Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modless mode

2ndPersonPlural

The new modless missions are the most fun I've had in Warframe in a long time.  They were better than my first few months in the game, which I've been trying to recapture for years.

They force you to make split-second decisions, think hard about your weapon choices, and use group tactics.

Shield and energy levels mean something again.  Frame choice means something again.  Knowing your teammates' ability kits, skill levels, and loadouts gives you an actual edge.

But I only played each mission once.  Maybe when I hit MR 28 I'll go back, but in a game ruled by incentivized grinding, there's very little reason to play these missions.  It's already getting difficult to find groups now that all the hardcore players have Grendel.

I've only tried a survival challenge yet. Entered it solo with Excalibur, completely unprepared. Completed it on the first try spamming bullet-jumps and heavy attacks.

I'm not boasting, just hinting that many mechanics in Warframe are flawed. I think I'd enjoy the game much, much more if what you've described could be applied to most of the game's content. However, this would require some fundamental changes and many would be strongly against it.

Edited by Xaero

1 hour ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

It's already getting difficult to find groups now that all the hardcore players have Grendel.

This is why I feel sorry for anyone who picks up this game in a years time or so and wants Grendel.  I did the star chart and farmed all the normal frames solo.  It is going to be a nightmare for anyone in future trying to get a group for this, which is not required, but highly recommended.

In general, I did see some appeal in the meaningulness of squad composition.  Healing and CC became more important again.  You needed defence frames for protecting defence thingy and excavators, some kind of looter frame for life support in survival because you can't really kill anything.  However, it also felt quite tedious because of how ineffective so many weapons became.

Edited by GibsonPrime

The Grendel missions clearly shows that DE knows that the game is broken to its core,the fact that they have to remove mods in order to create difficulty clearly shows that...but yet they have don't nothing,and worse have not even plan to do something about reworking enemy scaling,which is one of the root issues resulting in the game being in this state today...enemy scaling needs to be reworked in order for damage to be properly balanced...

3 hours ago, DarthIronclad said:

The Grendel missions clearly shows that DE knows that the game is broken to its core,the fact that they have to remove mods in order to create difficulty clearly shows that...but yet they have don't nothing,and worse have not even plan to do something about reworking enemy scaling,which is one of the root issues resulting in the game being in this state today...enemy scaling needs to be reworked in order for damage to be properly balanced...

I wonder what happened to this:

PrgwggO.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jutzo said:

Doesn't that defeat the idea of warframe? I mean, the game is about being over powered and being stronger than 50 level 200 grinner butchers combined.

I don't remember powercreep being the idea of warframe. If it was, DE wouldn't nerf anything.