Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is becoming pay to win through forma!

FlashFire749

Warframe's F2P is behind a grind gate and time gate.  If you don't want to grind or wait the time, you pay money for platinum to bypass those gates.  That is their business model and how DE keeps the game free to players who have the time and patience to grind and wait.

And yes, I'm guilty of being impatient and buying forma packs to OP my new weapon as fast as possible.  Supporting DE financially is okay, it makes Warframe possible.

On 2019-11-06 at 5:58 AM, FlyingDice said:

No, they're minor annoyances. The RMT mod packs were predatory. Setting void trace and kuva reward rates abysmally low while continually introducing more content that requires them in order to sell more resource boosters is predatory.

Glad to see someone say this.

If you continually keep your farming & foundry going, you'll always have something new tomorrow. And when tomorrow comes every day will bring new joy.

22 hours ago, GrimSinner said:

Warframe's F2P is behind a grind gate and time gate.  If you don't want to grind or wait the time, you pay money for platinum to bypass those gates.  That is their business model and how DE keeps the game free to players who have the time and patience to grind and wait.

And yes, I'm guilty of being impatient and buying forma packs to OP my new weapon as fast as possible.  Supporting DE financially is okay, it makes Warframe possible.

I have actually bought atleast the accesories pack if not the prime pack of about 2/3 of the primed frames out right even after grinding the frame and weapons solely for the support of DE.  I even bought founders pack way back when on pc but i dont have a clue what that account info is and have been too busy to recover that lost email account to try and recover that wf account info.  On top of that im MR 27 now on PS4 and maybe got to MR 11 on that pc account so not worth the effort any more just for the shiny Excal prime back

This free to play game has one of the best system out there. Its pretty fair just time consuming if IF you want ALL weapons/warframes. if you pick like 20 of each then just focus on new weapons and warframes you would not have that much trouble. Its when you want like 80-120 weapons and all 25-40 frames (if you do primes) that you start running into "Omg I cannot have everything I want w/o working it" *Player proceeds to throw childlike tantrum*