Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the hell on earth that DE keep us from access for quick melee?

DroopingPuppy

Still I don't get it. Just because it I am put aside the melee weapon and only fight with primary and secondary. Why not to bring back it? Why you force me to fully grab the melee weapon all the times when I try to making only one swing of melee weapon and force me to press aim and back to the gun?

4 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It results fully grabs the melee weapon, rather than making a quick melee, sir.

Though it is to be noted that after completing certain combo strings you do get your primary/secondary weapon back immediately.

Definitely not quicker than quick melee but yeah.

Edited by Dante

But I need to press aim button manually to do it, rather than automatically grabs the gun. And I was used 'fire button to make melee' on sword alone mode(because it is annoying as hell to keep press E while on sword alone), even if I just want only one or a few swings I am forced to fully grab the melee weapon and have to change it manually in order to actually back to the gun.

In short, it mess up the flow of the battle, and that's why I have to abandon the melee weapon at all.

39 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It results fully grabs the melee weapon, rather than making a quick melee, sir.

Yeah you fully grab, but unless your options are screwed you should automatically go back to your gun when you try to shoot, making it functionally no different from quick-melee.

In case your options are screwed, look for the circled option:

NAtEGMm.png

If it's already off, your game's broke.  If it's on, switch it off and shooting will put you back in gun mode after a melee attack.

Edited by xXRampantXx

3 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

look for the circled option:

NAtEGMm.png

If it's already off, you're game's broke.  If it's on, switch it off and shooting will put you back in gun mode after a melee attack.

Why? It only means I have to press E to make the melee attack while on sword alone mode. It doesn't make me to only make the melee attacks one or few times and automatically back to the gun smoothly.

Whatever the option is checked or not, the entire system forces me to throw away the melee weapon anyways.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

3 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It doesn't make me to only make the melee attacks one or few times and automatically back to the gun smoothly.

Except, it does?  Swing your melee and pull the trigger and you're immediately back to your gun.

I can fire my gun, aim or no aim, at any point during the combo, it's practically the same thing as quick-melee.  Unless I'm just completely misunderstanding your problem.

Not really. You need to either manually press fire button or aim to do(rather than return to the gun smootly, and automatically), and it is actually even worse because I can't use fire button to make the melee attack while on sword alone.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

Not really. You need to either manually press fire button or aim to do

How is that any different? sure you'r still holding the weapon, but that only affects how you look and has no actual effect on gameplay.

and it is actually even worse because I can't use fire button to make the melee attack while on sword alone.

This I actually agree with, but I imagine (and hope) that's probably just an oversight that will be fixed at some point.

Edited by xXRampantXx

The problem is, you can't see the stats of ammo gauge before you are return to the weapon. You can't see which one you were holding too. And you can't use fire button to make the melee attack while in sword alone.

All the things costs me to actually fire or aim MANUALLY. Yes, I mean MANUALLY. Even if what I need is only one or few swings of melee attack, the warframe is forced to fully grab the melee weapon and the weapon is switched to melee weapon, and it costs the player to MANUALLY press the another button to back. Every time, not even a single exception, when you make the melee attack. That costs me a ton of annoyance, and why I am bothered to do that?

And, it also makes the side effect that mess up the primary/secondary change while change the weapon to non-weapon devices(notably scanners).

22 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

The problem is, you can't see the stats of ammo gauge before you are return to the weapon. You can't see which one you were holding too. And you can't use fire button to make the melee attack while in sword alone.

If that's the problem, then you should have let with it instead of the completely invalid "fluidity" argument you did lead with.

All the things costs me to actually fire or aim MANUALLY. Yes, I mean MANUALLY. Even if what I need is only one or few swings of melee attack, the warframe is forced to fully grab the melee weapon and the weapon is switched to melee weapon, and it costs the player to MANUALLY press the another button to back. Every time, not even a single exception, when you make the melee attack. That costs me a ton of annoyance, and why I am bothered to do that?

As for this, you might find it a bother, but personally I quite like the current system.  sure it prevents me from seeing the information of my current ranged weapon as you pointed out, but, for me, having immediate access to me melee combos is much more valuable, and while I certainly can't speak for the entirety of the community, I can say that everyone I have discussed this with, like me, preferred the current iteration to the old one.  Your issue is 100% opinion.

And, it also makes the side effect that mess up the primary/secondary change while change the weapon to non-weapon devices(notably scanners).

This is not a side effect of melee, it happens even without it and is a completely unrelated problem.

Edited by xXRampantXx

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

To bring this particular point around to a suggestion: it's possible that the dual-wielding UI becomes the de-facto UI for melee-from-firearm, so that the ammo count / weapon selected remains visible and the combo counter sits above it. It might need a tiny tweak to put the name of the melee weapon somewhere different, but it's doable to have all that info there.

15 hours ago, xXRampantXx said:

making it functionally no different from quick-melee

Nope. Not only because of this:

7 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

The one downside to the new melee system is "Syndicate Weapon Procs." No longer can a player quick melee to charge up the meter. Other than that, it's annoying to go back to a weapon that's out of ammo. Then again who can run out of ammo for BOTH primary and secondary weapon while their archgun deployer is on cooldown?

But also because you can't alt-fire directly from melee. That's kinda important for things like the Corinth and Azima, and absolutely vital for the Euphona Prime, whose alt-fire (buckshot) has the same effective range as my Orthos Prime.

16 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

To bring this particular point around to a suggestion: it's possible that the dual-wielding UI becomes the de-facto UI for melee-from-firearm, so that the ammo count / weapon selected remains visible and the combo counter sits above it. It might need a tiny tweak to put the name of the melee weapon somewhere different, but it's doable to have all that info there.

It works! Man, It works.... I didn't expect that I can see quick melee again.

Although I have to choose one-handed handgun styled secondary so it doesn't work with thrown weapons or akimbo, but it seems an option when I pick the one-handed handguns.