15 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I'm not upset at all. The point I'm trying to make is that melee was stupid with the way blood rush, body count and lifestrike worked, because they trivialized everything, required zero effort and absolutely no skill. And I don't see the "fine-tuning" or "creativity" in using the exact same obvious crap literally everybody has exploited for as long as it existed, because it was the single-most efficient choice with no alternative that came even close.

And yes, by my definition, that was cheesy as hell, I hated it and I'm actually using melee a lot more after these changes, because it doesn't feel as cheap anymore. I like it better that way.

We're never gonna see eye to eye on this one, we'll never agree, neither one of us is gonna convince the other and that's fine. I'm not trying to attack you over your personal opinion. But I maintain that these changes were necessary, long overdue, they've been announced ages ago and in my opinion, they're absolutely for the better.

But you see, while you think it was over due, just read this thread. There's more then a few saying the changes harmed them too. There was more then just the Blood rush build effected. And the fact people are so divided by it kinda shows that it wasn't a good change. Good change everyone rallies behind. Bad change divides people, and make it a heated issue. The fact that this is a thing, is kinda proof enough that the change has effected people on both sides of the coin, and the fact it's not just one person affected in a strictly negative way kinda shows that they didn't fix anything, they just replaced one issue with another. (Not that I think there was ever an issue, melee was perfectly fine the way it was. You traded the range, and the ability to keep enemies at a distance, in exchange for melee that could be over-powered in the right builds. It was a trade off, and it's not like blood rush was the only build that worked. It simply was one I enjoyed. Because it maximized the potential of melee, with a good risk-reward system.) 

Man, there are some really trashy people in this thread...

OP: things change and some like them, some don't.  I've been at that cross-road myself and disappeared for nearly a year before returning, so keep your acct alive in case you ever decide to come back. In the meanwhile hopefully you find something more suitable to your tastes!

Just a friendly reminder: The most beautiful part of Warframe is that it's in a continual state of development.  That means we get new content and participate in a live community.

But with that characteristic comes growing pains.  Sometimes things change, break, bug, or are removed.  Just because DE wants to try something new doesn't mean they've completely stopped caring about the players' needs and wants.  They're going to be collecting data for potentially another week and make adjustments from what they find.

If you're so willing to ditch the entire Warframe community immediately after DE does the slightest thing you don't like, I would urge you to consider that flaw within yourself and how it might potentially translate into real life.  Are you that impatient of a person in real life?  Are you able to form any meaningful relationships?  Or do you throw people away the very minute they do or say something you disagree with?

• Like 1

Just now, Neiasaurus said:

So your answer to me making a post venting, is to make a post...Complaining about that post. And then you're going to tell me about wasted time, and validation. I'm just pointing out the irony of saying one thing, and doing the opposite. 

It is your opinion it's poor behavior to....Write a post venting about an issue. Not an opinion I personally hold, but to each their own I suppose. 

You have a right to what you post just as I do. It's a public forum and to use that to discredit my argument proves you never had one. You don't have the right to say what you want and not get push back. Welcome to reality. Life isn't fair and crying about it says all I need to know about your character.

You posted first, looking for others to validate you're book long complaint. A complaint mind you, that could have been stated in one sentence. Like if we don't know your every reason our lives won't be complete and you can't survive without others coming to your aid. 

You posted a rant. Nothing more. Why should anyone care about you leaving, or for that matter, why care about all the ,"I'm gonna quit" threats. For f sake just leave already. You are not special.

1 hour ago, TheJagji said:

If you where really invested, you would not kick the bucket. As people have said, there is a new meta to melee cos of the changes. Sure, your build no longer works as well as it did, but there are builds out there now that work way better. Your whole post can be competed in to 'I don't like change'...

No it really can't. To do that you'd have to ignore what I actually said was my issue with it. Which was changing core mechanics for worse ones, limiting my options in terms of frames , and other things to this effect. I have over 900 hours in the game, spent more then a thousand bucks over the years, it's safe to say, I was emotionally invested. And by over 900 hours, I meant something above 950 of them. Closing in on that first 1k hours. But I am not going down this path, I've been down it with more then a few mmos due to blind loyalty out of stupidity of my own. I'm no longer blindly loyal. I will not support things I don't actively enjoy anymore. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Neiasaurus:

But you see, while you think it was over due, just read this thread. There's more then a few saying the changes harmed them too. There was more then just the Blood rush build effected. And the fact people are so divided by it kinda shows that it wasn't a good change. Good change everyone rallies behind. Bad change divides people, and make it a heated issue. The fact that this is a thing, is kinda proof enough that the change has effected people on both sides of the coin, and the fact it's not just one person affected in a strictly negative way kinda shows that they didn't fix anything, they just replaced one issue with another. (Not that I think there was ever an issue, melee was perfectly fine the way it was. You traded the range, and the ability to keep enemies at a distance, in exchange for melee that could be over-powered in the right builds. It was a trade off, and it's not like blood rush was the only build that worked. It simply was one I enjoyed. Because it maximized the potential of melee, with a good risk-reward system.) 

