Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva ,,Quartakk"

TheQuartakkMain

I will highlit the important part of the post , the other things are just drama.

What's wrong with the kuva Quartakk quatz?
Why people using the quartakk in the first place? Why the quartakk is loved, and feel unique and strong? Well there is the my story of the quartakk or

The story of warframe's M1 Garand.

The Quartakk was added to the game in update 22.8 with the ghouls event, back in the time the quartakk was an underwhelming weak shotgun-like weapon, with weak stats and with the mechanic like other shotguns had the status chance was split between the bullets. After few updates, the quartakk became the one that we know now as The Quartakk.

A four-shot burst rifle, one of the strongest in the game, with only one click you could prock 4 different status procs at the same time, with a decent cc & cd it is a great hybrid weapon. But it's just decent why people using it? 

Well, the weapon has an amazing sound, it feels strong like you really hit the enemies into the head with that four-shot. The sound design is amazing gives weight to the weapon, and when you empty the magazine then you will understand why I call it warframe's M1 Garand.
The weapon is amazingly designed, just like god intended to be like this. 

So what is wrong with the kuva version of it?

Well i don't wanna be rude but DE decided to ,,copy-paste" the mechanic of the quatz,  you know, that pistol with the frustrating and annoying fire mode switching mechanic. What is throwing away the main thing what makes the quartakk unique. The kuva quartakk is not Quartakk. The quartakk was feeling most satisfying to use when you fire from the hip. They made it impossible and you can't use the original fire mode of the weapon, the satisfying four-shot burst without using the aim. You can only use the weak and unsatisfying auto-fire mode with a weak sound what is just becomes worse when you have a higher fire rate. (Seems to be DE fixed the sound of the auto fire mode, what is a nice change)

This little thing ruined a dream to me, I used it now slowly two years. I always hoped the quartakk will get a better version of it. But instead, we got a primary version of the quatz with weak auto fire. 
What I hope it's will change, it would be cool we could manually switch between fire modes. But for now, it's will sit in the arsenal to a time when it's will be useable like the original  intended to be

So how to swole the problem?

1.  Change the fire mode switching mechanic to manually switchable. Examples :Stradavar,Tiberon Prime,Zarr.
  2.  The auto-fire mode needs a small buf, a little more fire rate, and more accuracy. 
Edited by Xrasegot
  • Like 2

I also feel like this trend of "weapons fire in a different mode when zoomed" needs to stop. Sheesh, we have an alt-fire button. This is not destiny where the devs were apparently too lazy to properly integrate alt-fire on guns. We already have switchable fire modes, let's not make stuff unnecessarily clunky.

Edited by Genoscythe

• 2 weeks later...

From what I remember the reason the Quatz didn't use the alt-fire button was because you could ADS while using the auto-fire mode with the increased crit stats from the burst-fire mode, something you cannot do with the alt-fire button on default keybinds. I don't know if the Kuva Quartakk has this quirk, but seeing as the Quatz was meant to be the secondary counterpart to the regular Quartakk it does make sense to use its' unique mechanic in an upgraded version.

Edited by AlmightyPancake
  • Like 1

With the way Melee now blocks Secondary Fire usage until you aim / shoot / switch weapons (my poor Corinth why),
I actually welcome having different firing modes based on your Aim status.

However, it should be an optional thing, and customizable, at that.

Let us choose whether we want mode switching via Secondary Fire
(in which case I'd also very much like to choose which mode we start the mission with, same for Sniper zoom levels BTW)
or Aim (where we'd get to choose which mode we get from aiming / not aiming).

In addition, having played some Dest the game that shall not be named, I really liked how certain Grenade Launchers worked there,
where you could hold the fire button to shoot and then manually detonate the 'nade upon releasing the button, I'd like that option on Penta.

Furthermore, Secondary Fire on Synthesis Scanner deploying Kinetic Siphon Traps. DE pls ❤️

• Like 3

On 2019-11-20 at 1:57 PM, NinjaZeku said:

With the way Melee now blocks Secondary Fire usage until you aim / shoot / switch weapons (my poor Corinth why),
I actually welcome having different firing modes based on your Aim status.

However, it should be an optional thing, and customizable, at that.

Let us choose whether we want mode switching via Secondary Fire
(in which case I'd also very much like to choose which mode we start the mission with, same for Sniper zoom levels BTW)
or Aim (where we'd get to choose which mode we get from aiming / not aiming).

In addition, having played some Dest the game that shall not be named, I really liked how certain Grenade Launchers worked there,
where you could hold the fire button to shoot and then manually detonate the 'nade upon releasing the button, I'd like that option on Penta.

Furthermore, Secondary Fire on Synthesis Scanner deploying Kinetic Siphon Traps. DE pls ❤️

agreed. i actually like kuva quatakks different firing mods. and can understand people dont like it so having options are always good.

• Like 1