Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is becoming pay to win through forma!

FlashFire749

12 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

You can farm fully built ones from the Octavia Luna puzzle room.

That. I saw the thread title and came in here with that exact same idea. I've been hunting for sentients (I want the rifle reload on holster eximus mod) was honestly surprised how many I got from the Simon Says puzzle.

A note if you haven't done it before: completing the puzzle spawns two crates. The first one, on the top of the floating pillar in the centre, is the one which contains the octavia part. The second crate, the one with the forma, is spawned behind one of the balconies on the side overlooking it. I'll come back with a screenshot.

EDIT: here it is. Note that it's a special glowing crate, you can scan it if you haven't done so already.

Warframe0008.jpg

Edited by DoomFruit

10 hours ago, Hayzemet said:

The foundry crafting times are very predatory, but oh well keep giving away your time lads.

No, they're minor annoyances. The RMT mod packs were predatory. Setting void trace and kuva reward rates abysmally low while continually introducing more content that requires them in order to sell more resource boosters is predatory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aldain said:

...Players can make all the forma they want because of how common the materials and blueprints are, I haven't bought a single forma in my entire time playing Warframe over the years because I can just wait 24 hours to make them.

They might take 24 hours to complete, but at that point what is more important to you, your time or your money?

That and you can find a modest amount running Lua missions and always doing the Music Test when it spawns. Although rare, you will probably eventually get a Rare Orokin Container doing all those Lua missions which always rewards a forma.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb FlyingDice:

No, they're minor annoyances. The RMT mod packs were predatory. Setting void trace and kuva reward rates abysmally low while continually introducing more content that requires them in order to sell more resource boosters is predatory.

Not only boosters but the requiem relic pack in the market gives your radiant versions of the relics.

12 hours ago, FlashFire749 said:

Is our ability to produce forma adequate? Is it going to stay adequate?

Adequate is subjective...

Is it adequate for the player that takes a week or more to complete a hunt? Yes.

Is it adequate for the Free Player that plans to burn down one or two hunts a day, speed forma the weapons, and never bothered to stockpile? Probably not.

Edited by Padre_Akais

12 hours ago, FlashFire749 said:

With the content that has been released, a trend is forming. With such a greatly increased demand for forma, and the fact the peoples ability to produce froma has not changed, means that the current methods of acquiring through free means are less effective. For example to max all 13 Kuva Lich Weapons (for mastery), and say building 4 Weapon Exilus adapter for your favorite weapons, requires 81 forma. This will take more than two and a half months to produce. During which your also not fixing your melee weapons that were broken by melee 3.0.

Pay to win would mean there's literally no other way but to pay to access game changing content (ie, superior weapons, frames, mods, formas, etc...).
Is warframe walling game changing content behind a purchase? No.

Formas are a predatory way to get you enticed into buying plats. As many people mentioned, you can get formas easily, they're cheap, some are given away already crafted if you know where to farm or wait for gifts of the lotus. Is it inconvenient to craft, yes. Do you have to buy to get them? No.

With that said, the Pay to Win argument has no basis for me. I get the feeling you want to convey, but seriously, rushing for MR is meaningless past a certain level and it's purely a personal misplaced sense of pride. I don't see people crying about formas on regular weapons and yet they still invest 3,4,5,6,7,8 formas on them anyway. 

I don't see the relevance of bringing up Mod Boosters in a conversation about formas. Except for their conclusion where they say they are still committed to make it fair for non paying gamers.

Sorry to say that I feel this argument could have been summarized in a really good suggestion you made, reduce forma crafting time. The other points are, so far, bias towards "people working on video games should make everything free and easy. They don't need a paycheck just passion.".

I never usually have more than 20 forma stockpiled. You're always iterating and refining your builds. The aura forma costing 4 forma i feel was a bit pricey, i've been holding off on crafting those. I am quite content that they made primary exilus slot bp's only require the 1 forma to build though. That felt reasonable.

As for rank 40 weapons requiring 5 forma, this isn't really new for me. I've put 5 forma into just about every weapon in warframe anyways. Status quo.

You know a few years back i made a few threads about forma acquisition. I suggested archwing rewards would be a good place to put them since i noticed the acquisition went down when switching from tower keys to relics. People laughed in my face. I wonder if i can find that thread. People told me forma was too abundant, needed to stop polluting drop tables. To this day i run fissures and can barely keep my forma demand satiated.

Also getting 3 forma for the melee rework was nice, I guess. I've already used about 20 forma so i would say the "compensation" was less than adequate but that seems to be DE's default recompense now, 3 forma. Honestly i needed 3 forma just for the Vauban/ember changes.

Edited by Skaleek
Can't spell for ^#&$

6 hours ago, Fire2box said:

And those are what exactly? 

Forma blueprints from relics. that's one every 24 hours. 

And the only other way I know outside of very limited time special events is the lua music puzzle. 

365 free Forma in a year

16 minutes ago, CeePee said:

365 free Forma in a year

Man when you put it like that it makes it clear i've probably used over 1.2k forma on my arsenal. I've also bought a few hundred through the bundles and farmed them during plague star so.... 1.5k?

I would love DE to make a usage statistic in our profile that says # of forma used.

"pay 2 win" implys paid advantage aviable only by money , outside of forma bundles from market the item itself is obtanable from relics wich are obtained by gameplay means or buying relic bundle of market or syndicates, as well as forma alerts or invasions .

Given this information one can easily ditch "pay 2 win" nonsense this thread trys to instill .

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

No but you're mentioning how many forma you have like it's a big number, but it isnt even enough to forma all the kuva weapons, which defeats you trying to defend that forma isnt almost being forced to be bought.

So you only remember the amount, not what was after, nice

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

You said nothing of any consequence after. Yeah you can fuse them, but even still its 70 total to forma 1 of each type. So again what you said had no bearing on my point.

You still forgot one point, I'll wait until you find it

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

15 hours ago, FlashFire749 said:

Is our ability to produce forma adequate? Is it going to stay adequate?

It is. Considering what they used to be like, forma are trivial to obtain and build. Forma used to be quite difficult to get--back before the relic system. 

Of course, you have to put in some effort, but a minimal investment in farming mats and BPs pays off hugely if you keep after it on a regular basis. 

13 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Learn to stockpile.

The 7Ps. It applies to everything in this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

excal prime, skana prime and lato prime was all paywalled 

You're right on that one. There's history going around this one though as it was basically a gamble to keep the company alive at a time when they really needed financial support having no backup. To their credit, a lot of other companies would have kept this up instead of stopping right there.

Citing an exception doesn't make it a rule. But you're technically right.