I think we're going in circles now and just repeating ourselves over and over again. I'm not surprised that people using blood rush for absolutely everything are upset over the changes, because it was a crutch, it trivialized everything and it was so incredibly easy, absolutely everyone could use it. I can absolutely see why people would be angry to see it nerfed the way it was. Personally, I'm glad to see these changes, because I think it wasn't all that great to have a mod-combo in there, which was vastly superior to just about everything else. I also don't see how it's fun or rewarding to play that way. Naramon was nerfed when people kept soloing for countless hours with zero effort, Ivara was nerfed, now it was time for an OP melee mod combo to get fixed. I'm okay with that for the reasons I already stated, I'm not at all surprised that many others are not. Which makes me even happier the devs went through with it anyway instead of worrying too much about upsetting the people relying on it.

Anyhow, I've said everything I had to say and I'm starting to bore myself with my own talking now, so I'm out. Enjoy DS3. I think I'm on my 35th playthrough now? Still playing the 1st one on Switch, too. Good stuff. You wouldn't want effortless 1hit-kills with infinite autoheals on there, either. Juuust saying. 😛

Edited by Berserkerkitten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

"This isn't an airport..."

No, it's a forum for a community. Saying farewell to colleagues or friends is normal human behaviour.

If you think there is something wrong with that, then I hope you feel happy in your basement. Walk outside sometimes.

Thank You!  God, made me sick reading all the goading replies just because they don't agree.  He was well-mannered, calm, and courteous.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

You have a right to what you post just as I do. It's a public forum and to use that to discredit my argument proves you never had one. You don't have the right to say what you want and not get push back. Welcome to reality. Life isn't fair and crying about it says all I need to know about your character.

You posted first, looking for others to validate you're book long complaint. A complaint mind you, that could have been stated in one sentence. Like if we don't know your every reason our lives won't be complete and you can't survive without others coming to your aid. 

You posted a rant. Nothing more. Why should anyone care about you leaving, or for that matter, why care about all the ,"I'm gonna quit" threats. For f sake just leave already. You are not special.

1) Who ever said I didn't, who ever said you didn't? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of your own statements. If your advice to me is "STOP COMPLAINING" while also complaining about my complaints, it comes off as a blatant do as I say, not as I do moment. Your argument is valid to you, but it's also hypocritical. And you should be aware of that at least. Especially as you've gone out of your way to be rude to myself, and a few others I tried to be civil to you for a while. But pointing out your hypocrisy, especially as that was mounting, became something I couldn't resist.

2) No, I posted in order to vent. You should actually read it, because it says that I doubt anyone will even read this. (Or something to that effect). It was clearly me venting about changes that caused me to stop enjoying the game to such a degree I couldn't justify spending more time or money. That'd just be digging an already deep hole, even deeper. It was better to cut my losses, post a vent post, and uninstall.

3)Again, that's the point. It was a vent. I don't expect you to care. I never ASKED you to care. I didn't even ask you to read the damn thing. So it's a bit ironic you're pretending like I'm somehow forcing people to read it. That's like saying "How dare you make a youtube video criticizing this thing I like, just don't play it!" It's a ridiculous notion that everyone is going to be positive about something. It's ridiculous to say something, and by saying it, doing the exact thing you have an issue with. It seems you're actually even more upset then I am, so I'm sorry I upset you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Thank You!  God, made me sick reading all the goading replies just because they don't agree.  He was well-mannered, calm, and courteous.  

I lost a bit of the courteous towards one person. But I felt that being polite, even despite some people being more then slightly insulting, would do a lot of the talking for me. But even I have my limits. And this one person finally hit them. Thank you though. I appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, Neiasaurus said:

No it really can't. To do that you'd have to ignore what I actually said was my issue with it. Which was changing core mechanics for worse ones, limiting my options in terms of frames , and other things to this effect. I have over 900 hours in the game, spent more then a thousand bucks over the years, it's safe to say, I was emotionally invested. And by over 900 hours, I meant something above 950 of them. Closing in on that first 1k hours. But I am not going down this path, I've been down it with more then a few mmos due to blind loyalty out of stupidity of my own. I'm no longer blindly loyal. I will not support things I don't actively enjoy anymore. 

You're issues don't seem to be more than just you don't want to do something different/new, which paints a rather poor image of how much you truly enjoy/were invested in the game if minor gear changes would prompt you to quit. You blame on the loss of self healing, aspects that didn't go away, and have alternate methods, so that isn't the issue, and I suppose you dislike the new heavy attack system even though you didn't elaborate on why (note heavy attacks aren't a replacement for channeling, a new system is in development to replace it and just hasn't been completed) outside the earlier not entirely accurate grievance so I can't go further on that. You say you can't go longer on a run with Ember now than you could before, which is wholly ironic since Ember was just made vastly more viable for high tier content, so I would wonder what your more recent experiences have been to create that impression, or are these perhaps assumed scenarios, because that seems a potential thing. How long did you typically go with Ember pre-old blood, how long have you attempted now? Have you adapted any builds since then? Or are you just sticking to what you had and hoping for the same outcome in an evolved system? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

"This isn't an airport..."

No, it's a forum for a community. Saying farewell to colleagues or friends is normal human behaviour.

If you think there is something wrong with that, then I hope you feel happy in your basement. Walk outside sometimes.

Yeah, I've got nearly 1,000 hours in warframe. Most of it was solo, but there's been more then a few times i've helped people farm stuff, and helped people do hard missions and so on. So even with my outcast attitude,  I still feel attached. Which is why I've gone out of my way to be polite, even when some were being unreasonably insulting without even understanding why I was upset. I appreciate you defending me though, I really do. Makes me feel slightly better about the community for sure.