Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapons and the random stats

lukinu_u

With the Kuva liches at their current state, we have 13 Kuva weapons which have equal drop chance (7.7%) upon killing a liches. Considering these numbers, you would need about 43 kills on average to get all weapons and would normally get them after 160 runs, which is definitely ok in my opinion.
(source https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16J691BkMyAcxF281HfxtvDIskYREBljs0Hjoi8dIcII/edit#gid=0)

But I think there are still some problem. For me, the issues are the bonus stat ranging from +20% to +60%, adding to the fact 7 possibles elemental variations exist, and the 5 Forma requirement to reach max level.
So, let's do the math for each weapon with +60% bonus (same element), considering each of the value between 20 and 60 have equal chances of appearing.) and we end up with this tab :
tab.PNG

Basically, average of 63 runs to get a radom +60% weapon and 819 to get a specific one.
Considering you probably want at least 2 weapons with +60% bonus (let's say your favorite primary and secondary with 2 different elements), you would need 2x3586, so 7172 Kuva liches kill to make sure you get it.
Now, let say you are a bit mad and want +60% of ALL ELEMENTS on each weapon, it's 7x11391, which means 79737 kuva liches kills !

You could say me "hey you're not supposed to seek for perfect Kuva weapons dude !" and that's totally true, it's kinda like Riven where perfect rolls are so rare that you never look for the perfect one unless you pay thousands of plats to get it, but the issue there is instead of Rivens which can be rerolled at any time as long as you have Kuva, Kuva weapons are weapons which need to be leveled up, and require Forma to fully setup, and with the random stat, it means Kuva weapons are technically not worth investing Forma unless you get a perfect stat roll and that's the bad part.

To solve this, my solution is to give Kuva weapons a unique slot called "Kuva infusion" (basically an arcane slot), on which you can put unique arcane tied to Kuva weapons which replace the weapon Kuva bonus stat.
The process would works like that :

• You get a weapon you don't necessarily like which have an interesting Kuva bonus.
  • You get a Kuva infusion schema (could be from Kuva relics or any other source).
  • You go into your foundry, use the Kuva infusion schema and select the weapon of your choice.
  • The weapon is dismantled and its Kuva bonus stat is converted into a Kuva infusion usable on any Kuva weapon.

This would mean :

• you only need 63-278 run per element in order to get them perfect.
  • You only need to invest 5 forma per Kuva weapon and not 5 per element or more if you get better bonus later.
  • You can use different element bonus for each mod config on a same Kuva weapon.
  • You could trade Kuva infusions without having insane prices like Riven does.

• Like 1

The stat bonuses being RNG I can live with to be honest, my issue is with the weapons being RNG. Since this is RNG it could take 43 kills, just 13 or even 430 and due to how large the warframe playerbase is, someone is going to get shafted by it and make it even more of a painful system than it already is.

DE could easily address all of these issues by simply creating a store similar to Nora's and be able to trade duplicate weapons for tokens, said tokens could be used to buy other weapons, elemental enhancers (upgrades), rivens, kuva etc. It doesn't matter how expensive it all costs as its a guaranteed reward for your hard efforts so you don't feel as though getting another seer was a monumental waste of time, it also makes killing Lich's a long term goal as other things veterans want will be in the shop.

TL;DR make a kuva version of baro kiteer except kuva weapons for tokens.

30 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Kuva weapons are weapons which need to be leveled up, and require Forma to fully setup, and with the random stat, it means Kuva weapons are technically not worth investing Forma unless you get a perfect stat roll and that's the bad part.

that was already remedied by virtue of being able to merge new Weapon drops into ones that you already have. you can invest into __ Weapon now, and upgrade it eventually.

but, i wouldn't say no to being able to extract the Elemental Stat out of a Weapon to use with any other that you get later.

vor einer Stunde schrieb taiiat:

that was already remedied by virtue of being able to merge new Weapon drops into ones that you already have. you can invest into __ Weapon now, and upgrade it eventually.

but, i wouldn't say no to being able to extract the Elemental Stat out of a Weapon to use with any other that you get later.

unless the weapon you get has a weaker buff than the one you invested in, in which case you got absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

unless the weapon you get has a weaker buff than the one you invested in, in which case you got absolutely nothing.

that's fine with me so long as we get something else we can do with scrap Kuva Weapons, like some suggestions of Transmuting. or crushing for Riven Fuel.

i absolutely would not want each gun merged to like, increase the Elemental Bonus by >=1% regardless of the values it rolled, because that just makes the process into an extremely long XP bar and that's some of the most boring stuff a Video Game can possibly do. better to let you use junk for something else.
like how junk items in Division are still useful for Crafting items of your own to roll more, or Currency for either Endgame type processes or just incase an NPC trader has something interesting once in a while.

Edited by taiiat